Jump to content
Whiskeyjack

2018 World Cup - Get a Team to Support Here!!!!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

 

So there isn't a particular purpose of the game? It's just picking a team to support for anybody who wants to randomly support a team because their team doesn't play / they don't know who to support / whatever? 

And what if I don't like the team I got? I watched live as Belgium knocked us out of EuroCup in 2016, not sure I'm up to supporting them, the memory is too painful. What happens then? Can I get randomized again? Or do I just sign out and support whoever I would otherwise support? Or do I make another drink and keep pestering you with dumb questions about this game? 

The way I understand it, it has always been only about changing your username to something silly and yelling about in this subforum. Also confusing everybody in other subforums about who everybody is.

Now excuse me while I go find a flag of Costa Rica to paste into my avatar somehow.

Edited by Buckwheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

This is clearly the best option.

Nah, I already scared him. 

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Now excuse me while I go find a flag of Costa Rica to paste into my avatar somehow.

like make it look like you're sweeping it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nah, I already scared him. 

like make it look like you're sweeping it? 

No, you have it backwards. It is going to be the mighty nation de COSTA RICA that is going to sweep everybody else off the court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

No, you have it backwards. It is going to be the mighty nation de COSTA RICA that is going to sweep everybody else off the court.

I'm still missing the broom. 

 

Anyway, thank you for bearing with me, people, I'll graciously step back and let Belgium go to whoever random selection decides.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Et voilà. Bonjour et benvnuwe - essayez de ne pas avoir peur! 

Oui, nous vous avons donné les femmes les plus belles, l'art le plus influent (et nouveau), et le chanteur le plus... Brel. Oyi, nos estans troizinme do monde de FIFA. Nous allons manger nos moules-frite, boire nos bières trappistes, et gagner la Coupe du Monde. Ça suffit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Edda van Heefmstra Ruston said:

Et voilà. Bonjour et benvnuwe - essayez de ne pas avoir peur! 

Oui, nous vous avons donné les femmes les plus belles, l'art le plus influent (et nouveau), et le chanteur le plus... Brel. Oyi, nos estans troizinme do monde de FIFA. Nous allons manger nos moules-frite, boire nos bières trappistes, et gagner la Coupe du Monde. Ça suffit.

And now in Dutch and German as well please, as a proper Red Devil would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seli said:

And now in Dutch and German as well please, as a proper Red Devil would do.

Ik dacht dat niemand van jullie zo geavanceerd genoeg was om het te begrijpen.

Ich wollte auch nicht, dass irgendjemand denkt, ich würde tun, als sei ich Deutscher, trotz der Verwendung unserer Farben in ihrer Flagge.
 

*Note for RhaenysBee - terrible Google or other online / auto translations are also rampant during this period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Edda van Heefmstra Ruston said:

Ik dacht dat niemand van jullie zo geavanceerd genoeg was om het te begrijpen.

Ich wollte auch nicht, dass irgendjemand denkt, ich würde tun, als sei ich Deutscher, trotz der Verwendung unserer Farben in ihrer Flagge.
 

*Note for RhaenysBee - terrible Google or other online / auto translations are also rampant during this period.

Hvala vam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, a free shadow said:

i did not get a team... nobody can manage me :ninja: 

Sorry, didn't realize your post was asking for a team.

You are Germany! 

@a free shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take a random team. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the one hand, I get annoyed by the way a bunch of TV sports commentators (in America, at least) go off on their bits about the World Cup bringing the people of the world together and what not.

On the other hand, I totally love that this is once again bringing some long absent boarders back to the fold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×