Cloak & Dagger on (dramatic pause) Freeform *Spoilers*

Bastard of Boston

9 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Unfortunately, they dialed up the cheese for that finale.  Did they have a different person selecting the music for it?  It felt very off from what they had established for the entirety of the season.  Especially during the climax, I literally laughed out loud at how bad that choice of song was. 

Reveal hidden contents

And yay, the one good cop in the city is now a super villain.

Spoiler

Not sure this is true. I looked up the comic book character afterwords and she's an ally of Cloak and Dagger, bent on revenge against crooked cops so basically a vigilante.

1 hour ago, Mexal said:
  Hide contents

Not sure this is true. I looked up the comic book character afterwords and she's an ally of Cloak and Dagger, bent on revenge against crooked cops so basically a vigilante.

That's good.  Comic spoilers

reading about her on wikipedia it does look like she won't be a villain, but the eyes and the slashing they did at the end implied it.

1 minute ago, RedEyedGhost said:

That's good.  Comic spoilers

Hide contents

reading about her on wikipedia it does look like she won't be a villain, but the eyes and the slashing they did at the end implied it.

More...

Spoiler

I thought the exact same thing as you which is why I read up on her. I was afraid too.

3 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Unfortunately, they dialed up the cheese for that finale.  Did they have a different person selecting the music for it?  It felt very off from what they had established for the entirety of the season.  Especially during the climax, I literally laughed out loud at how bad that choice of song was. 

Really enjoyed this season, especially the couple of episodes leading up to the finale.  Unfortunately, have to agree that the finale was a drop in quality.  Kind of disappointing, but still really good overall.

On a personal note, had a sort of strange/interesting thing happen a few weeks ago that ties into this show.  My dad died about 5 years ago, and in the time since then, I haven't watched any videos of him or heard his voice.  One day in mid-July, my wife decided to show our girls the video of our wedding day.  And I came down right around the time my dad was giving his speech.  Was pretty emotional for me.

Later that day, I watched that week's episode of Cloak & Dagger.  And it was the one where Tandy talks to her dad, and Tyrone later listens to the recording of his brother.  Will just say, they hit all the right notes on that.  And kind of a crazy coincidence for me, given the timing.

• 6 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 4:17 PM, SpaceChampion said:

tiny promo for Season 2

I realise now I never finished the last episode of this. Bit of a shame because I really enjoyed the first few episodes. It just tended to peter out towards the end and became less interesting. There is definitely some spark in this show that could make it magical however.

• 1 month later...

A couple of weekends ago, I binge watched episodes 1-9.  I stopped because the last episode was panned in here.  I just now watched the season finale.  I too was laughing out loud during the climatic scene.  I couldn't listen to the dialogue because all that I could hear was Eric Cartman singing in the back of my mind.

Is anyone still watching?  The third episode of season 2 was broadcast recently.

Archived