Football: Jules Rimet Still Gleaming

Jordan La Cabra

22 minutes ago, Raja said:

Man, I don't think Kimmich particularly likes defending in these games. 

Kimmich isn't a true fullback. He's a legit central midfielder, maybe a bit defensive, but he's only playing fullback out of necessity both at Bayern and Germany.

Looks like United will not be signing another midfielder. Reliable journalists have all been reporting that Fellaini is on the verge of agreeing a new two year contract with United worth in excess of £100k per week.

All those months Mourinho spent pressuring the board looks to have paid off. Fuck you very much, Jose. Looking forward to his inevitable sacking. 

So with the Fekir deal having fallen through (maybe) Liverpool are apparently going to sign Asensio for £158 million. It’s definitely going to happen and is in no way made up by Barcelona associated news sources to wind up Real fans.

One year ban would’ve maybe been a blessing in disguise for Milan as they don’t really have the squad to compete for top four in the league and go far in Europe but damn that 2 year ban is harsh. 

Wonder what that will mean for Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Suso, etc. They have some quality players that may not want to stick around now :( . Feel bad for the fans. 

36 minutes ago, Prince Onyinye W. Ndidi said:

UEFA have handed AC Milan a two season ban from European competition for breaching FFP regulations.

But no sanction yet on PSG? 

I'm glad that the rule is being enforced, not because I want to punish a handful of clubs and keep them in their place but because I want to remove pressure on all clubs to pursue risky debt to keep pace.  It's the same logic as keeping PEDs out of sports.

United's Faustian pact must be wearing thin.  

2 hours ago, Eusebio da Silva ljkeane said:

So with the Fekir deal having fallen through (maybe) Liverpool are apparently going to sign Asensio for £158 million. It’s definitely going to happen and is in no way made up by Barcelona associated news sources to wind up Real fans.

I'm not sure if we should be offended or secretly flattered that we're now the decoy in these rumors.  PSG and United must be asking why they've lost their prior standing.

Probably Barca just bitter that we have all that Coutinho money available.

24 minutes ago, Fellaining Da Bruyne said:

We're in no danger from FFP. It's gonna take a few more years of not qualifying for the CL for it to be any kind of a problem.

United's Faustian pact was a reference to Mourinho and Fellaini.  Sorry that wasn't clear at all from how I typed it.  United have no FFP concerns on the horizon even if they miss CL for a long period.

1 minute ago, Iskaral Putsch said:

United's Faustian pact was a reference to Mourinho and Fellaini.  Sorry that wasn't clear at all from how I typed it.

Oh, fair enough.

I'd much rather lose Mourinho then Fellaini from that pairing but ah well. Fellaini's contract runs out in a few days so...

1 hour ago, Iskaral Putsch said:

But no sanction yet on PSG? 

Last I heard, PSG have been cleared. They just need to raise around €60m or so in player sales. They've already raised around €35m.

48 minutes ago, Fellaining Da Bruyne said:

Fellaini's contract runs out in a few days so...

He just agreed a new two year contract.

1 minute ago, Prince Onyinye W. Ndidi said:

Last I heard, PSG have been cleared. They just need to raise around €60m or so in player sales. They've already raised around €35m.

He just agreed a new two year contract.

Oh, missed that. Clearly.

Lot of people will be bothered- I'm not, especially.

1 hour ago, Marko Antonivic said:

Think the Milan ban is actually just one year

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2563654.html

UEFA really worded that poorly. In one part they say "The club is excluded from participating in the next UEFA club competition for which it would otherwise qualify in the next two (2) seasonsand then say "i.e. one competition in 2018/19 or 2019/20, subject to qualification". 

I'm still confused on whether this is one or two seasons.

29 minutes ago, Prince Onyinye W. Ndidi said:

But they finished 6th last season so they do qualify for the Europa League, right?

Ah yes. I just looked up the who qualified table on Wiki and looked at Milan without accounting for them already updated (I just sorta assumed there were complicated cup-related reasons for them not having the spot).

Archived