NBA Free agency 2018: Where's the King landing?

Red Tiger

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Ask and ye shall receive 

Smart pick by Denver. Might be the steal of the draft. I think the Mavs won this one, thus far, but depends on the protections of that pick they dealt

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

Depends on what the protections are on that pick, but the Mavs should still be pretty bad next year unless Doncic just comes in and is a star from day 1. They have no shot at making the playoffs.

I think they are terrible even with Doncic.  Don’t think the pick will convey

7 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I think they are terrible even with Doncic.  Don’t think the pick will convey

Well eventually it has to, and even with Doncic I don't see them being good for awhile, especially in the West.

So the Sixers trading Mikal Bridges for Zhaire Smith and a future first after Bridge's mother was insanely excited and works for the Sixers is the ultimate dick move.  Pretty sure Colangelo is still calling the shots.

A poster on a UK message board nailed it earlier tonight 

Chauncey’s comps are lame.

He just settled on the tired "guy who went to the same college back in the day" cliche. If he makes a cross-racial comp tonight I’ll eat my hat.

Sure enough... he breaks out the well known Grayson Allen-Bob Sura comparison.  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, sperry said:

Wow, Celtics are getting Robert Williams. Ridiculous.

He is another stellar example of why you don’t come back to school if projected in the lottery.  Really no examples out there in the last 15 years of guys raising their draft stock by sticking around at that point.

Shit, the Pacers took Aaron Holiday. I actually know who he is. Maybe the Jace can get back into the game? It's possible. And with Lance back... oh man. Is? Is that the basketball bitch coming out in me? I feel the great urge to find my ball and hobble to the gym.

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

He is another stellar example of why you don’t come back to school if projected in the lottery.  Really no examples out there in the last 15 years of guys raising their draft stock by sticking around at that point.

Blake Griffin. But yeah, generally you should leave, especially if you're lazy like Williams allegedly is.

7 minutes ago, Jace, The Sugarcube said:

Shit, the Pacers took Aaron Holiday. I actually know who he is. Maybe the Jace can get back into the game? It's possible. And with Lance back... oh man. Is? Is that the basketball bitch coming out in me? I feel the great urge to find my ball and hobble to the gym.

I can already see a sequel to the Uncle Drew movie in the works.

Archived