Westeros World Cup - Fantasy League

7 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

That’s funny, because I thought the same thing when I was looking at picks to use as my avi.

And good lord does that movie have so many funny nuggets. Doesn’t he punch a woman while dressed as a bear?  

Yes, yes he does. He also very suddenly punches a woman outside of that costume, seemingly out of nowhere. And don't forget pulling a gun on Mollie Parker telling her to "STEP AWAY FROM THE BIKE!"

Tight at the top now!

I'm seriously lamenting my decision to play my wildcard for the third group game thinking the Germans would wake up and smash the Koreans.

Choice of captain will probably decide this.

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Tight at the top now!

I'm seriously lamenting my decision to play my wildcard for the third group game thinking the Germans would wake up and smash the Koreans.

Choice of captain will probably decide this.

Actually I played my wildcard then, too, and it payed off, though I didn't bet on Germany. I had Trippier for captain ahead of the England game, after subbing out my initial captain, Hazard.

1 pt behind you guys.

10 hours ago, Corvinus of Teranga said:

Actually I played my wildcard then, too, and it payed off, though I didn't bet on Germany. I had Trippier for captain ahead of the England game, after subbing out my initial captain, Hazard.

1 pt behind you guys.

Well played! My gamble on Germany was smart in theory but I suppose it's typically my luck that the moment I bet on the Germans and want them to win they disappoint. Essentially it wasted the potential usefulness of the wildcard in later stages.

I chose Kane as captain even though I was telling people Trippier would score from a free kick against Croatia. Note to self: have the courage of your convictions!

Holy shit, that was a nice push near the end. I can't believe Griezmann didn't get the assist for the own goal, but I had him as captain, so that paid off.

1 minute ago, Le Loup le plus cool said:

Congrats Corvinus!

Thanks.

Well played all, great that there were 4 people in with a chance right to the end. I enjoyed this game, just made too many wrong choices in the knockout rounds as well as the failed gamble on Germany waking up.

Congrats to the champion Corvinus!

Congrats Corvinus!

Had a fun time with this.

Was interesting to see how it differed from my league I did with friends off the board.  I made all my top choices in that one, and second choices in this one to diversify (when it was a close call).  Finished with 317 in that one, instead of 293 here. 

Still only ended up 2nd in the league with friends - one of them had 321.  Was a super close ending, with the top three at 321, 317, 315.  Was for money, with the top 2 spots paying, so pretty happy to sneak into 2nd place.  With 30 minutes left, I was down 8 and it looked like I would finish 3rd.  Then Mbappe (my captain) scored to give me +8 and my opponent -1 based on Lovren giving up another goal.  Put me up 1 on him.  And then Croatia scored their 2nd goal, which gave me -4 (had all 4 French defenders) but gave my opponent -5 (he was the same but also had Varane as captain), leaving me with a 2 point lead over him in the end.

Archived