NBA Free agency 2018: Where's the King landing?

Red Tiger

2 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

I wish Relic would just switch to a team that doesn't crap as much on it's fans as the Knicks do.

The defecation is mutual though.  Knicks fans at the NBA draft are now like Eagles fans at the NFL.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

The defecation is mutual though.  Knicks fans at the NBA draft are now like Eagles fans at the NFL.

I don't blame them, though. Eagles fans are always assholes, even when things are looking up, but the Knicks have been a mess for 20 years now.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:55 PM, DanteGabriel said:

Maybe stockpiling another pick to flip for Kawhi?

Sounds like this is the case. Didn't realize the pick they got was the unprotected Miami pick the Suns had from the Goran Dragic trade all those years ago. Considering how impossible it is to get unprotected picks these days, that's a really valuable asset. Philly already had the pieces to make a very strong Kawhi offer. Now even moreso.

Only question is how interested Pop would be in a 2021 draft pick. He'll probably be retired by then. Though considering the man is the Spurs I could see him wanting to acquire the pieces to build the next Spurs dynasty for his successor. 

Sounds like Dwight Howard is going to take the minimum to go to GS. This move makes a ton of sense for both parties. Howard's broken down, but if he's your fifth best start than sure, that's great, and this team is eerily built like the Magic team he took to the Finals. 

I've been wondering for a while how we're going to look back at this period if LeBron is stuck at three titles while Curry and KD pass him? 

1 hour ago, chiKanery et al. said:

I've been wondering for a while how we're going to look back at this period if LeBron is stuck at three titles while Curry and KD pass him? 

Whats is it exactly your wondering about? LeBron had to play some of his best years against maybe one of the greatest overall talent on a team we'll ever see. It does nothing to diminish LBJ's legacy...he's the greatest of his generation and will always be in any GOAT convo.

What's sad is as ive said before, is the poor ownership, and his rocky relationship with said ownership. Yea, they put together a good team for a 2-3 year stretch, but theyve failed him for the last year, just pathetic to watch what he had to play with. I think he'll give them one more year to give him some talent to work with and if they don't he bolts. And I dont blame home one bit. Its like Gilbert likes to play these ego games with James and I can't comprehend it. If anything inthink it adds to his legacy, that after 15 years in the league, a ton of miles, and he drug a shitty, shitty supporting cast to the Finals. No other superstar in the league replaces James on that team and makes the Finals, NO ONE. If you know anything about basketball, you'll look back and say you got to see one of the best 2 (non-center) players of all-time do amazing things, year in, year out, come playoff time. Saying anything else is ludicrous.

3 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Sounds like Dwight Howard is going to take the minimum to go to GS. This move makes a ton of sense for both parties. Howard's broken down, but if he's your fifth best start than sure, that's great, and this team is eerily built like the Magic team he took to the Finals. 

I hope Howard does go there.  He's a career locker room asshole and teams always are ready to get rid of him when his contract is up.  Go there and sow some discord you magnificent bastard.

As for the second bit, not sure it matters now that Durant is there.  I think I feel like basically every fan of any team that's not Golden State when I express that these titles don't matter to anyone's legacy.  They certainly don't improve Curry's legacy, and they make Durant look like a fucking punk.

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

As for the second bit, not sure it matters now that Durant is there.  I think I feel like basically every fan of any team that's not Golden State when I express that these titles don't matter to anyone's legacy.  They certainly don't improve Curry's legacy, and they make Durant look like a fucking punk.

Nail on the head. It doesnt matter a Damn bit when the deck is this stacked. Youd think Durant would have a little Kobe in him and want to take a team on his own to a Ship'. He's just taking the easy road. I think it was you that said it best, he's an overgrown kid, who wants to be put up on a pedestal and needs this weird validation. When in actuality, doing on his own, relatively speaking (not joining an already super-team), will be the only thing to validate his legacy.

I really have nothing to say to the “But look how many Finals losses he has!” crowd.

LeBron has only lost one title he should have won (vs Dallas) and he has won two titles he should have lost.  (First SA and second GS)

51 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I really have nothing to say to the “But look how many Finals losses he has!” crowd.

LeBron has only lost one title he should have won (vs Dallas) and he has won two titles he should have lost.  (First SA and second GS)

LeBron ain't as good as Michael was, but he's in the GOAT orbit no question.

Peeps pointing out the finals losses is as ridiculous as the ones saying the Pats losing 3 SB's means Brady isn't the GOAT. It's a fucking silly argument top to bottom.

Although LeBran is the Manning to Michael's Brady. Or maybe the Elway.

7 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Zzzzzzzz 

I find it almost farcical that people are still whining about the Warriors.  Both Durant and Thompson are done after next year - and Green (plus Iggy and Livingston) the next.  This is not sustainable.  Even if it was, bringing up Bill Russell is particularly rich.  Dude won 11 titles in 13 years because his team was unfairly loaded.  Imagine the bitching then if the internet happened.

1 hour ago, DMBouazizi said:

I find it almost farcical that people are still whining about the Warriors.  Both Durant and Thompson are done after next year - and Green (plus Iggy and Livingston) the next.  This is not sustainable.  Even if it was, bringing up Bill Russell is particularly rich.  Dude won 11 titles in 13 years because his team was unfairly loaded.  Imagine the bitching then if the internet happened.

There were like a dozen teams in the NBA when he played.  Who cares?  I'd wager most of us weren't even alive when he played.  

And I just like him as a person and think he's a great guy.  I never mentioned his career or anything about it.  Just posted a funny tweet.

43 minutes ago, briantw said:

There were like a dozen teams in the NBA when he played.  Who cares?  I'd wager most of us weren't even alive when he played.  

I mean, in terms of who cares we could go down the line.  Who cares that the Warriors keep winning?  Who cares about the NBA at all, etc..?  In terms of Russell facing less teams, give me a fucking break.  That's not why y'all are mad about Durant signing with the Warriors.  There could be 100 teams or 6 teams, wouldn't matter.

5 hours ago, DMBouazizi said:

Bill Russell is the Draymond* to Jerry West's LeBron?

* Purely for purposes of postseason record comparison, because it's blasphemous to compare anyone to Bill Russell. He should be Draymond + Iggy or something.

Archived