Westworld VIII: Forging On

Fragile Bird

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Season 3 trailer.

Quite interesting. I watched it ahead of the GoT episode, and I kinda had a feeling this was Westworld. While the story was convoluted in season 2, seeing the how the real world looks in this future will, hopefully, be compelling.

I don't think I'd have been returning if they were still in Westworld but this potential shift in focus is far more compelling. However, if it turns out this is just another park and that "jesse" may be a host then I'm most likely done. I want a season more interested in the world and characters than the intrigue and confusion about what's going on when/where and who that was pretty much all of season 2.

So, yeah, the trailer did the job for me. Also looking foward to seeing the actor in a leading role again.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

First - Fuck yeah Jesse Pinkman, Fuck yeah science!  It is a very weird trailer though, I'm not sure any of the characters we know are in it.  Was that Evan Rachel Wood at the end?  Honestly couldn't tell.  Would make sense if it was but I'm not gonna assume.  Seems as if Nolan is kinda rebooting it for the futuristic shit.  Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the three that escaped - Dolores, Bernard, and..man I thought there was a third.  Isn't there -- or maybe there's not?  Regardless I still wanna know what the fuck's going on with Maeve, who's still in there, so..hm.

Yes, it was.

7 hours ago, DMC said:

First - Fuck yeah Jesse Pinkman, Fuck yeah science!  It is a very weird trailer though, I'm not sure any of the characters we know are in it.  Was that Evan Rachel Wood at the end?  Honestly couldn't tell.  Would make sense if it was but I'm not gonna assume.  Seems as if Nolan is kinda rebooting it for the futuristic shit.  Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the three that escaped - Dolores, Bernard, and..man I thought there was a third.  Isn't there -- or maybe there's not?  Regardless I still wanna know what the fuck's going on with Maeve, who's still in there, so..hm.

It was Bernold, Dolores-as-Tessa-Thompson and some unidentified spheres. Iirc there was an unidentified host in the background when Bernold woke up?

i’m on board for this. Fully expect Maeve back, and honestly i can’t wait for that

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It was Bernold, Dolores-as-Tessa-Thompson and some unidentified spheres. Iirc there was an unidentified host in the background when Bernold woke up?

Thanks, pretty sure I'm thinking of that unidentied host.  Which I guess makes sense.  If memory serves, didn't we see Dolores-Tessa abscond with a bunch of robot brains?

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Thanks, pretty sure I'm thinking of that unidentied host.  Which I guess makes sense.  If memory serves, didn't we see Dolores-Tessa abscond with a bunch of robot brains?

Thats what i meant with unidentified spheres, yes.

Oh, and also i guess we need to remember The Other Hemsworth being a host, which i almost forgot

Anyone else notice the mood t-shirt the one guy was wearing in the trailer.  "Bored" was lit up when they are waiting for the explosion , then changed to "Amused" right after.  Then later "Angry" is lit up when he is punching another guy.

4 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Wasn’t even sure if I would watch s3. I think s2 was a convoluted mess and wouldn’t bring myself to ever watch it again but that trailer has renewed my interest and I will definitely give it a shot

Hopefully there will be a linear "WTF happened in season 2" primer, or perhaps even better we won't need to have a full understanding of season 2 to watch 3. Just reading some of the comments here today has me realising how little of season 2 i was able to follow/remember.

I was only half paying attention to the trailer waiting for GOT and saw Aaron Paul, got my interest. Then saw it was West World. If it is another park I will be done I think, if it is truly the outside world then I am in.

• 1 month later...

They are doing a great job of making me forget about season 2 let downs by making it look like season 3 is very much about forging on. I'm particularly stoked at the suggestion that all robots are starting to rebel/achieve sentience and not just the hosts. I also hope Aaron Paul will bring the much needed extra dimension of "what about regular income folk being displaced by robots". Until now we've only really seen the super rich as the negative face of hunanity. Aaron Paul's character might show a faction that might initially hate robots but eventually side with them once they realise they have a common oppressor.

And Nazi world for good measure. Each trailer has me more excited.

That trailer was quite good. The teaser trailer from earlier this year with Aaron Paul didn't do much for me, but seeing Maeve in WWII-World(?) has me excited. I liked her trip through Samurai World and would like to see more of her travels, perhaps uniting the theme parks as its omnipotent ruler.

Season 2 was by no means 'bad' it was more annoying with what felt like hours of Bernarnold being dazed and confused, and some poorly executed plot twists, but there was a lot of that was great also.  The stand alone episodes.  James Delos.   

I read they abandoned their multiple timelines for season 3, I don't know, that might be an over correction, but I will definitely be watching. 

25 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Season 2 was by no means 'bad' it was more annoying with what felt like hours of Bernarnold being dazed and confused, and some poorly executed plot twists, but there was a lot of that was great also.  The stand alone episodes.  James Delos.   

I agree with this... S2 was still very good, it's biggest sin was that S1 was spectacular.... I think ultimately, this biggest problem this show has is that it comes out every two years... it's so out of my thoughts, that by the time it airs I have to wiki what the hell went on, and try to remember as I'm watching...  

Archived