US Politics: Sit Up Straight and Show Some Respect

Hereward

4 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Not at all. It will reappear when Trump starts trying to deport DACA recipients en masse. Jace needs to have more faith!

You want faith? Find a priest.

You want a winning strategy? Find a racist idiot.

Seriously, DACA isn't a winning issue. It was, then the tribes balkanized after the shutdown. Dems need to stop trying to fight tomorrow's war on yesterday's battlefield.

Pentagon Asked to Prepare Housing for Up to 20,000 Migrant Children

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/us/politics/trump-immigration-border-family-separation.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The Pentagon is assessing how — and where — to house as many as 20,000 unaccompanied migrant children on American military bases, a spokesman said on Thursday.

In a Pentagon statement, Lt. Col. Michael Andrews said officials from the Department of Health and Human Services have so far visited three military bases in Texas and one in Arkansas as the Trump administration seeks to provide temporary shelter for unaccompanied children entering the United States.

Colonel Andrews indicated that no decisions have been made. “It doesn’t mean any or all children would be housed there,” he said of the four bases that are being studied.

Melanie is back to being a complete bitch again.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/21/melania-trump-jacket-i-dont-care-child-detention-center-visit-clothes

As if this wasn't deliberate. She normally wears golden cloaks with ivory; the first time she wears something cheap it just so happens to ensure that she doesn't look too "soft."

Hope the complicit buttface is thrown in prison with the crime lord she married.

1 hour ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

It is amazing how many times we have to state This is not an article from The Onion.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/393525-melania-trump-spokeswoman-rips-media-over-jacket-there-was-no

"It's a jacket. There was no hidden message,” first lady communications director Stephanie Grisham said in a statement. “

Trump: "Hold my beer!"

3 minutes ago, Yukle said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/21/melania-trump-jacket-i-dont-care-child-detention-center-visit-clothes

As if this wasn't deliberate. She normally wears golden cloaks with ivory; the first time she wears something cheap it just so happens to ensure that she doesn't look too "soft."

Hope the complicit buttface is thrown in prison with the crime lord she married.

I gotta say, after yesterday it was Yukle 1, Jace 0. Today it's Jace 2, Yukle 0.

:P

1 minute ago, chiKanery et al. said:

I gotta say, after yesterday it was Yukle 1, Jace 0. Today it's Jace 2, Yukle 0.

Jace always wins.

Eventually.

And also immediately.

And also always.

8 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Jace always wins.

Eventually.

And also immediately.

And also always.

That grouch beat me in the FF Championship. She cheated! It was a rigged system!!! She shot Todd Gurley up with roids!!!!!! Everyone is saying it!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of head-to-head polls the past few days I haven't seen on here (albeit I skimmed the last few pages, if I missed anything sorry).  Gravis polled Montana and has Tester up 8 (52-44) against Matt Rosendale and Democratic nominee Kathleen Williams up 6 on Greg Gianforte in the at-large Hosue seat.  Definitely wait for more data on that one (Cook has the House seat at Likely Republican)  - the sample was 469 likely voters.  Gianforte, remember, won the special election about a year ago, getting 50% of the vote even though he was arrested for assault on the eve of the election.

Mason Dixon has Kevin Cramer up on Heitkamp 48-44 for North Dakota Senate, expect that one to go down to the wire.  In the WV-03, insurgent Dem Richard Ojeda is leading Carol Miller 43-41 -- and 47-41 in a historical midterm turnout model (as well as 48-39 in a Dem surge model).  To echo that one, Wasserman just moved the district from likely to lean GOP in Cook's ratings.  Monmouth also has Manchin up 7 (50-43) against Patrick Morrisey.

A poll on the Arizona Senate GOP primary has McSally up 14 over Ward.  The primary isn't til late August, but it's looking pretty clear the GOP isn't gonna make a mistake in that one.  A Marquette poll has Scott Walker up 48-44 against likely Dem nominee Tony Evers in the Wisconsin Gubernatorial race.  Walker is running for his third term, which is tough to do in a swing state.  Plus Tammy Baldwin is running well against both prospective opponents in the same poll (+9 and +11), which conceivably should keep up statewide Dem turnout.

Yah -- having 20,000 children on a military base is going to aid and assist what the military is supposed to do and be -- which doesn't include being caretakers for 20,000 children.  WTF????????  And, um what happened to that ending of separating children from their parents.  O. Yah.  That's what I thought.  They ain't stopping, not one frackin ' bit.  Effing nazi sadist insane killers and pillagers, feeding off the misery of others.  Milania is one of them.  Listening to her talk about immigrants in her immigrant inflected English just screams hypocrisy, collusion and cooperation.

The Supreme Court has ruled the e-commerce can no longer skirt state sales taxes. Trump gloated because he probably thinks it hurts Amazon, but experts say it will hurt Amazon less than other major e-commerce sites:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/21/why-amazon-wins-with-supreme-court-sales-tax-ruling.html

The Dow Jones Industrial Average has closed in the red for eight straight days. If it does so again tomorrow, it will be the first time in over forty years that the market took a loss for nine straight days.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trade-concerns-could-give-the-dow-its-longest-losing-streak-since-the-70s-2018-06-21

Question: Because the language is vague, do we know if the children who have already been separated from their parents or guardians will be reunited with them? 

3 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Trump: "Hold my beer!"

It is not a tone deaf message on the way to visit children put into a horrible situation by a Heartless policy by her husband and White Nationalist advisor to show it is a photo-op.

It is a tone deaf and petty message because the media reported on the horrible situtation children are in due to a horrible policy of her Husband and White Nationalist advisor on a way to a photo-op.

#BeBest

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

The word you are looking for is feckless cunt.

2 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

2 hours ago, Yukle said:

Jace always wins.

Eventually.

And also immediately.

And also always.

Resistance is futile. 

6 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Who really doesn't care.  So be best!

Best what though? Nazi trolls it seems.

Jeff Sessions Now Says the Administration “Never Really Intended” to Separate Families. Liar Liar Liar!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/jeff-sessions-family-separation-never-really-intended.html

Attorney general Jeff Sessions tried to do some cleanup on the administration’s unpopular and maybe-disavowed family separation policy in a Thursday interview with Christian broadcaster CBN. Here’s one of the things he said:

It hasn’t been good and the American people don’t like the idea that we are separating families. We never really intended to do that. What we intended was to make sure that adults who bring children into the country are charged with the crime that they have committed

2 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Question: Because the language is vague, do we know if the children who have already been separated from their parents or guardians will be reunited with them? 

Literally, no one knows. Once you separate the child from the parents and put the parents into the system (and the child into the unaccompanied minor system) there is massive chaos - and that's even in the best circumstance. They have no built-in way of tracking what child goes with what guardians right now, nor can they find out where said guardians are or reunite them easily. 

The former head of ICE under Obama mentioned that hundreds of these kids will likely not meet their parents again until after they are 18. 

3 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Best what though? Nazi trolls it seems.

Jeff Sessions Now Says the Administration “Never Really Intended” to Separate Families. Liar Liar Liar!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/jeff-sessions-family-separation-never-really-intended.html

Melanie is being best at being a trophy wife for an asshole. So nice of her to visit the children with the message that she doesn't really give af displayed loud and clear.

And yes, that was an egregious lie by the pious bible thumping Sessions.   Be best. 

Archived