Video Games: Now with a Chance to Win a Complimentary Membership to Gambler's Anonymous

The Anti-Targ

Age of Mythology is amazing. There are few things in life more enjoyable than watching your cyclops pick up an enemy unit and hurl it at another enemy.

Edit: Ugh. Currently playing Kerbals and somehow got 3 of them stranded on Minmus. The first rescue attempt ended in failure when the rescue ship smashed into the moon because it lost comms during the descent. Putting up another satellite now before the next attempted rescue.

Finished Dying Light. The final story mission is a mess of silly scripted sequences and the final encounter of the game is a fucking Quick Time Event. What is this, 2007? Ridiculous.

Soured me a little on what had been, up to that point, an extraordinarily good open world game. Really scratched that Fallout itch, with a dash of Resident Evil and Mirror's Edge thrown in.

Not impressed by that ending though. Will play something else and then do the expansion (although by all accounts that also has a terrible ending).

On 7/3/2018 at 6:03 PM, Toth said:

#1: I fall back to my territory... and abandon the Varelviv. I'm going to preserve the ships still left to me and focus on further strengthening my economy. Since the sector AI is stupid and builds mostly farms despite being told otherwise I still have a ridiculous food surplus. Right now I'm selling it in exchange for minerals to my neighbors, but I would be better off just replacing the farms with mines, which of course is expensive. I also still want to change around my core sectors a bit, something that would likely decrease my income for a bit (right now I'm making 800 minerals per month and it is still absolutely not enough...).

#2: I fall back to my territory... and prepare for another suicide attack. I build up as many ships in as short a time as possible, then, upgrade them with the copied armor and computer systems, just to make another go at the Xo'Lokaku before the Varelviv fold it. My only objective is to destroy a single of their battlecruisers, hoping that it has better technology to salvage. This will likely cost me almost my entire fleet though... and even then, my chances of actually taking one down are absurdly low.

#3: I fall back to my territory... and prepare to defend myself there. I will build up my fleet, upgrade it, but not go for a desperation attack. Even after the Varelviv get turned into a satellite and have to leave my federation, there still will be a 10 year truce which would allow me to focus on both my fleet and my economy. I have to prepare for the long game, without wasting my resources at hand at an attack that will likely fail anyway.

Any suggestions from the other Stellaris players here?

Well, since no one had any suggestions, I went ahead and tried to go for option #2. Which... essentially became #3 because nothing much happened from there on. I had three years time until I reverse-engineered sentient AI and then 8 more months until lvl 5 neutronium armor got researched. Until then I focused on my economy, building back farms and managed to reach 900 minerals per month. Since I did that in several intervals as to not create an unnecessary food shortage, I managed to build a couple more battleships in that time-frame. But when I upgraded my fleet with the AI and the armor and started to rush the production of a few dozen more corvettes to bloat my numbers, the Varelviv folded. Therefore, the chart of the galaxy now looks like this:

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/180706/mcbfzi5q.jpg

Okay... that's bleak. More than half the galaxy is now under the thrall of the Xo'Lukako Regulators. Even worse, instead of weakening due to decadence, their fleet becomes stronger and stronger with every world the force the defeated to cede. The last blurry picture of my personal Hannibal is this one: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180706/b32s869b.jpg

That was directly after our battle... instead of getting weaker, they just produced more ships and reached 380k fleet strength. This is utterly ridiculous. I have seen screenshots of endgame crisis enemies that were decidedly weaker than this. I've looked at the decadence mechanic and even assuming they never failed a single decadence roll and I apply the maximum decadence penalty of -25%, their main fleet still is at the utterly unbeatable number of 300k.

A few days later, the Xo'Lukako ambassador arrived and spoke before the senate, smugly demanding that the Romans shal bend the knee. It might be a pointless gesture, but I replied that the Roman republic had never faltered in its 3000 years of history. No matter how many Cannaes it will take, even if Rome itself gets sacked, we will not just surrender without a fight. We will make them bleed for every inch of space!

... not that I have currently anything to back that up. I searched the internet for strategies against awakened empires and the only one I kept finding is "Surrender!". Sounds reassuring. -.-

There is one small ray of hope though. One strategy called "Fortress flower" that I'm trying to pull off now. The idea is to take the colonized system that is closest to the Awakened Empire, build a fortress with FTL inhibitor in the middle and surround it with a circle of different fortresses equipped with all kinds of jamming fields and long-ranged artillery so that their overlapping firing arcs look like a flower. The idea is that your fleet stays ready near the FTL inhibitor and when the enemy arrives to take the system, their fleet is dropped right into yours, so that you can blast them at point-blank range with everything you've got while they have to deal with a plethora of debuffs that fatally decrease their combat ability.

