Stannis supporters who converted to R'hllor

Paxter Redwyne

I was wondering which lords who supported Stannis have converted to R'hllor. Are there any lords except Alester Florent, Lord Sweet and Harwood Fell who are confirmed to follow Red God? It seems that most supporters of Stannis who believe in R'hllor are just landless knights.

10 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

A lot of those knights had land, they just lost them after Blackwater. Godry Farring, Justin Massey and Richard Horpe all belong to landed knightly houses so we can assume they have some kind of social standing.

I would be nice if we knew how for example how Justin Massey is related to the main branch of the Masseys. If he was for example heir of lord Massey, it would make more sense why Stannis still uses him. He doesn't seem to have very high opinion about him.

4 hours ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I would be nice if we knew how for example how Justin Massey is related to the main branch of the Masseys. If he was for example heir of lord Massey, it would make more sense why Stannis still uses him. He doesn't seem to have very high opinion about him.

Stannis needs all the help he can get. Plus it was Massey who convinced him to pull back and fight another day when the Blackwater battle turned against Stannis.

I really don't get the idea, in universe and on the forum, of Stannis's supporters losing land in the South.  They are all still fighting for Stannis as King of The SEVEN Kingdoms, right?  So, that would imply that their King should be able to get them back their lands in the South after the war.  It'd be different if the discussions were on knights that never had lands looking for ways to obtain land in the North or elsewhere from their original birth places.  If their King is to be King then no one should need to replace lost land in the long run. 

3 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I really don't get the idea, in universe and on the forum, of Stannis's supporters losing land in the South.  They are all still fighting for Stannis as King of The SEVEN Kingdoms, right?  So, that would imply that their King should be able to get them back their lands in the South after the war.  It'd be different if the discussions were on knights that never had lands looking for ways to obtain land in the North or elsewhere from their original birth places.  If their King is to be King then no one should need to replace lost land in the long run. 

Here’s the thing. A knight like Ser Patrek of King’s Mountain might have some minor estates to get back when/if the war is won by Stannis, but they also have lands to gain from their loyalty. There’s a longstanding tradition in the history of Westeros to take lands away from their enemies and giving it to their allies instead (unless the enemy lords sue for peace or are powerful enough to be necessary in taking power). Stannis’ followers lost their lands wholesale in the aftermath of the Blackwater, and many turned cloak to the Iron Throne or else got executed/sent to the Wall. Stannis is completely outnumbered and isolated. This means siding with Stannis is a fool’s gamble, but if he wins, such a display of loyalty will demand a serious reward. Maybe a lordship? A wildling princess for a bride?

5 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

They don't control their lands anymore, the ruling power can seize them and give them to whomever they like and after the Blackwater they're kind of just there, with nowhere else to go. I doubt a lot of them believe Stannis will ever gain the Iron Throne and their own lands but they may gain something as long as they stay in his service. Stannis is no more the ruling King of Westeros than Dany is the ruling queen and similarly these supporters now rule their lands in name only, he is self proclaimed and recognised by very few with little power at the far edge of the continent. When they say they've lost their lands that's exactly what they mean, whether they have a chance of regaining them or not at that moment they are basically landless exiles. 

Archived