U.S. Politics: Would You Like A Warranty With Your Magic Beans?

Jace, Extat

31 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

The problem is B.  I don't know how else to get this through to you:  Protesting is going to block the road, that's the fucking point of protesting.

No, we've seen videos of a couple of dicks beating a neo-nazi at Berkeley compared to a neo-nazi killing a woman at Charlottesville.  That's the definition of a false equivalency.

Your emoji response confirms the suspicion that you can't really think.  Rename yourself Brick.

I get it . I just wish it didn't . It's not like I'm gonna petition anyone to stop their right to protesting but if someone blocks my road I'm calling them an asshole and if I see someone smashing windows I'm calling the cops . I think that's fair .

This is more than just a couple .Starbucks isn't Nazi . There are dozens of these videos ,I just did a quick YouTube search and picked the shortest one . Now I can just as easily find dozens of videos of the other side being assholes but you denied the existence of these . Please don't engage in whataboutism , I never compared this to Charlottesville . No reasonable person thinks what happened there was right and Charlottesville is not the norm(except our dumb ass president I guess) , we do not live among hordes of Nazi's , tiny miniscule pockets of them at best (that's part of the reason I hate people calling other people Nazi's over minor things . There are real supremacists out there and comparing everyone we disagree with to them trivializes how ugly their ideology really is ./ Tangent) where was I ? Assholes exist on both sides and I think we should condemn both .yep, sounds about right .

Hey don't shit on emojis ! The can be cool and fluffy :grouphug::cheers:

6 minutes ago, Vin said:

I get it . I just wish it didn't . It's not like I'm gonna petition anyone to stop their right to protesting but if someone blocks my road I'm calling them an asshole and if I see someone smashing windows I'm calling the cops . I think that's fair .

This is more than just a couple .Starbucks isn't Nazi . There are dozens of these videos ,I just did a quick YouTube search and picked the shortest one . Now I can just as easily find dozens of videos of the other side being assholes but you denied the existence of these . Please don't engage in whataboutism , I never compared this to Charlottesville . No reasonable person thinks what happened there was right and Charlottesville is not the norm(except our dumb ass president I guess) , we do not live among hordes of Nazi's , tiny miniscule pockets of them at best (that's part of the reason I hate people calling other people Nazi's over minor things . There are real supremacists out there and comparing everyone we disagree with to them trivializes how ugly their ideology really is ./ Tangent) where was I ? Assholes exist on both sides and I think we should condemn both .yep, sounds about right .

We do live with hordes of white supremacists and neo nazi sympathizers. We live in a country of white supremacy since it has never been addressed.

He look, another GOP white supremacist bigot being elected as a republican nominee!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/12/politics/virginia-senate-race-corey-stewart/index.html#amp_tf=From %1%24s
Corey Stewart, Confederate symbols defender, wins GOP nomination in Virginia Senate race.

And I have found, most assholes firmly sit in the middle, right on their fence and are unwilling to do much but whine about both sides and falsely equating the two.

I'd say the bigotry at Charlottesville is very much the norm, it's just not as overt as was there. There is a reason those people constantly vote republican and why the most extreme of Republican bigotry, white supremacists and nazis, run as Republicans.

4 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

It's quite amazing that a white supremacist country has had a black president for 8 years.

Had it's first and so far only black president for 8 years. But your facile little attempt at shutting down what I said ignores the bigotry he faced, something that the current person in the white house helped fuel with the racist birther conspiracy. 

One black president in over 242 years sure gets rid of white supremacy......... 

21 minutes ago, Copache said:

We do live with hordes of white supremacists and neo nazi sympathizers. We live in a country of white supremacy since it has never been addressed.

He look, another GOP white supremacist bigot being elected as a republican nominee!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/12/politics/virginia-senate-race-corey-stewart/index.html#amp_tf=From %1%24s
Corey Stewart, Confederate symbols defender, wins GOP nomination in Virginia Senate race.

And I have found, most assholes firmly sit in the middle, right on their fence and are unwilling to do much but whine about both sides and falsely equating the two.

I'd say the bigotry at Charlottesville is very much the norm, it's just not as overt as was there. There is a reason those people constantly vote republican and why the most extreme of Republican bigotry, white supremacists and nazis, run as Republicans.

I'm sorry but I just can't take your statements seriously at all . You're seeing ghosts and being sensational and somewhat extremist I might add .we live in a normal country with normal people . 

48 minutes ago, Vin said:

Your country literally elected Donald Trump and you think white supremacists aren't that common?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

if you seriously think I was using that to compare you to creationists, you need to maybe take a basic course in Rhetoric or methods of debate or something similar. People are trying to explain this shit to you in a way nicer way then normal, and your response seems to either ignor facts complete or call people names and accuse then of using buzzwords.

30 minutes ago, Vin said:

I'm sorry but I just can't take your statements seriously at all . You're seeing ghosts and being sensational and somewhat extremist I might add .we live in a normal country with normal people . 

Go do some research into what’s being done at the border and tell me that’s normal.

7 hours ago, Triskele said:

Seriously though.  I am actually amazed at how submissive and docile the population is.  

In fairness to Americans they have been conditioned to be this way for around 50 years now. Entertainment, comfort, material wealth...these are the altars we worship upon. 