I still have 7 years time until the truce ends and the Xo'Lukako come. 7 years to set everything up... even if it goes off without a hitch, they'll likely blast casually through everything I throw at them, but since my horrenduous losses in our last battle were due to them catching my fleet in its retreat and sniping my corvettes while I turned around to meet them... well, at least here I don't waste a single ship even if everything else fails. I'm also hoping that if I manage to take some down and dent their fleet power a bit, their very strong satellites might think it an opportunity to rise up in rebellion. With their home world threatened, I can hope that they might not be able to push their advantage and pull back to focus on the defensive. Wish me luck...

11 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

I got some good games on Summer Sale, but Elite Dangerous and Everspace have been the most fun. I didn't know I liked space sim shooting so much.

I like Elite. Not played much since end January.  Currently in my exploration-fitted Asp Explorer about 250 jumps from Colonia system.  A loooong way from colonised space.

I've found at least one undiscovered Earth-comparable planet on the way, and hope to make a lot of money selling my exploration data at Jacques station in Colonia.

Then... maybe head to the centre of the galaxy, and then on to Beagle's Point. Beagle is one of the furthest systems in the solar system a ship can reach, renamed by the devs after the name of the first player ship to get there.

or I may just head back to civilisation.  Lack of playing is turning my exploration jaunt into a 5 year mission.

Completed Assassins Creed Syndicate, taking a break from the series before starting Origin.

Also playing Dragons Age Inquisition. Not bad but Hinterlands nearly broke me. 

My main game at the moment is Final Fantasy XIV. I love how the servers arent segrageted by PC/console, so can use my pc-originated account/chars on my ps4.

Also just bought Final Fantasy 7 on my iphone! Not aure how the small screen will cope when I need to be coordinated, but we'll see. The Ps4 remake is now popping up on amazon

I've been playing Project Zomboid again, not having played for ages, and was surprised to see that the game has vehicles now. I immediately grabbed the first one I could find keys for and then went for a joyride through Westpoint's suburbs blasting my horn, easily outrunning all the zombies that followed. Unfortunately I got caught on a lightpole and partly wedged myself against a fence while learning how to reverse, at which point I was promptly mauled to death.

Started a new (serious) game and have set up shop in the downtown area, which is the only area I still remember very well. Instead of inhabiting one safehouse I've slowly been sealing off a section of the town, using the outer buildings as walls, manually walling off any gaps between them and barricading most of the entries and exits. I had a couple of close calls earlier on when exploring new buildings and triggering the alarms which attracted all the nearby zombies in the area, but the vehicles make it fairly easily to lure them away now. Once I've thoroughly raided the rest of the downtown area I intend to set up a farm within my little compound, then I need to find a sledgehammer so I can bust my way into the gun store.

"Hannibal ante portas!"

Well... it had been a good run so far. XD

At first I thought the Xo'Lokaku had forgotten about me. I expected them to strike immediately after the truce expired, so I build my Fortress Flower in the strategically important Zhir system and began churning out ships now that my economy has been successfully focused on getting as many minerals as I possibly can. But... nothing happened. Three years later I was still anxiously waiting for the Awakened Empire to come for my head.

Thinking that they might have grown bored of ruling the galaxy, the Andigonj brought up a proposal to use the time to expand our influence again. I agreed, thinking that they wanted to wage war on the Bos'Pachtux again... but when the war was declared and my ships refused to enter Bos'Pachtux territory due to closed borders, I was left stumped: We declared war on our former ally, the Varelviv instead. I was stumped, but adjusted to the new situation. In fact, now in hindsight I see that I was lucky I did, because it somewhat saved my life up until now.

Irritatingly, the AI of the Andigonj broke. Thanks to the border gore of how the war with the Bos'Pachtux was settled, the Andigonj main fleet and half of the federation peacekeepers was stuck in an Andigonj enclave surrounded by Bos'Pachtux territory, unable to leave thanks to those closed borders. Unfortunately that means that the Andigonj forces in their actual territory are now frozen in place... waiting to merge with a fleet that will never show up. -.- Okay, I get it, I will have to fight this war on my own... The only bright side is that I could conveniently place the Federation fleet in the middle of my Fortress Flower and when the Andigonj took over the lead of the Federation, it kept stuck there due to this bug, forever guarding my territory.

