Blackfyre Heritage Reveal Predictions

SirRoyTheTall

I suppose it is impossible to prove it one way or another, unless someone finds the corpse of the actual Aegon, which could might be identified by some artifact, or unless Varys confesses. I can't think of a way to prove he is Aegon. 

There is no reason to dress a Blackfyre as a Targaryen to win the Iron Throne without somehow making it known he is actually a Blackfyre. This would likely only happen after he does win the throne as his ruse as a Targaryen is more useful than outing him as a Blackfyre before allies have been cemented.

Therefore, we may never get the reveal if he doesn't win. Subtle nods and/or private reveals may be all we can hope for.

4 hours ago, The Sleeper said:

I suppose it is impossible to prove it one way or another, unless someone finds the corpse of the actual Aegon, which could might be identified by some artifact, or unless Varys confesses. I can't think of a way to prove he is Aegon. 

Though there's a way to prove, that Young Griff is NOT Aegon.

If Elia's Aegon had some sort of a feature, like a mole or birthmark on certain place (like Bloodraven's birthmark on his face), or he had six toes (like Jaehaerys, son of Aegon II), or eyes of two colors (like Shiera Seastar, one eye was green and the other was blue), or he had a rudimental tail (like one of stillborn babies of previous Targaryens), then someone from Rhaegar's household can identify him.

Also it's likely, that maesters, that serve to royalty, have journals/diaries in which they record state of health of their patients. So after little Aegon was born, his maester recorded how labor was progressing, in what state Elia's health was afterwards, the baby's gender, weight, height, eye and hair color, and other features. So even if years later, that maester has forgotten details about little Aegon's birth, there are still those records.

I think, that maester Marwyn previously served to Targaryens, and he was one of Rhaegar's teachers during his youth, and later was their family doctor at Dragonstone. So he was the one who helped Elia, when she was giving birth to both of the children. And he was one of those maesters, that later told Rhaegar, that Elia won't have children anymore, after she gave birth to Aegon.

So Marwyn will know, whether fAegon is really Aegon, or whether he's an imposter.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:21 PM, FictionIsntReal said:

Aerys explicitly passed over Aegon and designated Viserys to be his heir, and he was crowned after Aerys died.

Aerys was mad and thought his eldest son was rebelling against him, that isn't a norm for the formal and common rules of inheritance. It's always been the eldest brother's sons coming before his younger brother, for example Robert's heirs were Joffrey, Tommen and then Stannis. Besides seeing as Viserys is dead and Aegon's only competition is the aunt he plans on marrying I highly doubt anyone would throw a fuss about the legality of a Mad King's will. 

Stannis was not able to count on the support of all of them after the Battle of Blackwater, as many bent to knee to Joffrey

Fair point, I can see them swapping sides seeing as they're rather fickle about allegiances. 

Aegon has declared himself before Sansa has, so for now the Vale might be on his side

It won't matter they wanted to declare for Robb but Lysa refused so I can see Littlefinger doing the same thing, he'll most likely jump up Sansa's wedding to ensure they'll declare for her though.

he may turn on her offspring in favor of a boy raised in part by a Septa

Yes I can see that happening 

I think, that Tyrells won't fight against fAegon, because they are supporters of Blackfyres.

I think, that Varys is one of Blackfyres, and he arrived to Westeros in 70's to prepare 7K for invasion of Golden Company, and Sixth Rebellion of Blackfyres. First he planned to weaken 7K by civil war between Targaryens, that's why he was trying to clash together Aerys and Rhaegar, and then he was going to make one of Blackfyres new King of 7K. Probably Illyrio's wife Serra was Varys' sister. So Varys planned to make their future child, King or Queen of 7K. But prior they were able to fulfill those plans, Serra died childless, and then happened Robert's Rebellion. Though before all of that, Varys was gathering spies and other people, including highborn lords, that will support Blackfyre Invasion against Targaryens. And amongs those supporters were Tyrells and Redwynes.

There's several hints, that point out to possibility, that Tyrells always had some sort of different agenda:

1. During Robert's Rebellion Baratheon's army fought against troops of Rendyll Tarly at Ashford. Robert was wounded, and then he and his troops escaped to Stepstones. Could be that Mace Tyrell and his troops intentionally arrived to Ashford too late.

