Wow, I never noticed that v.17

1 hour ago, Lady Anna said:

Ser Ryman came stomping up the gallows steps in company with a straw-haired slattern as drunk as he was. Her gown laced up the front, but someone had undone the laces to the navel, so her breasts were spilling out. They were large and heavy, with big brown nipples. On her head a circlet of hammered bronze sat askew, graven with runes and ringed with small black swords. When she saw Jaime, she laughed. "Who in seven hells is this one?"

- Jaime VI, AFFC

This is Robb's crown. Explains why Jaime didn't let Ryman take it with him.

What Aegon had done with it no man could say. Lord Hoster's smith had done his work well, and Robb's crown looked much as the other was said to have looked in the tales told of the Stark kings of old; an open circlet of hammered bronze incised with the runes of the First Men, surmounted by nine black iron spikes wrought in the shape of longswords. Of gold and silver and gemstones, it had none; bronze and iron were the metals of winter, dark and strong to fight against the cold.

- Catelyn I, ACOK

Seems someone didnt listen to Jaime and took it anyway though

A trestle table had been set up across the cave, in a cleft in the rock. Behind it sat a woman all in grey, cloaked and hooded. In her hands was a crown, a bronze circlet ringed by iron swords. She was studying it, her fingers stroking the blades as if to test their sharpness. Her eyes glimmered under her hood.

This is after the Brotherhood have hanged Ser Ryman

Elissa Farman (in 54 AC) gave three dragon eggs to one Sealord of Braavos, and it's likely that a different Sealord (maybe Ferrego Antaryon) many years later (after 283) gave those eggs to Hop-Bean and his children, Penny and Oppo. So I was wondering, why did those Sealords kept those dragon eggs for so many years (230+), and why did they eventually gave them away? I haven't figured out, why did they gave them away, except it had something to do with Dany, but it seems, that I figured out, why were they keeping them for so many years, instead of just selling them.

I noticed that Aegon IV's mistress, Bellegere Otherys, was granddaughter of the Sealord of Braavos, and she was in a relationship with Aegon, until she gave birth to three of his children (born between 161 adn 171).

Out of all of his women, except his wife, Aegon's relationship with Bellegere was the longest. And at that time Sealords of Braavos still had three Targaryen dragon eggs in their posession. So, I think, that it could have been Bellegere's grandfather, who arranged her meeting with Aegon, and got an idea, that if Bellegere will have Aegon's children, then, maybe, those children will manage to hatch dragon eggs, owned by the Sealord. So that's why Bellegere was with Aegon for so long - because she needed three children, same as number of dragon eggs. But all attempts to hatch those eggs failed, for several generations (as many as Black Pearls of Braavos). So eventually the Sealord (the current one) gave those eggs to mummer-dwarfs. 

On 5/4/2019 at 1:15 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Seems someone didnt listen to Jaime and took it anyway though

This is after the Brotherhood have hanged Ser Ryman

I thought about that but I wasn't sure if i was misremembering so I didn't include it. Not really sure what happened there.....

7 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

I thought about that but I wasn't sure if i was misremembering so I didn't include it. Not really sure what happened there.....

Do you mean you aren’t sure how she got the crown? I would say Ryman, being pissed off at jaime, didn’t listen and took it with him when he left. Tom o Sevens relayed this info to the Brotherhood using whatever methods they have been using, and they planned and executed the ambush to capture and hang him, and take the crown from him

On 5/2/2019 at 12:00 AM, Seams said:

ACoK, Arya IV

A Lannister knight to Yoren, suspicious he is part of Dondarrion's group:

By night, all banners look black.

ASoS, Bran III

Jojen to Bran:

By night all cloaks are black, Your Grace.

ASoS, Dany IV

Dany to Missandei, about a dream:

"I was looking for a house with a red door, but by night all the doors are black."

ADwD, Jon VI

I believe this is when Jon momentarily mistakes Melisandre for Ygritte:

At night all robes are grey.

The Mystery Knight, always Dunk's POV:

The night's grey banners were reborn in half a hundred gaudy colors.

So night = death and an absence of color. (But is it dark and full of terror?) Dawn = rebirth and the presence of color.

Also interesting to note that Jon and Dunk see grey at night, not black. I wonder why their night vision is different?

Nothing much but these were my thoughts on it.

Jon and Dunk seeing grey; they are clear sighted perhaps? Even in the dark they can tell the black from the gray? Many of Jon’s actions as a LC fall in the grey area I think. 

On 5/5/2019 at 11:55 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Do you mean you aren’t sure how she got the crown? I would say Ryman, being pissed off at jaime, didn’t listen and took it with him when he left. Tom o Sevens relayed this info to the Brotherhood using whatever methods they have been using, and they planned and executed the ambush to capture and hang him, and take the crown from him

Yeah I mean I thought Jaime had kept it at the camp when he told Ryman to leave, so Ryman couldn't have had it with him. But he must have if Lady Stoneheart has it after killing him. Thanks!

Illyrio could be masquerading as Belwas? :wideeyed:

They´re both fat, but light on their feet (ref thread on Illyrio/Varys under the red keep, thanks to @Widowmaker 811 for the idea).

We know Illyrio was a fighter from Tyrions pov, and that he longs for the days of his youth.

Going as a eunuch is a good move, removes his prominent beard (if that´s even real) though shaving all the time is hard if it isn´t.

Having Arstan with him is an effective smoke screen, both for the readers and in-universe.

Motivation, controlling/safeguarding/observing Dany. Will have to look for evidence of him pushing his agenda on her, but this is probably pretty flimsy.

All in all, this is probably a thing that´s left open, but will never be resolved. Whatevs.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:27 AM, SiSt said:

Illyrio could be masquerading as Belwas? :wideeyed:

They´re both fat, but light on their feet (ref thread on Illyrio/Varys under the red keep, thanks to @Widowmaker 811 for the idea).

We know Illyrio was a fighter from Tyrions pov, and that he longs for the days of his youth.

Going as a eunuch is a good move, removes his prominent beard (if that´s even real) though shaving all the time is hard if it isn´t.

Having Arstan with him is an effective smoke screen, both for the readers and in-universe.

Motivation, controlling/safeguarding/observing Dany. Will have to look for evidence of him pushing his agenda on her, but this is probably pretty flimsy.

All in all, this is probably a thing that´s left open, but will never be resolved. Whatevs.

Belwas is already with Dany during Tyrion’s POV chapters in Pentos.

Also why wouldn’t Dany recognise him?

"He is not my father. The thought leaped unbidden to Jon’s mind. Lord Eddard Stark is my father. I will not forget him, no matter how many swords they give me.”

The Iron Throne is made of by many swords. This is a foreshadowing that Jon will reject the chance to be King of Westeros for the North. Jon Snow will always be a Stark - no matter who sired him.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Belwas is already with Dany during Tyrion’s POV chapters in Pentos.

Belwas shows up in Dany 5 ACOK.

Tyrion leaves illyrio by Tyrion 3 in AFFC. 

:rolleyes: I'm ashamed. 

Archived