US Politics: Sit Up Straight and Show Some Respect

Hereward

40 minutes ago, Fez said:

Also, I'd like to see another outlet source this but the court documents all look like legit filings. If this is true, we really do need some fucking crimes against humanity trials at the end of all this.

Also, this morning one of the public radio programs hosted some local elected representatives who are about to start a tour of what they hope will be eye witness visits to these gulags for minors, toddlers and babies. One of them mentioned that the photos released by the current keptocracy sadists tended to be of teenage boys, with the subliminal message that they were or soon would be gangsters.  But even worse, there are strange reports of many missing teenage girls that nobody has any idea of where they are, or who took them == other than they being separated out in the middle of the night and taken away.

1 hour ago, Fez said:

Of course he doesn't want to address any of this; my point is, people need to keep his feet to the fire. The crisis isn't close to over yet.

The thing is people won’t and the only reason there’s an uproar right now is because we have pictures and audio. Absent that, this story wouldn’t be getting much burn. Look at Ray Rice vs. Greg Hardy. The latter’s crimes were far worse, but we did have footage of him beating his GF on a pile of guns. And because of that he was able to continue playing. Rice, OTOH, immediately got blackballed.

5 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Hey! I’m a Jewish liberal!

Also, I just saw a report that it’s way more expensive to separate and house the kids than it would be to detain the families together. It costs close to three times more per day.

Also also, your Moroccan booty just got kicked by Ronaldo!!!!!!

Yes, I know, but did you know the story of the author of the famous words at the Statue of Liberty? I don’t think a lot of people know she was Jewish.

19 minutes ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

Yes, I know, but did you know the story of the author of the famous words at the Statue of Liberty? I don’t think a lot of people know she was Jewish.

Truthfully I had no idea. Also, I hadn’t heard this in a long time. Seems like an apt time to share it:

It turns out the Sadist-In-Chief and his corrupt, criminal treasonous crew have been sending kids to NYC shelters without telling anyone in NY housing authorities or administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/nyregion/children-separated-border-new-york.html?

In the last two months, 350 children have been sent to one shelter in New York City, according to Mayor Bill de Blasio who spoke in front of the Cayuga Centers’ building in Harlem on Wednesday. Currently, 239 children are at Cayuga, Mr. de Blasio said. The agency serves as a day care center for children and places them in foster care

“How is it possible that none of us knew that there were 239 kids right here in our own city?” asked Mr. de Blasio. “How is the federal government holding back that information from the people of this city and holding back the help these kids could need?”

Mr. de Blasio said the federal government would not tell city officials exactly how many children were sent to New York and where they were being housed. There are nine shelters in the state that have contracts with the federal government to accept the children.

From conversations with officials at Cayuga, Mr. de Blasio said he learned that the youngest child brought to New York was 9 months old. A video captured by NY1 on Tuesday night showed a group of young girls being led in the darkness into the Cayuga shelter. Cayuga has contracts with the city and the state to house children in foster homes. A director for Cayuga, when reached by phone Tuesday, said she was not able to comment because the contract prohibited her from speaking to the news media.

The federal agency that cares for unaccompanied minors — the Office of Refugee Resettlement — did not return several requests for comment on Wednesday.

The children have been separated from their parents at the southern border, as part of the federal government’s zero tolerance policy, in which adults are prosecuted for entering the country illegally, and their children are taken from them and placed into custody separately. More than 2,300 children have been separated from their parents in the last two months.

While democrats dither over whether or not they should try to win elections (that Alabama win means we shouldn’t even contest missippi, wheee losing is the best), and over the computationally pretty algorothmically proper distribution of resources that will enable to lose bigly, republicans are adopting a fifty state strategy and are determined to invest resources and time no matter what it takes (which is how winners approach politics).

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/opinion/christian-right-evangelicals-midterms.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

thats a pretty good story on the vile things the evil doers are up to, and it’s why they’ll crush democrats this upcoming midterm.

OMG!

MELANIE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/melania-trump-urged-her-husband-to-end-the-border-separation-policy/2018/06/20/6345b0fe-749e-11e8-9780-b1dd6a09b549_story.html?utm_term=.6c7c4a736097

Her public persona was critical of the policy but still muted - only it turns out Trump himself has admitted that she swayed him on this. There was still the super creepy way he spoke about his daughter, too, but if literally nothing else comes from the office of First Lady for the rest of forever (which would be kind of preferable, unless it's a divorce), then she has made a profound impact in some way.