2. Furthermore after that, instead of going after Robert's troops, that were weakened by battle, Mace went to Storm's End, where he has spent nearly a year, on totally useless siege. He had biggest army in 7K, and that army did nothing to stop those, that rebelled against King Aerys.

3. When Rhaegar and Aerys died, and Ned Stark arrived to Storm's End, Mace Tyrell capitulated, even without trying to fight. At that time Queen Rhaella was still alive. She and Viserys were still at Dragonstone, not that far from Storm's End. Instead of fighting for remaining Targaryens, Tyrells immediately accepted Robert as their new King, released Stannis, and let him go after Rhaella.

4. There's NO WAY, that Tyrells didn't knew, that Renly Baratheon was gay.

So they knew, that Margaery's marriage with Renly won't be consummated. Thus later, when fAegon will arrive to Westeros, Tyrells will be able to annul Margaery's marriage with Renly, and she will be free to marry with fAegon. Probably Varys promised them, that eventually Margaery will be Queen of 7K, if Tyrell troops will support Golden Company, when they will invade Westeros.

5. Olenna Tyrell conspired with Littlefinger, and poisoned Joffrey. Thus his marriage with Margaery also was not consummated. Then she got married with Tommen, and Tommen is still too young to have sex. Now they are safe to wait, even a few years, until fAegon will arrive to Westeros. Then Tyrells will announce marriage with Tommen as void, and Margaery will be free to marry with fAegon, in exchange of military support from Tyrells to GC.

If Tyrells really were loyal to Targaryens, then after battle at Ashford, Mace would have went after Robert. Robert's troops were weakend by previous battle. So Tyrells fresh army could have captured Robert, even prior his arrival to Stepstones. But instead of doing that, Mace went to Storm's End, where he also didn't really tried to seize the castle. He did nothing.

So my guess, is that Mace and Olenna Tyrell (nee Redwyne), even during Robert's Rebellion, weren't going to support Targaryens, they conspired with Varys, and were waiting for arrival of Blackfyres. And during War of Five Kings they easily changed sides after Renly's death, and helped Littlefinger to get rid of Joffrey, and married Margaery to Tommen, because they are waiting for arrival of fAegon and Golden Company.

10 hours ago, Megorova said:

I think, that maester Marwyn previously served to Targaryens, and he was one of Rhaegar's teachers during his youth, and later was their family doctor at Dragonstone.

If I were Marwyn, I'd be spending my time researching cool magic stuff rather than serving as a family doctor.

5 hours ago, Pikachu101 said:

Aerys was mad and thought his eldest son was rebelling against him, that isn't a norm for the formal and common rules of inheritance. It's always been the eldest brother's sons coming before his younger brother, for example Robert's heirs were Joffrey, Tommen and then Stannis. Besides seeing as Viserys is dead and Aegon's only competition is the aunt he plans on marrying I highly doubt anyone would throw a fuss about the legality of a Mad King's will.

I agree, it was out of the norm, but he still did it and was recognized as king by loyalist forces. If Rhaegar had overthrown his father earlier perhaps he could have regarded as ineligible for the throne due to insanity and many of his decisions overturned. But instead that's more of a rebel point of view.

4 hours ago, Megorova said:

1. During Robert's Rebellion Baratheon's army fought against troops of Rendyll Tarly at Ashford. Robert was wounded, and then he and his troops escaped to Stepstones. Could be that Mace Tyrell and his troops intentionally arrived to Ashford too late.

2. Furthermore after that, instead of going after Robert's troops, that were weakened by battle, Mace went to Storm's End, where he has spent nearly a year, on totally useless siege. He had biggest army in 7K, and that army did nothing to stop those, that rebelled against King Aerys.

3. When Rhaegar and Aerys died, and Ned Stark arrived to Storm's End, Mace Tyrell capitulated, even without trying to fight. At that time Queen Rhaella was still alive. She and Viserys were still at Dragonstone, not that far from Storm's End. Instead of fighting for remaining Targaryens, Tyrells immediately accepted Robert as their new King, released Stannis, and let him go after Rhaella.