The first engagement with the Varelviv was a bit worrying. I managed to squeeze their 70k fleet between my own 80k one and the 40k Federation fleet, but due to the Federation peacekeepers engaging first, it only gave them time for an emergency jump before the cruisers of the Roman main force were able to engage them. When the statistics show up, there was also another disconcerning fact: I lost all my corvettes. Again. Even with the sentient AI their evasion is only at 77%... which in practice means that they still blow up whenever someone looks at them funny. I really don't know what to do anymore. In these Youtube tutorials it was said that corvettes become extremely valuable in the late game, with 99% evasion and stuff, but here I am, having researched all possible technologies to make them more nimble and yet they still take every single hit and die without dealing any damage. Even worse: Everyone says against the Awakened Empire I have to spam corvettes en masse, but I'm wondering whether those people are thinking of late-game corvettes that actually have some kind of chance to actually shoot at the enemy. In any case... right now corvettes are a waste of money, I need more cruisers and destroyers and of course battleships.

Well then, after my victory things looked quite bright. My legions conquered a path towards the Varelviv homeworld in an attempt to end this war as quick as possible. But while I was doing that, the Varelviv made a funny thing: While bombarding a planet I had conquered, they just put a fortress on top of it to cover their fleet. I was intrigued... because with a subspace snare and a jamming field that causes -15% enemy fire rate this thing was basically exactly how the inner part of my fortress flower looked like. It sure was not quite as intricate, but the idea was the same. Therefore I thought I'd test it... and just sprung the trap with my fleet. Seeing how it unfolded, I have a few mixed feelings...

Because just like this, my 70k fleet jumped right on top of their 40k fleet and began to utterly steamroll it. I jumped in with my beefy battleships facing the enemy, shielding my smaller ships which resulted in me just loosing 3 of them... and that's it. I obliterated the entire enemy fleet before it could jump away and lost only 3 ships. I was stumped. On one hand it felt exhilarating! I totally specialized my fleet to blast an enemy with as much burst damage as possible at point blank range, so it was great to see that in a situation where I could bring all my guns to bear, it actually had such a devastating effect. Then of course there is the little detail of the fortress being utterly helpless. I wondered why it never fired back despite having 12k fleet strength, but when I looked at its details screen, I noticed that it only consisted of hangars filled with bombers. Bombers I never saw anywhere... which made me think that my Sacrosanctus class destroyers must have sniped all of them at take-off within the first second of the battle. Given how much the Xo'Lukako rely on their starfighters, seeing the superiority of my point defense once again was encouraging. However...

... I was darkly aware that I sprung a trap that was very similar to my only hope against the Xo'Lukako. And with just a 30k fleet strength advantage, I powered through effortlessly. With the Xo'Lukako having a fleet strength four times my own, the likelihood of it becoming an even more insane massacre was quite high. And that's when the Xo'Lukako finally decided to declare war on me...

Interestingly, they didn't make a rush for my colonized systems. Instead their now 410k doomstack took its time to free the Varelviv planets I've been occupying, denying me the warscore of my current conflict. This means I found myself suddenly with quite a lot of time to prepare. I fell back to Zhir Prime and continued building ships like crazy. I have an income of 1600 minerals per month and yet it is nowhere near enough. I have managed to beef up my numbers to 110k and am still building, but there is no way I can reach my goal of 180k before the Xo'Lukako arrive. And even 180k will not be enough...

Damn... I'm thinking that once they demolish my fortress flower, I might have to sue for peace, hoping that they are content to make me a satellite without making me cede any planets. But I'm not sure whether I can ever break free of them then. I have now seen them failing a decadence roll... and the hit to their fleet strength was negligible. In fact, they soon became even stronger thanks to a never-ending stream of reinforcements merging with their doomstack. With them being able to produce ever more ships, there is no way in hell I can ever outproduce them once I am under their thrall.

... okay, so... it's game over. -.-

I'm not even pissed that I lost (I kinda expected that to happen), but I'm pissed just how miserably I lost.