6 minutes ago, lessthanluke said:

Your country literally elected Donald Trump and you think white supremacists aren't that common?

Do you seriously believe that Donald Trump got elected mainly because of supremacists ? 63 million people voted for him , how many of them are supremacists ? Do you think these 63 million have no legitimate concerns or issues ? This is just a sad blanket statement to avoid having a discussion with people from across the political spectrum . We need open respectful lines of communication, we need empathy not assumptions of guilt , it's easy to label someone as x y or z because then you convince yourself that you don't have to contend with them and their ideas/issues/perspective and that's an appalling attitude to approach a unified country imo .just going "you either agree with me or you're x " is juvenile and unhelpful imo.

It's seriously wrong that people seem to have forgotten that to run a unified country you need compromises not extremism (and I condemn the extremes on both ends ) talk to people you disagree with on a basis of respect and sincerity and maybe we can do some good !

2 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

if you seriously think I was using that to compare you to creationists, you need to maybe take a basic course in Rhetoric or methods of debate or something similar. People are trying to explain this shit to you in a way nicer way then normal, and your response seems to either ignor facts complete or call people names and accuse then of using buzzwords.

Honestly I think you've never argued with anyone who disagrees with you . 

12 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Go do some research into what’s being done at the border and tell me that’s normal.

You mean kids being separated from their parents for processing and being held at unsavory facilities ? I don't approve of that . Doesn't make us a supremacist country . 

11 minutes ago, Errant Bard said:

Like every other country, wouldn't you say?

Funny.

10 minutes ago, Relic said:

Have you ever been outside the USA for any real amount of time?

Yep , traveled both Europe and Asia (middle east as well)  and Australia . Spent some time living in Germany , India , Japan and UAE . (not much tho , few months each . ) 

1 hour ago, Vin said:

Yikes.  No, I won't engage in whataboutism.  Mainly because I don't engage in made up words.  What I will say is the left's actions against Trump plainly pales in comparison to what the white supremacist right has been emboldened to enact since Trump has been elected.  And I don't need any videos to prove that, it's undeniable.  Funny thing is, I've been one of the few left that agrees with your point that not all Trump voters are racist.  But you're not making a very convincing argument for why thus far.

3 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Yikes.  No, I won't engage in whataboutism.  Mainly because I don't engage in made up words.  What I will say is the left's actions against Trump plainly pales in comparison to what the white supremacist right has been emboldened to enact since Trump has been elected.  And I don't need any videos to prove that, it's undeniable.  Funny thing is, I've been one of the few left that agrees with your point that not all Trump voters are racist.  But you're not making a very convincing argument for why thus far.

Whataboutism. 

You asked for proof and I provided it . And I never denied the far right being terrible,on the contrary, I openly stated that there are dozens of videos depicting that . I just think polarization and closing lines of dialogue and blanket statements are dumb .

63 million people not being supremacist racists is not something to prove , it's an inevitability of the laws of probability and statistics . Bell curves are cool .

48 minutes ago, Vin said:

Funny.

No, it was a genuine question. I really would like to know what is not normal for you, but I got the feeling you were starting from the universalist humanist view that humans are mostly the same everywhere, in the norm, so, normal.

56 minutes ago, Vin said:

Yep , traveled both Europe and Asia (middle east as well)  and Australia . Spent some time living in Germany , India , Japan and UAE . (not much tho , few months each . ) 

Ok, and in your travels to other developed countries you came away with the impression that life in the USA was pretty much the same as life in those countries?

4 minutes ago, Errant Bard said:

No, it was a genuine question. I really would like to know what is not normal for you, but I got the feeling you were starting from the universalist humanist view that humans are mostly the same everywhere, in the norm, so, normal.

Alright I'll bite , sorry for assuming you weren't being genuine. I should've given you the benefit of the doubt. 

Not sure how to frame this so I'll just state things that I think indicate a country isn't "normal" or doing "well" 

No guaranteed freedom of speech , no guaranteed freedom of the press , no fair elections, no separation of church and state , no equality under the law , no justice system that's based on due process and the presumption of innocence, lawlessness (think cartel run areas in Mexico) ...etc. not sure if this answers your question at all .

7 minutes ago, Relic said:

Ok, and in your travels to other developed countries you came away with the impression that life in the USA was pretty much the same as life in those countries?

Of course it's not identical. Japan was a huge culture shock for me , it really is very different with different values ,it was fascinating  but they still had similar problems with organized crime and some inherent cultural sexism and a massive dose of xenophobia but I don't think it was malevolent for the most part . Saw some fucked up shit in the middle east , Saudi Arabia ( went there for a weekend for a meeting when I lived in the uae ) was like nothing I've ever seen , religious police , men and women basically wearing uniforms of black and white ...etc.  people faced similar problems and other different ones , they had inherent cultural draw backs and other cultural benefits that shaped their society . If anything it showed me how many freedoms and luxuries we have that we take for granted . 

ah, come on, guys. it's only a few nazis. 

nazis are like cancer. you wouldn't write off a small tumor in an otherwise healthy body. you would see it eradicated.

and that is what is needed of this new crop of nazis. they don't get tolerance because their very stance is anything but. 

Archived