Sansa and Jeyne Poole, Did I miss something?

zoenerys

I'm currently reading SOS for the first time. I have to admit I've already skipped ahead and read all of Sansa's chapters awhile ago :dunce:

Anyway, my question is, when Sansa and Littlefinger are on the boat together, why does she not ask him about her best friend Jeyne Poole? It's easy to miss but this exchange happens in her POV Sansa IV AGOT

Lord Petyr leaned forward. "I'll find a place for her."
"Not in the city," said the queen.
"Do you take me for a fool?"

After this Jeyne is removed from her room and she never hears from her again. She and LF haven't had much interaction at this point so I would think the last time she saw/spoke with him would be fresh in her memory upon seeing him again. I feel like her not asking after Jeyne could be important in some way. Or just a plot hole.

I'd love to get other people's thoughts! :)

Sansa is not that quick on the uptake, especially following periods of high stress. She forgets about Arya until after writing her letters to Cat, Robb, etc. She ...

Spoiler

… mis-remembers her parting with the Hound. She is utterly oblivious to the fact that she has revealed herself as a total fraud to Miranda Royce.

Recall that on the boat, the first thing she sees is Dontos shot full of quarrels and then set on fire. That's pretty shocking to someone like Sansa and would certainly be enough to drive away any thoughts of a friend whom she has not even thought of in times of calm for the better part of a year. But she's had plenty of time to broach the subject since.

Maybe Jeyne and Sansa will meet again, and it will be the start (or the final straw) of the wool being pulled from her eyes about Littlefinger.

• 10 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 2:53 PM, John Suburbs said:

Sansa is not that quick on the uptake, especially following periods of high stress. She forgets about Arya until after writing her letters to Cat, Robb, etc. She ...

Reveal hidden contents

… mis-remembers her parting with the Hound. She is utterly oblivious to the fact that she has revealed herself as a total fraud to Miranda Royce.

Recall that on the boat, the first thing she sees is Dontos shot full of quarrels and then set on fire. That's pretty shocking to someone like Sansa and would certainly be enough to drive away any thoughts of a friend whom she has not even thought of in times of calm for the better part of a year. But she's had plenty of time to broach the subject since.

Maybe Jeyne and Sansa will meet again, and it will be the start (or the final straw) of the wool being pulled from her eyes about Littlefinger.

I hope they do meet again. 

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 4:53 PM, John Suburbs said:

Hide contents

I basically agree with this. Sansa has always been more sappy than savvy. I say this as someone sympathetic to Sansa. She's not stupid, of course, but she isn't yet all that quick on the uptake either. She's no Arya.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:53 PM, John Suburbs said:

Hide contents

*snip*

Good point.  Littlefinger agreeing to take Jeyne away might be a detail Sansa forgot.,

In this scene, it's seems to indicate that she has forgotten, but it's not totally clear.

If only she had someone to tell her what to do. She missed Septa Mordane, and even more Jeyne Poole, her truest friend. The septa had lost her head with the rest, for the crime of serving House Stark. Sansa did not know what had happened to Jeyne, who had disappeared from her rooms afterward, never to be mentioned again. She tried not to think of them too often, yet sometimes the memories came unbidden, and then it was hard to hold back the tears. 

There's another scene (I can't seem to find it at the moment) where Sansa thinks about asking Baelish something, but (to paraphrase) "Sansa knew Petyr misliked to answer certain questions."  It might indicate that either she has attempted to ask about Jeyne, or that she's a bit too timid to ask.

Pretty sure the scene is in Feast.

Archived