Westworld VIII: Forging On

Fragile Bird

It is a good trailer in terms of, like, looking interesting in plot and stuff, but in terms of what's happening in that having a connection to where we left the last season, it almost might as well be a random collection of images.

That isn't necessarily indicative of the quality of the show itself of course, given these guys never like to give much away. But it needs to be more focused than season 2.

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Well that has convinced me to finish season 2. I’ll force myself, I think it will be worth it

Definitely finish it, I thought the season overall was much weaker, but still had some great elements and the last episode was very good.

55 minutes ago, Ran said:

That's an incredibly cinematic trailer, and they're using some really cool locations in Spain (like Ricardo Bofill's La Fábrica) for some of the shots that just look amazing.

I thought that scene reminded me of GOT, wonder if that's why?

Nice Guns N Roses song playing over the trailer.

Hopefully this season will deliver a nice payoff.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Well I could watch that trailer all day on a loop.  I'm ready to marry Maeve at this point in my life.

The correct answer. Bonus points for looking like Tessa Thompson will get more screentime.

And of course the music for this is perfect once again

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The correct answer. Bonus points for looking like Tessa Thompson will get more screentime.

And of course the music for this is perfect once again

Was talking to my brother about the "Sweet Child of Mine" instrumental/piano thing.  We both loved it and without prompting mentioned it to each other.  But, I'm trying to think, haven't they already done that?  Like, wasn't that in a previous episode?  Or am I wrong?

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Was talking to my brother about the "Sweet Child of Mine" instrumental/piano thing.  We both loved it and without prompting mentioned it to each other.  But, I'm trying to think, haven't they already done that?  Like, wasn't that in a previous episode?  Or am I wrong?

Don’t think we have had any Guns’n’Roses covers yet. Certainly not that i remember anyway, and i listen to the soundtracks most days er, sometimes

11 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Don’t think we have had any Guns’n’Roses covers yet. Certainly not that i remember anyway, and i listen to the soundtracks most days er, sometimes

Thanks and haha emoji.

46 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Nice to see Vincent Cassel in something again. I feel like I haven’t seen him in anything in years.

I need to read a recap of S2. I forgot who is alive/dead and a robot/human now.

The people in the trailer are alive. Everyone else is dead. :P 

I liked season 2 well enough, but have no intention of revisiting it.  

8 hours ago, Corvinus said:

The people in the trailer are alive. Everyone else is dead. :P 

I liked season 2 well enough, but have no intention of revisiting it.  

Thats not actually true ;) Charlotte is dead.

Also the other Hemsworth lives, somewhere

7 minutes ago, john said:

“Five of us against a whole world of them ...” Dolores, Hale (whoever that is), Bernard, Stubbs and Aaron Paul? Or Maeve maybe.

Actually it's probably the brain cores she secretly took with her when she left Westworld. 

On 2/21/2020 at 2:13 PM, john said:

“Five of us against a whole world of them ...” Dolores, Hale (whoever that is), Bernard, Stubbs and Aaron Paul? Or Maeve maybe.

Clearly not Maeve, she is set up as an antagonist to Dolores in the trailer

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Clearly not Maeve, she is set up as an antagonist to Dolores in the trailer

Mm, maybe not, although they could still be referring to her as one of the hosts out in the real world. Aaron Paul seems to not be a host so he doesn’t really fit either.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:21 PM, Corvinus said:

Actually it's probably the brain cores she secretly took with her when she left Westworld. 

You mean the five refers to five brain cores? Could be.

Archived