4. There's NO WAY, that Tyrells didn't knew, that Renly Baratheon was gay.

So they knew, that Margaery's marriage with Renly won't be consummated. Thus later, when fAegon will arrive to Westeros, Tyrells will be able to annul Margaery's marriage with Renly, and she will be free to marry with fAegon. Probably Varys promised them, that eventually Margaery will be Queen of 7K, if Tyrell troops will support Golden Company, when they will invade Westeros.

5. Olenna Tyrell conspired with Littlefinger, and poisoned Joffrey. Thus his marriage with Margaery also was not consummated. Then she got married with Tommen, and Tommen is still too young to have sex. Now they are safe to wait, even a few years, until fAegon will arrive to Westeros. Then Tyrells will announce marriage with Tommen as void, and Margaery will be free to marry with fAegon, in exchange of military support from Tyrells to GC.

If Tyrells really were loyal to Targaryens, then after battle at Ashford, Mace would have went after Robert. Robert's troops were weakend by previous battle. So Tyrells fresh army could have captured Robert, even prior his arrival to Stepstones. But instead of doing that, Mace went to Storm's End, where he also didn't really tried to seize the castle. He did nothing.

So my guess, is that Mace and Olenna Tyrell (nee Redwyne), even during Robert's Rebellion, weren't going to support Targaryens, they conspired with Varys, and were waiting for arrival of Blackfyres. And during War of Five Kings they easily changed sides after Renly's death, and helped Littlefinger to get rid of Joffrey, and married Margaery to Tommen, because they are waiting for arrival of fAegon and Golden Company.

I think that's mostly explained by Mace being cautious, which has worked out rather well for him. For example, continuing to fight after even Tywin Lannister has changed sides to sack King's Landing puts him in a very difficult situation. If he'd been able to induce Stannis to surrender than he could at least use the younger Baratheons as hostages and his control of Storm's End to extract some concessions, but once Ned came to relieve the siege it just wasn't worth it. I agree that they knew Renly was gay, but likely figured Margaery could still bear some heirs one way or another. They didn't expect that shadowbaby to end things so quickly. Joffrey on the other hand was unable to consummate specifically because of them, and that prevents Margaery from having his heir. The reasoning given is that it was just too risky to have Loras around in the event Joffrey does something awful to Margaery prior to having an heir. I disagree that they're in league with Varys though: he aims to disrupt the alliance with the Tyrells by framing them for Tyrion's escape (and murder of Tywin).

10 hours ago, FictionIsntReal said:

If I were Marwyn, I'd be spending my time researching cool magic stuff rather than serving as a family doctor.

We don't know, when exactly and why Marwyn became interested in magic. My guess, is that it happened years after he became a maester.

I think, that originally he was just some person, that for whatever reasons went to Oldtown, and became an acolyte at Citadel, aspiring to become a maester. Probably he was the kind of person, that wanted to study, to learn new things, to be smart, and explore the world (in scientific way, not like an adventurer). He turned out to be a capable person, with great potential, he quickly rose in ranks, and earned for himself a high position in Citadel. He was one of the best, so eventually he was chosen to become personal doctor for royal family. That's how he joined Targaryen court, and met young Rhaegar. The two of them together, and maester Aemon, in private library of Targaryens discovered works of Daenys the Dreamer, and personal records of Shiera Seastar, from which they found out about the Prophecy. So Rhaegar started to think, that he is the promised Prince, and Marwyn gradually became interested in studying magic. Then happened what happened, Rhaegar died, Marwyn became disheartened, and went to Asshai, either to find Shiera Seastar, or to find out more information about Second Long Night, and possible identity of new Azor Ahai. In Asshai he did found Shiera Seastar, at that time she was using new aliase - Quaithe. She became Marwyn's teacher, and among other things, taught him how to use glass candles.

Obviously, that now Marwyn isn't interested in being just a maester, he's more interested in magic, and the Prophecy, but he wasn't like this before. 

I expect it to be revealed to us the readers, but not the characters in story. There's no way to prove it and as we saw from Joff and Tommen staying in power the Lords don't really buy into claims of illegitimacy just because someone claims it. 

Archived