It would've been nicer if Trump wasn't race-baiting and using real lives as his tools, of course, but he did, and his wife seems to have stopped it. Wonder how she did it? Threats of leaving him? Mind you, one of his current mistresses is likely to be Mrs Trump 4 anyway.

I wouldn't be fooled about Trump's signing of the EO. There's either a court order or consent decree (can't remember which) stating that juveniles can't be imprisoned or detained for more than 20 days. 

All the EO says is that children will now be detained with their parents. From a technical and legal standpoint, these children weren't being "detained", but their parents were. Once the 20 day mark hits, there will be lawsuits brought, an injunction issued and the policy of separating children from their parents will snap right back in to place.

Josh Marshall explains it here.

And an update: DOJ confirms that the White House knows the EO is illegal.

So basically, this is just a move to give Trump deniability and cover when he says "I told you so. I tried to fix it but the courts are forcing these children to be separated. Democrats! Laws! Argle Bargle! Blah!"

JUST IN: Senior Justice Department official Gene Hamilton confirms the Flores settlement still controls, and that unless Congress or the court acts, the government can only detain families together for "up to 20 days."

3 minutes ago, Yukle said:

OMG!

MELANIE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/melania-trump-urged-her-husband-to-end-the-border-separation-policy/2018/06/20/6345b0fe-749e-11e8-9780-b1dd6a09b549_story.html?utm_term=.6c7c4a736097

Her public persona was critical of the policy but still muted - only it turns out Trump himself has admitted that she swayed him on this. There was still the super creepy way he spoke about his daughter, too, but if literally nothing else comes from the office of First Lady for the rest of forever (which would be kind of preferable, unless it's a divorce), then she has made a profound impact in some way.

It would've been nicer if Trump wasn't race-baiting and using real lives as his tools, of course, but he did, and his wife seems to have stopped it. Wonder how she did it? Threats of leaving him? Mind you, one of his current mistresses is likely to be Mrs Trump 4 anyway.

Are you fucking kidding me with this? Go eat sand.

Fuck Mrs. Trump and fuck anyone who praises her. I can't even finish my poweraide right now, I'm so disappointed at you.

I thought you were cool.

3 hours ago, Fez said:

Also, I'd like to see another outlet source this but the court documents all look like legit filings. If this is true, we really do need some fucking crimes against humanity trials at the end of all this.

I've never heard of the site personally but I am informed by people I consider trustworthy that it's an established investigative journalism group. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Investigative_Reporting

29 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Threatening no more fun time between the sheets?

Oh who am I kidding, that haven't hooked up since the kid was born. Smart move on her part to get a permanent connection to the Trump fortune, if there is any.

25 minutes ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

Are you fucking kidding me with this? Go eat sand.

Fuck Mrs. Trump and fuck anyone who praises her. I can't even finish my poweraide right now, I'm so disappointed at you.

I thought you were cool.

That's overly harsh, Sugarcube.

26 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

And an update: DOJ confirms that the White House knows the EO is illegal.

So basically, this is just a move to give Trump deniability and cover when he says "I told you so. I tried to fix it but the courts are forcing these children to be separated. Democrats! Laws! Argle Bargle! Blah!"

Yeah it was mostly a PR stunt. I doubt he cared at all. Also, while I haven't gotten to read the text of the EO yet, I'm sure it was written in such a way that there are a ton of loopholes to allow what's going on to mostly continue. 

Wow. It may come as no surprise, but Trump is a massive asshole.

“Trump was sitting there with his arms crossed, clearly not liking the fact that they were ganging up on him,” Bremmer said to the news outlet. “He eventually agreed and said OK, he’ll sign it. And at that point, he stood up, put his hand in his pocket, his suit jacket pocket, and he took two Starburst candies out, threw them on the table and said to Merkel, ‘Here, Angela. Don’t say I never give you anything.’ ”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/393311-ian-bremmer-trump-tossed-candy-to-merkel-during-g-7-said-dont?__twitter_impression=true

42 minutes ago, Don Inigima said:

I've never heard of the site personally but I am informed by people I consider trustworthy that it's an established investigative journalism group. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Investigative_Reporting

Can't describe how fucking angry I was when I read about this today. Don't know about the org, but I've seen that they've won some awards-- but, from earlier this month there are court documents to back up the allegations. It kind of jives with some of stuff I've read about people witnessing toddlers just kind of listless and staring. Toddlers. Given psychiatric drugs. Presumably because these children aren't being left in the hands of actual caregivers.  

