2018 World Cup - Get a Team to Support Here!!!!

I have no idea what this thread is about, but I’ll gladly fill the empty spot to support Germany. I still have my Germany flag JLaw avatar from the last World Cup. 

Also, it was about time for this sub forum to surface. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I have no idea what this thread is about, but I’ll gladly fill the empty spot to support Germany. I still have my Germany flag JLaw avatar from the last World Cup. 

Also, it was about time for this sub forum to surface. 

Sorry - you don't get to pick!

But you're first up for the next round of teams, which I'll randomize now.

And from here on out, will just hand out teams once or twice per day, regardless of how many people have signed up.

2 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Sorry - you don't get to pick!

But you're first up for the next round of teams, which I'll randomize now.

And from here on out, will just hand out teams once or twice per day, regardless of how many people have signed up.

So you randomly select a team of everybody to root for? What's the purpose of that? I'm not trying to criticize the game, I'm just too slow/tippsy to understand.

Just now, RhaenysBee said:

So you randomly select a team of everybody to root for? What's the purpose of that? I'm not trying to criticize the game, I'm just too slow/tippsy to understand.

Think the randomness just makes it more fun.  Because you can end up with a team you'd never otherwise care about.  I don't know, its just something fun we've been doing for the last few World Cups, Euros, etc.

If you'd rather support Germany or whoever, no problem.

14 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Because sometimes it's way more fun to support a team you'd never in a million years care about otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Belgium - @RhaenysBee
Colombia - @Inigima
Australia - @kairparavel

Just now, Whiskeyjack said:

Think the randomness just makes it more fun.  Because you can end up with a team you'd never otherwise care about.  I don't know, its just something fun we've been doing for the last few World Cups, Euros, etc.

If you'd rather support Germany or whoever, no problem.

So there isn't a particular purpose of the game? It's just picking a team to support for anybody who wants to randomly support a team because their team doesn't play / they don't know who to support / whatever? 

And what if I don't like the team I got? I watched live as Belgium knocked us out of EuroCup in 2016, not sure I'm up to supporting them, the memory is too painful. What happens then? Can I get randomized again? Or do I just sign out and support whoever I would otherwise support? Or do I make another drink and keep pestering you with dumb questions about this game? 

Le but du jeu est de se glorifier dans l'excellence de la belle France. Quelques-uns sont jugés dignes d'être français, la plupart manquent de perspicacité philosophique, d'appréciation de la culture, du vin et du fromage, et ils reçoivent des pays inférieurs aux normes. Certains sont des êtres humains si horribles qu'on leur donne l'Angleterre.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

So there isn't a particular purpose of the game? It's just picking a team to support for anybody who wants to randomly support a team because their team doesn't play / they don't know who to support / whatever? 

And what if I don't like the team I got? I watched live as Belgium knocked us out of EuroCup in 2016, not sure I'm up to supporting them, the memory is too painful. What happens then? Can I get randomized again? Or do I just sign out and support whoever I would otherwise support? Or do I make another drink and keep pestering you with dumb questions about this game? 

:leaving:

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

The way I understand it, it has always been only about changing your username to something silly and yelling about in this subforum. Also confusing everybody in other subforums about who everybody is.

Now excuse me while I go find a flag of Costa Rica to paste into my avatar somehow.

Archived