US Politics: Sit Up Straight and Show Some Respect

Hereward

First would come annexation of Canada because of all the Canadian terrorism against American-speaking residents of Canada. 

Surely the Anschluss with the United KIngdom comes before this?

1 minute ago, Pierre Le Harceleur said:

I don't think so.  Not only do you have the U.S. trying to destroy Canada's economy, but the right wing Italian government is refusing to ratify the EU trade deal that was worked out.  Basically, Russia's coming after Canada - and considering how intertwined our economy is with the US, it's literally a hop skip and a jump into our border. :(

1 hour ago, Pierre Le Harceleur said:

That would skew US politics very leftwards.  That's the last thing Trump would want.

I'm just going to repost this cuz i want to see how the Trump supporters here justify it.

Trump Jan 30 2018 - "But no regime has oppressed its own citizens more totally or brutally than the cruel dictatorship in North Korea."

Trump June 15th 2018 - Salutes North Korean general. Says Kim "loves his people". 

20 minutes ago, Relic said:

I'm just going to repost this cuz i want to see how the Trump supporters here justify it.

Why would they need to? Hypocrisy is only an issue for their opponents; they actively revel in their own side's hypocrisy as they know it infuriates the left.

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Trump Jan 30 2018 - "But no regime has oppressed its own citizens more totally or brutally than the cruel dictatorship in North Korea."

Trump June 15th 2018 - Salutes North Korean general. Says Kim "loves his people". 

You know how this game goes, you can Choose your own adventure by now:

“Don’t pay attention to his words”

”Remember when Obama bowed in traditional greeting to a world leader. This is the same.”

”I sure am enjoying my tax break, don’t know about you.”

”Lulz, libtard tears, triggered much. He is so good a trolling you.”

”I don’t support his authoritarian tendencies or his racism, so those don’t matter and I can support his lies about everything else and remain free from any blame for supporting those unpleasant things.”

1 hour ago, Relic said:

As many of his voters might say he can support some parts of Kim and not others. Because support is so obviously divisable.

1 hour ago, Relic said:

I heard Trump say all this is justified since he is trying to stop us from being nuked. Of course, we were not really in any immediate danger of that before he started tossing around nuke threats.

Watergate prosecutor says Manafort may spend rest of life in prison.

I think this is kinda the campaign operative equivalent of getting a cartel leader.  Sure, ten will rush to take his place, but it's still a moral victory.

26 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Watergate prosecutor says Manafort may spend rest of life in prison.

I think this is kinda the campaign operative equivalent of getting a cartel leader.  Sure, ten will rush to take his place, but it's still a moral victory.

He'll get an immediate pardon.  It is known.

How in the world are we the people still allowing this insane person who humiliates the US every single moment of the day to stay in the White House?  I really don't understand it.  No one else who demonstrated even the smallest percentage of the actions and declarations that this person has would still be in the Oval Office.

Talk about the nation snoozing while all the conditions were put in place -- whatever they are, whether Russia's strategies and financial support to divide us in every possible way and mess with the election process, or social media or anything else.  And of course, anyone who was paying attention and putting out warnings was laughed at as a conspiracy dumb bell.

Nor do I understand how Russia is allowed to host the World Cup when exposed for massively corrupting FIFA.  Really, why would anyone want to watch this fake show of good sporting?

54 minutes ago, Zorral said:

How in the world are we the people still allowing this insane person who humiliates the US every single moment of the day to stay in the White House?  I really don't understand it.  No one else who demonstrated even the smallest percentage of the actions and declarations that this person has would still be in the Oval Office.

Talk about the nation snoozing while all the conditions were put in place -- whatever they are, whether Russia's strategies and financial support to divide us in every possible way and mess with the election process, or social media or anything else.  And of course, anyone who was paying attention and putting out warnings was laughed at as a conspiracy dumb bell.

Nor do I understand how Russia is allowed to host the World Cup when exposed for massively corrupting FIFA.  Really, why would anyone want to watch this fake show of good sporting?

I think it's a combination of the racist/bigot/xenophonic zealots + the apathetic + people who are fine with cutting our country's nose off to spite its face = Trump staying put.

In simpler terms, too many stupid people.

1 hour ago, DMBouazizi said:

Meh I doubt he's worth the political capital.  But obviously who knows.

You have to see it from Trump's point of view. He might do it just to show he can, or because he sees Manafort being in jail as some sort of slight on him or a win for his opponents.

17 minutes ago, La Albearceleste said:

He might do it just to show he can, or because he sees Manafort being in jail as some sort of slight on him or a win for his opponents.

Yup.  That's why I said who knows.  One thing you have to give Trump - it's hard to predict when he's just pushing (and testing) the limits as opposed to when he goes over them.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Actually, given that under all but the most extreme (and completely unproven) scenarios, he has not done anything at all that would warrant an impeachment, pretty much anyone else would still be there. The Founders foresaw that it would be tempting for the opposition to remove a President and made the process of removal rather difficult.

27 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Actually, given that under all but the most extreme (and completely unproven) scenarios, he has not done anything at all that would warrant an impeachment, pretty much anyone else would still be there. The Founders foresaw that it would be tempting for the opposition to remove a President and made the process of removal rather difficult.

:blink:

Archived