VIKTOR'S LOSERS' LOUNGE

3 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

How the shit is there no thread on Spain v. Portugal?  

Holy shit, what a match.  I was miserably at work and just caught up on the highlights later.  Have to think though that for as glorious as it was that it's extremely unlikely that both Spain and Portugal don't romp and dominate their next matches.  

51 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

You were saying, Monsieur? 

I was merely being thoughtful. Obviously they'll need it sooner or later. :)

10 hours ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Where the devil have all the Germans gone? :P

After a single loss your entire campaign is over. It is known.

So I watched England beat Tunisia because pretty much the only friend I have left in my grad program is a dirty Mancunian and he wanted to watch the game at a "British" pub in the heart of America.  It got really fucking crazy when England scored that second goal.  I've been party to many celebratory sports moments at bars, but this was out of hand - especially considering it was at about 4 in the afternoon.  Glasses were broken in abundance and, literally, children cried.  I did not get why there were children there to begin with, but such is a faux-British pub in America.

Annnywho, I'm here cuz Tunisia doesn't really have a shot now.  Ready to immolate.

*cancels the order of Plutonium Tea*  Egypt obviously got the half time Memo.

Edit  - careful there Egypt,  you don't want to make it too obvious.   btw 5 goals would be nice,  but we can wait more than 3 mins for the next one.

Edit - The Ref did not get the message.  Do not worry bad things happen to traitors.

3 hours ago, Pebble said:

Edit  - careful there Egypt,  you don't want to make it too obvious.   btw 5 goals would be nice,  but we can wait more than 3 mins for the next one.

If Kim Jon-Un can get a score of 18 in 18 rounds of golf, I think it's only fair that Putin Russia can get 8 goals across two games.

It was a bit obvious when Egypt decided to kick Russia's first, just to make sure, but what can you do? They'd gone a whole half before they must have had the phone calls from captive family members to remind them of their duties.

Archived