Guard: Kids are all loud playing and/or crying and my ears, man. This job sucks, yo.  

Management: Oh ffs. Here. Dope 'em up then.

---

Swear to GOD, man. There's not much justice in this world. Often, neither good or bad people get what they deserve. But there's a long list of people that need a full-crank fist in the fucking throat. And if anything bad has happened to the missing girls... I. Can't. Even. 

34 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

That's overly harsh, Sugarcube.

It really isn't. She's complicit in his crimes and this PR stunt is just them playing to her more favorable numbers.

If she had an ounce of self respect she wouldn't have married him.

If she wasn't an enabling piece of human garbage she'd have left him.

Whoring yourself out is a perfectly fine career path as far as I'm concerned. But don't act like she's being classy by wearing clothes her John doesn't like.

10 minutes ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

It really isn't. She's complicit in his crimes and this PR stunt is just them playing to her more favorable numbers.

If she had an ounce of self respect she wouldn't have married him.

If she wasn't an enabling piece of human garbage she'd have left him.

Whoring yourself out is a perfectly fine career path as far as I'm concerned. But don't act like she's being classy by wearing clothes her John doesn't like.

The first part I agree with, and the second. That doesn't mean the actual people affected, especially the broken families, won't be grateful that somebody did something positive for them, even if that somebody is hardly a bastion of virtue.

For the third comment, about her leaving him, that is something that's easier said than done. You can be both complicit in crimes but also a victim within your own family structure. I don't know if this is the case. However, Trump's first wife is on record as saying that rape occurred in their marriage, although she disturbingly later added that she doesn't believe it's rape if it's your husband.

There's a danger, though, in assuming that those in abusive relationships (which I don't know the Trumps have, this is hypothetical) should just leave. This is easier said than done. It's extremely fraught with dangers to leave, especially when there are so many comforts to staying. "I can change... he will get better... he says he loves me... " these are the comments that could run through a woman's head. Trump is an especially vindictive person - I'm 100% certain that if Melania left him, all of her secrets would become public knowledge, and she would know this is a cloud that hangs over her. This is doubly problematic for her given Trump's actual power: what if her family's citizenship is revoked?

What if she is deported? What if Trump invents some excuse to stop her seeing her child again, or she just doesn't want him growing up in a broken home?

As I say, this is hypothetical, she could be every bit the bastard that he is. In instances of "Why doesn't she just leave?" just keep in mind that it's not as simple when it comes to marriage - or a strong relationship of any kind. To say that all women with garbage and/or abusive husbands should leave them (or vice versa) removes all responsibility from the partner who is causing the problems. It says to any victim that it's their fault, which doesn't help matters.

And I stress: I have no idea if Melania falls into that category. Hopefully, she doesn't, in the same way that I hope nobody does. If Trump's marriage isn't abusive and it turns out they're two loving bigots laughing maniacally at making black and brown people sweat for their lives, it wouldn't surprise me.

Yet remember that their kid didn't choose his parents, he may not be best served by having a broken home and his mother might be considering that in all of her actions.

As for needing self-respect, well... lots of women don't, as their husbands have beaten it out of them, emotionally or physically. Something to keep in mind.

Why Tyrants Dehumanize the Powerless

Trump's anti-immigration rhetoric implies that migrants are less than human, invoking modern history's darkest moments.

https://newrepublic.com/article/149232/tyrants-dehumanize-powerless

He is also worried about their “breeding,” a word usually reserved for animal or insect mating: “Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding concept,” he tweeted in April.

Trump did not invent this language from whole cloth. Modern history is full of examples of political regimes that has described certain populations as subhuman—often to justify treating them as such. In the most extreme cases, that rhetoric preceded mass killing.

“One of the common threads of any genocide is its justification. In order to be able to execute it on a mass scale, a lot of people have to buy into it and agree that it’s the appropriate thing to do. And so any any genocide begins with the dehumanization process,” explained William Donohue, a professor of communication at Michigan State University who has studied the function of dehumanizing language in the Rwandan genocide.

Archived