So there I am, putting up this insane fortress flower: http://fs1.directupload.net/images/180708/mmxcobu7.png

And even manage to put together the most insane fleet I ever fielded with 170k fleet strength. But then, of course, the Xo'Lokaku didn't fall for my trap. They instead jumped ahead into the unguarded Jomprom system where two of my fleetyards are that are still churning out cruisers. Well... I then decided to go out and force them into battle on even ground, by jumping with my fleet into their neck: http://fs1.directupload.net/images/180708/qbkhruwy.png

From there on, everything went horribly wrong. I managed to strip them of their shields just fine, even their titan. But their armor was too tough. I couldn't fucking scratch them! In the end, after loosing half my fleet, I jumped away... and the dreadful battle report made me despair: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180708/r2g4xu4j.png

This is even worse than the last time, when they caught me on my retreat. This... I don't know what to do anymore. This is all I had. This is me reaching my fleet cap and throwing everything at them that I have. And I didn't even chip their fleet... Not a single dent... This... this is not even Cannae, this is just me throwing rocks at a tank.

I... I had no choice, I cut my losses and gave up: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180708/grn98cb5.jpg

With that, the galaxy belongs to the Xo'Lokaku. Or at least so much that it makes no difference. 400k fleet strenght... even after failing several decadence rolls... and they produce even more... There might still be some planets left for me to colonize, but I don't see how I could possibly turn this around anymore. Maybe I hit 200k fleet strength, but in the end, it makes no difference. I can't beat them, like, ever. And right now, that ruins the entire game. It was fun dealing with my neighbors and learning how the game works, but these bastards just steamrolling everything and being utterly indefeatable, that is just stupid. I don't even know whether I want to continue anymore...

... next time I turn Fallen Empires off for sure...

On 7/5/2018 at 1:27 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

Age of Mythology is amazing. There are few things in life more enjoyable than watching your cyclops pick up an enemy unit and hurl it at another enemy.

20 missions into AoM. I'd forgotten how much fun it is, including the inexplicable but awesome laser-toting crocodiles.

On 7/8/2018 at 12:46 PM, Toth said:

... next time I turn Fallen Empires off for sure...

I understand the temptation but I do think they make the game more interesting. One game one of them took a liking to me and gave me a couple ships that were way advanced of what I had at the time. I did have to give them my best scientist though. 

Are you gonna update for your next game and play with the new travel mechanics?

Edit: By the way I've never played a multiplayer game of Stellaris but if you guys wanted to organize one I would be interested. 

8 hours ago, RumHam said:

I understand the temptation but I do think they make the game more interesting. One game one of them took a liking to me and gave me a couple ships that were way advanced of what I had at the time. I did have to give them my best scientist though.  

That's fine and all, but as far as I can see, with Fallen Empires around the role-playing aspect falls short, because the only thing that matters is to kill them while they are still asleep. Because if they awaken, it's game over for the whole galaxy. I've just read about other player's experiences in how long it takes to stage an uprising and... there was one story where it took a century of waiting until they were weak enough to be defeated. And since my Awakened Empire is too stubborn to split their fleets and only attacks with that ever-growing 400k-doomstack, there is little hope that spending 100 years will change much. In fact, in a hundred years they'll likely just bully everyone with a 1M-doomstack that I couldn't even hope to beat if I've had the economy of the whole galaxy behind me...

And now thanks to my satellite status, my research speed slowed down to a crawl...

8 hours ago, RumHam said:

Are you gonna update for your next game and play with the new travel mechanics?

Right now I don't think there will be a next game. I initially planned to try out the Star Trek mod, but right now there is just too much that I've planned to do with my holidays and I won't succeed with anything again if I try to do everything at once.

8 hours ago, Toth said:

That's fine and all, but as far as I can see, with Fallen Empires around the role-playing aspect falls short, because the only thing that matters is to kill them while they are still asleep. Because if they awaken, it's game over for the whole galaxy. I've just read about other player's experiences in how long it takes to stage an uprising and... there was one story where it took a century of waiting until they were weak enough to be defeated. And since my Awakened Empire is too stubborn to split their fleets and only attacks with that ever-growing 400k-doomstack, there is little hope that spending 100 years will change much. In fact, in a hundred years they'll likely just bully everyone with a 1M-doomstack that I couldn't even hope to beat if I've had the economy of the whole galaxy behind me...

And now thanks to my satellite status, my research speed slowed down to a crawl...

Right now I don't think there will be a next game. I initially planned to try out the Star Trek mod, but right now there is just too much that I've planned to do with my holidays and I won't succeed with anything again if I try to do everything at once.

8 hours ago, Toth said:

FE fleets are usually much weaker than the numbers suggest. I have yet to play a game after 2.02 though as I'm taking a break from Stellaris so this might have changed. In the last version I played shield and armor ignoring weapons were the way to go against FEs and crisis forces. For everything else I used swarms of torpedo/missile corvettes. 

