What if Lysa Tully birthed her child with Petyr?

Angel Eyes

This is the second “what if” post for Lysa Tully. 

So Lysa got pregnant with Petyr’s child after his duel with Brandon Stark, which her father Hoster Tully forced her to abort, which nearly killed her and caused no end of trouble with Lysa’s ability to bear healthy children and drove her to Littlefinger, along with her protectiveness of Sweetrobin, which led to her poisoning Jon Arryn and the War of the Five Kings. What I’m asking is what if Lysa didn’t drink the moon tea and carried the child to term?

10 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

<snip>

What I’m asking is what if Lysa didn’t drink the moon tea and carried the child to term?

I :wub: your :dunno:.    I really like your avatar.

I gotta say, LF would be a dada and Hoster would be a grand dada.

:grouphug:

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

So Lysa got pregnant with Petyr’s child after his duel with Brandon Stark, which her father Hoster Tully forced her to abort, which nearly killed her and caused no end of trouble with Lysa’s ability to bear healthy children and drove her to Littlefinger, along with her protectiveness of Sweetrobin, which led to her poisoning Jon Arryn and the War of the Five Kings. What I’m asking is what if Lysa didn’t drink the moon tea and carried the child to term?

She'd be shunted off to a Motherhouse somewhere, be a novice Septa, starching linen wimples or whatever. The child would have been taken and fostered out as a bastard to a loyal Tully vassal, and end up probably as a household knight or possibly trundled off to the Citadel at some point (if male), or possibly stuffed into a Motherhouse herself, come the day (if female).  All of the Riverlands would know of Lysa's shame and she will never make a high value match. Possibly Lord Hoster would, after a safe period arrange for her to marry one of his lesser bannermen.  Just like what happened to noble girls in RL who 'disgraced' themselves.

2 hours ago, Daena the Defiant said:

She'd be shunted off to a Motherhouse somewhere, be a novice Septa, starching linen wimples or whatever. The child would have been taken and fostered out as a bastard to a loyal Tully vassal, and end up probably as a household knight or possibly trundled off to the Citadel at some point (if male), or possibly stuffed into a Motherhouse herself, come the day (if female).  All of the Riverlands would know of Lysa's shame and she will never make a high value match. Possibly Lord Hoster would, after a safe period arrange for her to marry one of his lesser bannermen.  Just like what happened to noble girls in RL who 'disgraced' themselves.

Look what Alester Florent did with his niece, Delena (Edric Storm's mother).  Robert deflowered her, the daughter of the 2nd-youngest brother of the Lord of Brightwater Keep.  Since Robert had to acknowledge the child, it came to Alester (not Colin, Delena's father) to sort out her affairs.  Alester married her off to one of his household knights, a younger knight of a minor house in the Reach.  Lysa, if not given to the Faith, would likely have to do the same. 

4 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

the child would have to die soon after birth so the story can continue as written

13 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

What I’m asking is what if Lysa didn’t drink the moon tea and carried the child to term? 

Hoster still strongarms Jon into marriage since Jon needs Hoster now, now, now! Probably with the caveat that the bastard has no rights to the Vale. The bastard will be put away somewhere. I doubt Hoster would murder him/her if allowed to be carried to term. Hoster is not soft but he probably wouldn't risk kinslaying of not urgently necessary.

Lysa would probably get more/older children by Hoster.

Otherwise unchanged because Jon still promotes Littlefinger, Lysa still hates Jon because Jon is still old stinking man with bad breath, Wo5K. The End.

21 hours ago, LindsayLohan said:

Look what Alester Florent did with his niece, Delena (Edric Storm's mother).  Robert deflowered her, the daughter of the 2nd-youngest brother of the Lord of Brightwater Keep.  Since Robert had to acknowledge the child, it came to Alester (not Colin, Delena's father) to sort out her affairs.  Alester married her off to one of his household knights, a younger knight of a minor house in the Reach.  Lysa, if not given to the Faith, would likely have to do the same. 

Yeah, this is all true, but Delena Florent was deflowered and impregnated by the king.  A king who, at the time, was young, handsome, popular and a war hero.  People would likely to be more indulgent of Delena and more protective of the baby. 

Petyr Baelish at that point in the story is a nobody, a lesser bannerman of the Eyrie. Any bastard child of the "Lord of Sheepshit" ("who is Lord Baelish?", they'd ask) on the younger daughter of Hoster Tully is not going to be able to compel that much esteem, nor would Lysa be in much of a position to accrue sympathy and avoid opprobrium.  In fact, I would very much expect that both Lady Catelyn Stark and her brother, the heir to Riverrun would be very much constrained by societal custom and morality to avoid being seen in 'Poor Lysa's' company.  

4 hours ago, Daena the Defiant said:

Yeah, this is all true, but Delena Florent was deflowered and impregnated by the king.  A king who, at the time, was young, handsome, popular and a war hero.  People would likely to be more indulgent of Delena and more protective of the baby. 

Petyr Baelish at that point in the story is a nobody, a lesser bannerman of the Eyrie. Any bastard child of the "Lord of Sheepshit" ("who is Lord Baelish?", they'd ask) on the younger daughter of Hoster Tully is not going to be able to compel that much esteem, nor would Lysa be in much of a position to accrue sympathy and avoid opprobrium.  In fact, I would very much expect that both Lady Catelyn Stark and her brother, the heir to Riverrun would be very much constrained by societal custom and morality to avoid being seen in 'Poor Lysa's' company.  

I wasn't really talking about the child, I was talking about the dispositions of the mother. 

I have no idea what Hoster Tully would do, although since he forced an abortion, it's pretty clear that Lysa's bastard with Petyr, even if *barely* a noble bastard with the Lord of Sheepshit, would not have any future in Riverrun.  However, should that child have come to term, there would have been someone in Hoster's retinue that would have married the girl in order to gain his favor, either older ("Check out dem teenage tittays!") or younger noble of no consequence (household knight).

As it happens, she did get married of to an older guy who needed to curry her father's favor.  I think, had the bastard been born, Arryn would not have consented.  They at least pretended Lysa came to him a maid.

13 minutes ago, LindsayLohan said:

As it happens, she did get married of to an older guy who needed to curry her father's favor.  I think, had the bastard been born, Arryn would not have consented.  They at least pretended Lysa came to him a maid.

Actually, it is implied that her proven fertility was a selling point. Though, after her forced abortion, Lysa's indiscretion was more or less a secret, which would not have been the case had she given birth. Arryn probably wouldn't have accepted a known non virgin. 

Archived