Match Day 5: Sweden v South Korea; Belgium v Panama; Tunisia v Engerland

Well, one scintillating shot on goal in the first half, from a position it would be difficult to miss. But the Korean keeper, rather uncharitably, didn’t politely step aside and allow the ball through to the net. 

It’s weird the way he’s actually kicked it. Normally to get the ball to arc round/over the keeper you see players slicing across the ball but Mertens has just toe poked it. It worked out ok I suppose.

Other than the goal Belgium haven’t been great.

Like other favourites, Belgium didn’t look great against a team that sat back. The slow, lethargic passing and moving didn’t help Belgium - they never really seemed to find their flow. But a moment of magic from Mertens, a brilliant assist from De Bruyne for Lukaku and a swift counter attack for the third sees them out with a decent scoreline.

Sadly, the Panama = Belgium match occurred during my commute so I missed it.  But it seems like it was not pretty and following the feeds it sounds like the many yellow cards were justified.  A truly wretched performance.

37 minutes ago, Jordan La Cabra said:

Like other favourites, Belgium didn’t look great against a team that sat back. The slow, lethargic passing and moving didn’t help Belgium - they never really seemed to find their flow. But a moment of magic from Mertens, a brilliant assist from De Bruyne for Lukaku and a swift counter attack for the third sees them out with a decent scoreline.

The last one was really nice (and was the only one I actually saw live).  

I am very happy with the :devil::devil::devil::P

The analyse on the Flemish television was a lot of criticizing... In the end one of them said: "Come on, guys, we won. We have to be a little positive." 

The happiest person will be Martinez ... he will not be lynched tonight because he decided to leave Radja in Belgium.  

4 minutes ago, Jordan La Cabra said:

Contender for save of the tournament from the Tunisia ‘keeper from Stones’ header, before Kane rebounded the ball into the net.

You jinxed it...

Eta: :P

Archived