I used to play min/max games with a focus on early mineral production and fast expansion though. 

I stopped playing mainly because of the AI. It was decent before 2.0 at least with a galaxy filled with advanced AIs on max difficulty but 2.0 broke it. 

Still a great game and I played it more than any other game I own on steam. 

I guess I will try it again next winter. 

Edit: My favorite game was a fanatic purifer game with a species with only negativ traits. :D

38 minutes ago, Wolfgang I said:

FE fleets are usually much weaker than the numbers suggest. I have yet to play a game after 2.02 though as I'm taking a break from Stellaris so this might have changed. In the last version I played shield and armor ignoring weapons were the way to go against FEs and crisis forces. For everything else I used swarms of torpedo/missile corvettes. 

Mmh... presumably. I guess the idea is that their starfighters take up a huge part of that number and they are comparibly vulnerable to flak (though I'm still freaked out about how my destroyers completely ignored them this time. The swarm of AE fighters were for some reason behind my fleet and were free to roam among my battleships unharmed). But admittedly, I think I messed this game up from the beginning. I did neither know that fallen empires awaken (this way) nor did I know that their strength scales to the percentage of habitable worlds. I increased that percentage back when I started the game, thinking that the early colonizations would be easier this way. I think I doomed my galaxy with that though, given that this particular AE is far stronger than most I'm seeing depicted on other boards. So strong that I doubt tinkering with my fleet layout would do me much good.

Shield and armor ignoring weapons... you mean arc emitter and bombers? I was considering arc emitters, but so far had been anxious because of the highly randomized damage. If I were to bring them in, I would be forced to use them en masse because of that. And given how many starfighters the Xo'Lokako use, I am not very confident that any amount of bombers would survive long enough to make a few shots.

From what I've read now, you are supposed to drown AE's in plasma corvettes to take their fire and scratch them to death, while long-range kinetic artillery strips them of their shields from behind. The latter part I managed to do quite well, actually. With my Pilum-class battleships being equipped with giga cannons and kinetic artillery, they did that job just fine. What freaked me out, however, is that I barely saw any of my cruisers make any shots with their plasma cannons, despite dropping on them at knife-fighting range. Instead they... kinda attempted to flank them, making a huge circular maneuver on the left flank, exposing my battleships, which immediately blew up like firecrackers. Heck, I also just counted two or three shots of my Tachyon emitters. I may chalk that up to the frame-rate plummeting, but I really missed all of my anti-armor weapons when I needed them...

Mmh... I'm actually reconsidering my earlier stance... maybe I continue my game, churn out corvettes like advised and try to drown them in cheap, easily replacable ships instead of trying to be clever with the big guns.

(btw, I'm still at 1.9.1)

1 hour ago, Toth said:

Mmh... presumably. I guess the idea is that their starfighters take up a huge part of that number and they are comparibly vulnerable to flak (though I'm still freaked out about how my destroyers completely ignored them this time. The swarm of AE fighters were for some reason behind my fleet and were free to roam among my battleships unharmed). But admittedly, I think I messed this game up from the beginning. I did neither know that fallen empires awaken (this way) nor did I know that their strength scales to the percentage of habitable worlds. I increased that percentage back when I started the game, thinking that the early colonizations would be easier this way. I think I doomed my galaxy with that though, given that this particular AE is far stronger than most I'm seeing depicted on other boards. So strong that I doubt tinkering with my fleet layout would do me much good.

Shield and armor ignoring weapons... you mean arc emitter and bombers? I was considering arc emitters, but so far had been anxious because of the highly randomized damage. If I were to bring them in, I would be forced to use them en masse because of that. And given how many starfighters the Xo'Lokako use, I am not very confident that any amount of bombers would survive long enough to make a few shots.

From what I've read now, you are supposed to drown AE's in plasma corvettes to take their fire and scratch them to death, while long-range kinetic artillery strips them of their shields from behind. The latter part I managed to do quite well, actually. With my Pilum-class battleships being equipped with giga cannons and kinetic artillery, they did that job just fine. What freaked me out, however, is that I barely saw any of my cruisers make any shots with their plasma cannons, despite dropping on them at knife-fighting range. Instead they... kinda attempted to flank them, making a huge circular maneuver on the left flank, exposing my battleships, which immediately blew up like firecrackers. Heck, I also just counted two or three shots of my Tachyon emitters. I may chalk that up to the frame-rate plummeting, but I really missed all of my anti-armor weapons when I needed them...

