NBA Free agency 2018: Where's the King landing?

Red Tiger

Just now, chiKanery et al. said:

As of right now, from my rankings, the top eight players are all in the West, nine of the top ten are in the West and thirteen of the top fifteen are in the West. If there’s ever been a time to do away with conference seeding for the playoffs, it’s now.   

Agree.

3 hours ago, Esmenet said:

But, they'll probably ship out all that young talent for Leonard and have a very short bench. Kuzma would be off the table if I'm the Lakers brain trust...

Of course they will.  It’s the Love move all over again.

6 hours ago, Esmenet said:

Maybe a 2nd round exit, maybe not. But, again, wouldnt you keep all that young talent and wait a year for Kawhi? I think Kuzma will flourish with LeBron and will be more productive scoring than Love was. They will be better defensively than the Cavs he drug to the Finals. But, they'll probably ship out all that young talent for Leonard and have a very short bench. Kuzma would be off the table if I'm the Lakers brain trust...

They tried doing that with Paul George and it backfired big time.  

Windy dropped a bomb today (actually, it might have been Woj...just read the recap, didn't listen).  Said the Cavs would have offered an unprotected future first for Paul George, which would have been enough to beat out OKC's offer, had LeBron just committed to two more years with the team.  Paul George was totally willing to commit to re-signing with the Cavs if LeBron was there.

Pretty clear LeBron knew he was leaving last summer, which makes his mid-season pouting and intentionally throwing games to get the Cavs to make some moves that weren't going to sway him anyway all the more obnoxious.  

But at any rate, now we know with a bit more certainty why the Cavs hedged and kept that Brooklyn pick.  After the George thing, they were pretty sure he had a foot out the door, and they were absolutely right.

Just a shame the Lakers can collude the way they do and get away with it.

33 minutes ago, Relic said:

Rondo to the Lakers. Weeeeeird

Agreed. If Simmons and Ball were seen as bad fits for LeBron, why is Rondo any different, other than that he's a vet? 

They also relinquished their rights to Randle. Not surprising, but he still had value in a trade. I take that to mean the Spurs weren't interested in him. 

Guess they want someone to show Lonzo Ball the ropes, must mean they still think Ball will be a star ( seriously doubt that myself). And I don't care for Rondo either.

Seems like the Lakers are signing all these short term deals for rotation players since LeBron signed, wonder if that means they are passing up on Kahwi, in which case I agree you're wasting another year of LeBron's prime, and possibly his final one. I would ot wait another year if I were them.

I get why keeping the youngsters and seeing how they develop is an intriguing idea. It's just that they'd be better now by trading for Kahwi.

10 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Guess they want someone to show Lonzo Ball the ropes, must mean they still think Ball will be a star ( seriously doubt that myself). And I don't care for Rondo either.

Seems like the Lakers are signing all these short term deals for rotation players since LeBron signed, wonder if that means they are passing up on Kahwi, in which case I agree you're wasting another year of LeBron's prime, and possibly his final one. I would ot wait another year if I were them.

I get why keeping the youngsters and seeing how they develop is an intriguing idea. It's just that they'd be better now by trading for Kahwi.

Main question with this Lakers team is the utter lack of shooting.  LeBron is the best shooter on that team by a fucking mile, but he'll have the ball in his hands 90% of the time after a couple of weeks when he bucks Walton's system and starts playing LeBron ball.

The Lakers are signing short term deals because they are smart. They're maximizing their cap space for next year. 

As for Ball, he can be a star in the NBA if he ever learns to shoot. He can already do everything else. Right now he's just a bigger Ricky Rubio without the moxie. 

Just now, chiKanery et al. said:

The Lakers are signing short term deals because they are smart. They're maximizing their cap space for next year. 

As for Ball, he can be a star in the NBA if he ever learns to shoot. He can already do everything else. Right now he's just a bigger Ricky Rubio without the moxie. 

I mean, I get why they're doing it, but that team is going to be a mess this year.

Well, I am officially glad LeBron left now.  Had he stayed, they would have traded all their assets to win now only for fucking Boogie to just sign with the Warriors.  Fuck that.  Would prefer to ride this bullshit out and build in the draft than have LeBron spend half the season pouting to force trades only to lose to the Warriors regardless. 

4 hours ago, Relic said:

Boogie to the Warriors sounds like a great way to end a dynasty. Hopefully he spits that locker room apart. 

Not happening. Unless Magic succeeds in somehow getting Kawhi and a solid starting big man, GS is winning yet again.

:stunned: 

And he will be fine there.  He has not been in a winning situation until he got to New Orleans.  I don’t think we should ever judge someone’s career solely on being forced to play for the Sacramento Queens.

He was a model citizen at Kentucky.  He loved his teammates there and respected Calipari.  I think the situation will be the same at GS.

7 hours ago, Relic said:

Boogie to the Warriors sounds like a great way to end a dynasty. Hopefully he spits that locker room apart. 

It ends after next season anyways. They're out of cap space and have to resign a lot of guys, plus there are a ton of rumors that Durant is leaving, especially if they win another title. 

Archived