U.S. Politics: Would You Like A Warranty With Your Magic Beans?

Jace, Extat

2 minutes ago, Vin said:

Meh , I don't like civil unrest in general .

K.  So you don't like protests.  And despite your protestations, no, the protests you're whining about could not be held solely in parks.  So you need to look inward and accept you're either a sad curmudgeon that doesn't like when people are protesting things you believe in, or you never really believed in those causes to begin with.  I suspect it's the latter.

9 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

K.  So you don't like protests.  And despite your protestations, no, the protests you're whining about could not be held solely in parks.  So you need to look inward and accept you're either a sad curmudgeon that doesn't like when people are protesting things you believe in, or you never really believed in those causes to begin with.  I suspect it's the latter.

Lol sorry I'm not revolutionary enough for you comrade :commie:

You still haven't told me why these protests can't be held in parks ? 

Sure , I'm evil because I wanna go to work/home . Welp, guess I don't pass the the party purity check .

Just now, Vin said:

You still haven't told me why these protests can't be held in parks ? 

Yes, I have, multiple times.  That you're too stupid to get that the protests were too large for that isn't my problem.

2 minutes ago, Vin said:

Sure , I'm evil because I wanna go to work/home . Welp, guess I don't pass the the party purity check .

Seriously, where the fuck do you live?  How many times are these protests obstructing your every day life?  Because there aren't many wholesale protests in the way in which you're referring to.  In other words, your complaints are full of shit.

4 minutes ago, Vin said:

Lol sorry I'm not revolutionary enough for you comrade :commie:

Lol indeed.  Ask most other posters on this thread if they'd ever call me comrade.

1 minute ago, DMBouazizi said:

Yes, I have, multiple times.  That you're too stupid to get that the protests were too large for that isn't my problem.

Seriously, where the fuck do you live?  How many times are these protests obstructing your every day life?  Because there aren't many wholesale protests in the way in which you're referring to.  In other words, your complaints are full of shit.

Lol indeed.  Ask most other posters on this thread if they'd ever call me comrade.

Nope you just said "There have been a number of anti-Trump protests that have been so numerous there's no logistical way they could possibly be held solely in parks.  " . That doesn't really explain anything , it just says there were a bunch of them across the country , it doesn't say why each respective one can't be at a park . We have 10234 parks in the US and they're not tiny gardens and are situated in all states and all major cities too . So unless you're telling me we got protests that are 100k+ going on in a single area then I'm just gonna call BS . 

Now you're just moving the goal posts , the argument is about my objection to the principal of obstructing the peace and why it shouldn't get a pass and should be conducted in a civil manner that doesn't disturb people's lives . 

But if you must know about anecdotal examples , Philly and it happened twice to me .

You're right , I don't know you . That's why I don't make assumptions about people's intentions and backgrounds and call them names but whatever . (The comrade remark was an attempt at humor about you basically saying that i must not believe in the cause because I don't like protests but whatever. I apologize if that causes you offence or made you uncomfortable , wasn't really my intention.)

28 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, Poe's Law is certainly in full effect.

I don't like people blocking roads . Period. Somehow this is a major issue that I should be attacked for :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Followed by:

Try Hard with a Vengence

Live Free or Try Hard

A good Day to Try Hard

Well done.

12 minutes ago, Vin said:

You're right , I don't know you . That's why I don't make assumptions about people's intentions and backgrounds and call them names but whatever . (The comrade remark was an attempt at humor about you basically saying that i must not believe in the cause because I don't like protests but whatever. I apologize if that causes you offence or made you uncomfortable , wasn't really my intention.)

Ha!  Gotta give you credit there.  I don't really care that that you called me comrade, but your persistent complaint about protests continues to lack any merit.  

15 minutes ago, Vin said:

Now you're just moving the goal posts , the argument is about my objection to the principal of obstructing the peace and why it shouldn't get a pass and should be conducted in a civil manner that doesn't disturb people's lives . 

Nope, the goal posts have been consistent throughout - protests are going to "obstruct the peace," at least if they're successful.  That's actually the entire concept of protests to begin with.  What do you think Gandhi was doing with his civil disobedience?  He was obstructing the peace to get as much attention as possible.  And all of the protests against Trump have been entirely peaceful - please cite when they haven't.  That they have led to you reconfiguring your route to work?  Again, either get the fuck over it or admit you don't like what such protests are protesting for.  Personally I don't think any of these protests are going to have much of any effect.  The MCs don't really care, let alone the current president.  But I'm not gonna denigrate the ability to do so - and have participated in many - because I'm not a cantankerous dick.  If you actually oppose Trump, you should be applauding the protests, not whining about them like a two year old. 

