Match Day 4: Costa Rica v Serbia; Germany v Mexico; Brazil v Switzerland

2 hours ago, a german shadow said:

We encourage those who will be trying to play us today to not do so horribly, as having persistent second-hand embarrassment on account of our challengers is a bit tiresome.

It is wise to take our advise.

Sane's directness would not have been especially useful there. I can't quite think of a game like that where almost all of Germany's players individually played decently, but were such a mess as a collective.

I was pretty pleasantly surprised to see the Serbian starting lineup earlier today.

It was the first time I saw SMS play and he did pretty good, despite not scoring a goal. His movement was pretty good, he was good in the air, he hit that bicycle kick spot on, had some great passes... It now makes sense why these insane amounts are being thrown around his transfer.

Milenkovic did well, too. That one time he was a step too short of setting the offside trap and was couple of steps behind his man but he made up for that in a heartbeat.

All in all, it wasn't a stellar performance but it was good enough and I for once finally enjoyed watching my national team* play in the World Cup.

*my OTHER national team, obviously.

38 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Knowing that Germany outplayed them makes this loss hirt more.

Same issue the Netherlands had a decade or two ago, lots of possession no way to use it.

2 hours ago, Marko Antonivic said:

Man I really hope Man United don’t buy SMS. Guy has all the tools to be one of the best midfielders in the world. 

Doubtful. Di Marzio reported that both United and Juve have been put off by the transfer fee which is thought to be well in excess of 100 million. Lazio president also claims that he rejected a 100 million bid (from an unnamed club) for Milinkovic-Savic last August. After his performance today, the price ain't coming down.

Archived