Mmh... I'm actually reconsidering my earlier stance... maybe I continue my game, churn out corvettes like advised and try to drown them in cheap, easily replacable ships instead of trying to be clever with the big guns.

(btw, I'm still at 1.9.1)

Oh 1.9.1.

Tachyon/2 Kinetic Artilleries/2 L-Plasma is actually the best design in 1.9.1 against AI empires and FEs/AEs (not against the Crisis factions but it works OK against them too).

You should aim for 90% armor(built ship view not design mode because it does not show bonuses from ressources). 

The rest should be shields.

For the AUX slot the Enigmatic Decoder (Enigmatic Fortress) is the best item. The next best item is Crystal Forged Plating.

If you lack those items just go for Shield Capacitors. 

Most things are solved by throwing more minerals at the problem though. Weapon research is mostly useless in Stellaris because of the debris mechanic because you can can just fight an FE and as long as you destroy one ships you will get their weapons tech. 

How to solve AEs with minerals! ;) (from a Determined Exterminator game, huge galaxy, 1x habitable plants, insane difficulty)

I turned all organics into energy and used to energy to turn all planets in the galaxy into machine worlds.

Edit: My play-style did  not allow much room for AE growth I must admit and AEs expand rather slow if the map is completely filled with insane difficulty AIs by 2300. The biggest AE fleet I have ever seen had 600k fleet strength (1.6.1 I think and I destroyed it with 250k fleet strength in plasma cruisers).

On 7/8/2018 at 12:42 PM, Red Tiger said:

About 60% done with Bloodborne's main story, it's really good.

One of my favorite games of all time.  The DLC is crazy difficult, but incredibly satisfying once you beat it.  Took me ~4 days to beat the final boss alone.  I really hope they come up with a sequel.  Have you been doing the dungeons as you go along?  My first playthrough I just did the main story, but later found out that the dungeons are there to not only help you progress, but also have some of the cryptic back story as to why they exist.

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

One of my favorite games of all time.  The DLC is crazy difficult, but incredibly satisfying once you beat it.  Took me ~4 days to beat the final boss alone.  I really hope they come up with a sequel.  Have you been doing the dungeons as you go along?  My first playthrough I just did the main story, but later found out that the dungeons are there to not only help you progress, but also have some of the cryptic back story as to why they exist.

I finished the first chalice dungeon yesterday, but im not gonna lie to you, I was bored out of my mind.

I think i'll go up to before the final battle, play the dlc, do the chalice dungeons in-between and then finish it off with

Spoiler

Gehrman and The Moon Presence.

To avoid the NG+ spike.

I finished off Micolash yesterday. May he burn in the seven flames of hell.

Ok, about 20 hours into Hollow Knight, and while I absolutely adore the game I do have to say that I fucking hate the platforming.  Not all of it, mind you, but there is a really stupid pogo stick move you have to make on certain enemies to get to some areas that's just really dumb.  Most of the time I die just because my controller isn't registering the down press and instead attacks forward.  Stupidly frustrating.  Everything else about the game is beautiful though.

5 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

I finished the first chalice dungeon yesterday, but im not gonna lie to you, I was bored out of my mind.

I think i'll go up to before the final battle, play the dlc, do the chalice dungeons in-between and then finish it off with

Hide contents

Gehrman and The Moon Presence.

To avoid the NG+ spike.

I finished off Micolash yesterday. May he burn in the seven flames of hell.

That battle in NG+ is my least favorite.  The one-shotting in that tiny space is just ridiculous.

I understand how boring the chalice dungeons are, but they have some of the best boss battles and you get a trophy for the final one (One of 3 games I've platinum'd).  The levels are short enough that you can usually cruise through them pretty quickly to just get to the bosses.  I like to go as far as I can in the Chalice (usually because the dungeons have out-leveled me), do some of the story/level up, rinse and repeat.  

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

That battle in NG+ is my least favorite.  The one-shotting in that tiny space is just ridiculous.

I understand how boring the chalice dungeons are, but they have some of the best boss battles and you get a trophy for the final one (One of 3 games I've platinum'd).  The levels are short enough that you can usually cruise through them pretty quickly to just get to the bosses.  I like to go as far as I can in the Chalice (usually because the dungeons have out-leveled me), do some of the story/level up, rinse and repeat.  

Im gonna take on Logarius and the Amygdala later on today.

How do you feel about Dark Souls 3? Im thinking of getting it.

Archived