35 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Well done.

Ha!  Gotta give you credit there.  I don't really care that that you called me comrade, but your persistent complaint about protests continues to lack any merit.  

Nope, the goal posts have been consistent throughout - protests are going to "obstruct the peace," at least if they're successful.  That's actually the entire concept of protests to begin with.  What do you think Gandhi was doing with his civil disobedience?  He was obstructing the peace to get as much attention as possible.  And all of the protests against Trump have been entirely peaceful - please cite when they haven't.  That they have led to you reconfiguring your route to work?  Again, either get the fuck over it or admit you don't like what such protests are protesting for.  Personally I don't think any of these protests are going to have much of any effect.  The MCs don't really care, let alone the current president.  But I'm not gonna denigrate the ability to do so - and have participated in many - because I'm not a cantankerous dick.  If you actually oppose Trump, you should be applauding the protests, not whining about them like a two year old. 

Dude , my entire stance can be summed up simply as a) I don't like protests in general . B) people protesting is fine but it would be great if they didn't block the road . C) I don't like civil unrest in general and do my protesting in the voting booth as well as campaigning to try to get voters and change people's minds come elections. I really don't understand how that's controversial or bad .

And come on , we've all seen videos of protestors on both sides being violent disruptive assholes (which is not to say that they are representative of the whole ) so no need to pull Vids with shitty inflammatory titles like "patriotic American beats up sjw traitors" or "anti trumppers stop Nazi scum" . Shitty people are a constant of life no matter the venue. Also I never specified any protest at all , I just want them away from me and the road and to be peaceful.

Yep , had to switch my route along with many others and got stuck in traffic for an hour and a half . Missed a meeting .

Good for you on protesting. I support your right to do so . I also uphold my right not to . I agree that it would likely have little to no effect on current policy but I accept the democratic process and so I oppose trump in the elections with my vote , with telling the interns at my work to go vote . I believe this is much more efficient but you're free to disagree .

PS: again I do not see the need for name calling .

29 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh also

Do! Or Do not! There is no Try!

That uh has nothing to do with what you quoted.

Yeah , just wanted to point out that I think it's ridiculous that one cannot say they don't like protests without being compared to creationists .

2 minutes ago, Vin said:

Dude , my entire stance can be summed up simply as a) I don't like protests in general . B) people protesting is fine but it would be great if they didn't block the road . C) I don't like civil unrest in general and do my protesting in the voting booth as well as campaigning to try to get voters and change people's minds come elections. I really don't understand how that's controversial or bad .

And come on , we've all seen videos of protestors on both sides being violent disruptive assholes (which is not to say that they are representative of the whole ) so no need to pull Vids with shitty inflammatory titles like "patriotic American beats up sjw traitors" or "anti trumppers stop Nazi scum" . Shitty people are a constant of life no matter the venue. Also I never specified any protest at all , I just want them away from me and the road and to be peaceful.

Yep , had to switch my route along with many others and got stuck in traffic for an hour and a half . Missed a meeting .

Good for you on protesting. I support your right to do so . I also uphold my right not to . I agree that it would likely have little to no effect on current policy but I accept the democratic process and so I oppose trump in the elections with my vote , with telling the interns at my work to go vote . I believe this is much more efficient but you're free to disagree .

PS: again I do not see the need for name calling .

Yeah , just wanted to point out that I think it's ridiculous that one cannot say they don't like protests without being compared to creationists .

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Where did creationists come up?

7 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Where did creationists come up?

You do know the origin of Poe's law right ?

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I’ll hmm ok let me reboot the brain hete

Ok. Violence on both sides? In what reality? 

This is giving me a weird sense of dejavu.

Touche. 

Come on man/woman/whatever you like , I know it's tempting to paint one's side as faultless angels and the opposition as demons but that's a ridiculous notion that people should reject . REPUBLICANS AREN'T EVIL they're regular people with differing opinions and a different hierarchy of values and priorities. I have republican friends and family members and they're normal people . I truly believe that we need to interact more with them to avoid dumb assumptions and preconceived notions of moral superiority that entitles to shit on them somehow. 

22 minutes ago, Vin said:

The problem is B.  I don't know how else to get this through to you:  Protesting is going to block the road, that's the fucking point of protesting.

25 minutes ago, Vin said:

And come on , we've all seen videos of protestors on both sides being violent disruptive assholes

No, we've seen videos of a couple of dicks beating a neo-nazi at Berkeley compared to a neo-nazi killing a woman at Charlottesville.  That's the definition of a false equivalency.

10 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

:lol:

Your emoji response confirms the suspicion that you can't really think.  Rename yourself Brick.

Archived