WC2018: which game to watch? (No spoilers!)

3 hours ago, Eusebio da Silva ljkeane said:

Columbia-Japan’s a good game. 

Damn!  Someone already spoiled that result for me.  Are either of the other games a decent watch or is it better to stick with C vs J even if the suspense is ruined?

2 minutes ago, Iskaral Putsch said:

Damn!  Someone already spoiled that result for me.  Are either of the other games a decent watch or is it better to stick with C vs J even if the suspense is ruined?

Senegal Poland was ok. I wouldn't bother with anything more than seeing the goals in the Russia Egypt game.

6 minutes ago, Eusebio da Silva ljkeane said:

Senegal Poland was ok. I wouldn't bother with anything more than seeing the goals in the Russia Egypt game.

Thanks.  Helpful.  Perhaps I should take a night off and bounce back tomorrow. 

If people can keep posting, it is really appreciated.  The games are mostly overnight Australian time, so on weekdays I can usually only catch up on one match.

If we're nominating past matches, apart from the ones mentioned I thought Iceland vs. Argentina was good.  Really gripping through to the end to see what would happen, and a few twists along the way.  Obviously a few days late now on this!  

I think I’ll be skipping all of today’s games.  The novelty and optimism of the opening games is behind us, so a smaller proportion of second games are worth watching.  I have received a spoiler-free assurance that I’m making a decent choice.

France vs Peru tomorrow looks like a good bet instead. 

3 hours ago, el tío de Vale(ncia) said:

France-Peru was probably the most beautiful game today. But I'd encourage everybody wo watch Argentina-Croatia instead as it was far more exciting, although also physical to the point of senseless brutality.

Helpful, thanks.  That leaves me on the fence but it gives me the right information to make a choice.  Nice to hear the AvC game was exciting.  I thought it might have been another dull example of Messi hogging the ball ineffectually while being marked by four players and "aided" by a deeply lackluster entourage.

We're not getting a lot of recs here.  Perhaps I'm one of only a few choosy omnivores; a floating voter in the mainly partisan WC.

17 hours ago, Iskaral Putsch said:

We're not getting a lot of recs here.  Perhaps I'm one of only a few choosy omnivores; a floating voter in the mainly partisan WC.

There’s been a lot of games which haven’t been terrible but haven’t been notably good either. It’s a bit hard to take a definitive position on whether to recommend watching them or not.

Anyway, I’m a bit behind so I’ve only seen the first game but Brazil-Costa Rica was a pretty good game. I’d watch it.

Archived