Westworld VIII: Forging On

Fragile Bird

4 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Everyone's favorite screenplay writing duo will have cameos as Delos technicians.

https://www.thewrap.com/westworld-game-of-thrones-cameo-david-benioff-dan-weiss-season-3-delos-technicians/

Any bets on whether or not their characters will suffer gruesome deaths?

This makes me... I want to be clear. The barest flicker of reaction. I don't think I even blinked. This wont impact my day at all. However. That being said. 

This makes me... unreasonably angry.

51 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

I'm looking forward to S3.

10 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Everyone's favorite screenplay writing duo will have cameos as Delos technicians.

https://www.thewrap.com/westworld-game-of-thrones-cameo-david-benioff-dan-weiss-season-3-delos-technicians/

Any bets on whether or not their characters will suffer gruesome deaths?

I'm no longer looking forward to S3.

1 hour ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

They're going to be playing Delos technicians, and given the track record of such characters I do indeed expect them to die horribly. But yeah, I'd prefer to just not see their smug faces at all. 

59 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Ugh.  Why, just why?  I guess if they play smug assholes who die it might be something I can stomach.  But, it seems a dumb stunt and something I would have expected WW would not be interested in.

It's mildly baffling. One has to go Occam's and assume they have friends at HBO and presumably among the specific producers of WestWorld.

But I honestly expect more of the Nolans. This has lost them a deal of face in my estimation. And yes, that goes for Christopher and Emma Thompson as well. There's too much shame for one man to bear in this decision.

49 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

It's mildly baffling. One has to go Occam's and assume they have friends at HBO and presumably among the specific producers of WestWorld.

But I honestly expect more of the Nolans. This has lost them a deal of face in my estimation. And yes, that goes for Christopher and Emma Thompson as well. There's too much shame for one man to bear in this decision.

All that world building, puzzle box plots, attention to detail, philosophical themes..... and then they give those two asshats a cameo to take everyone totally out of the show. Shame. Shame. Shame. is right.

My god, get a grip people. So two guys are making a cameo in a show, big whoop. I'm no fan of them either but man, talk about an overreaction. Anyone would think the Nolan's just gutted a baby on livestream

33 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

My god, get a grip people. So two guys are making a cameo in a show, big whoop. I'm no fan of them either but man, talk about an overreaction. Anyone would think the Nolan's just gutted a baby on livestream

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SYMBOLOGY

3 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

This makes me... I want to be clear. The barest flicker of reaction. I don't think I even blinked. This wont impact my day at all. However. That being said. 

This makes me... unreasonably angry.

BUT WE GET A BEASTMODE CAMEO!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

BUT WE GET A BEASTMODE CAMEO!!!!!

I'm kind of over cameos for people who aren't... artists. 

Peter Jackson in the LoTR movies? Unobtrusive and deserved. But apparently Aaron Rodgers was in that fucking travesty they called Game of Thrones and I'm just over it.

I also hate Christmas and smiles, though. So, y'know. It's me. :smoking:

25 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm kind of over cameos for people who aren't... artists. 

Peter Jackson in the LoTR movies? Unobtrusive and deserved. But apparently Aaron Rodgers was in that fucking travesty they called Game of Thrones and I'm just over it.

I also hate Christmas and smiles, though. So, y'know. It's me. :smoking:

How dare you not consider this artistry:

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

How dare you not consider this artistry:

Collaborative piece. You wouldn't even remember Marshawn if not for the 15 Saints he put on the ground there. No love for the little people huh?

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Blow it out your ass.

Seriouslynotsoseriously.

As long as they aren't getting paid for the cameo i don't care and even then it wouldn't stop me watching. 

I'm far more concerned about whether they can course correct from season 2 or it might be they are in good company.

Think of the cameo as meaning it's time they aren't spending making another show.

99.997% of viewers wouldn't even know who they are anyway and if this wasn't talked about ahead of time most people here wouldn't even know. Both teams have been at HBO for years together on very successful projects, one 10x more so than the other so why is it a surprise that they know each other and decided to do this? Hell I knew Rodgers was in GOT and still don't remember seeing his smug face.

17 hours ago, Corvinus said:

What annoys me the most is that I will undoubtedly be taken out of the respective episode the moment I notice their faces.

This is why I don't like jarring, out-of-place cameos in general. It's like that damn Wilhelm Scream. Every time I hear that in a movie I'm suddenly like "oh right, this is just a movie someone made, complete with an overused inside joke." 

Archived