Do you think the night' queen will return?

Varysblackfyre321

This puts me in mind of the Night Queen.

TWOW Spoilers

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/127485-twow-spoilers-alayne-i-v-3/&do=findComment&comment=7895665

A possible match is already at the Wall.

The LC spotted her from the top of the Wall:

The Myrish lenses brought the wildlings close enough for him to make out faces. Of Mance himself he saw no sign this morning, but his woman Dalla was outside tending the fire, while her sister Val milked a she-goat beside the tent

Val dresses all in white and has blue eyes;she is capable of crossing wight infested territory on her own to reach Tormund and has a strange relationship with Ghost

They look as though they belong together. Val was clad all in white; white woolen breeches tucked into high boots of bleached white leather, white bearskin cloak pinned at the shoulder with a carved weirwood face, white tunic with bone fastenings. Her breath was white as well … but her eyes were blue, her long braid the color of dark honey, her cheeks flushed red from the cold. It had been a long while since Jon Snow had seen a sight so lovely.

The Night's Queen of the past could get reincarnated.  My guess is it will be Arya Stark and Jon Snow will be the Night's King.  The NQ didn't choose her mate randomly.  It had to be the Stark lord commander.  Genetic compatibility.  Arya and Jon are compatible.  They both have Stark blood.  They look alike.  Sure, one is female and the other male but they share the same long facial shape and the look of the north.

1 hour ago, Agent Orange said:

The Night's Queen of the past could get reincarnated.  My guess is it will be Arya Stark and Jon Snow will be the Night's King.  The NQ didn't choose her mate randomly.  It had to be the Stark lord commander.  Genetic compatibility.  Arya and Jon are compatible.  They both have Stark blood.  They look alike.  Sure, one is female and the other male but they share the same long facial shape and the look of the north.

....what?

7 hours ago, Lollygag said:

In that same chapter, Sansa refuses to dance with Harrold but eventually agrees for a dance.

Who else is asked for a dance but refuses?

"You could dance with me, you know. It would be only courteous. You danced with me anon."

"Anon?" teased Jon.

"When we were children." She tore off a bit of bread and threw it at him. "As you know well."

"My lady should dance with her husband."

"My Magnar is not one for dancing, I fear. If you will not dance with me, at least pourme some of the mulled wine."

Later he is asked for a dance again. By another 

A snowflake danced upon the air. Then another. Dance with me, Jon Snow, he thought. You'll dance with me anon.

So if Sansa is Night's Queen Jon is most probably his king. But I am a Jon+Val shipper. And Jon has become king already, but not of the Night. Wildlings have chosen him to be their king and the half-wildling hill clans too. Soon the rest of the Northman will join as well.

Jonwill break the NW just as Joramun and Brandon the Breaker did, or Wildlings and Northman will do so for the attack on their Savior and Honorable Neds son. So no night queen I think, at least not for very long.

13 hours ago, Tucu said:

A possible match is already at the Wall.

The LC spotted her from the top of the Wall:

Val dresses all in white and has blue eyes;she is capable of crossing wight infested territory on her own to reach Tormund and has a strange relationship with Ghost

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking as well.  The passages you quoted were certainly evocative of the Night's Queen.  I also still find it ridiculous that Val was somehow able to travel through the Haunted Forest completely alone to find Tormund- we know the Others and White Walkers are all around and have been picking off stragglers from Tormund's band relentlessly.  

15 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

My thinking is since she was never given an end in the legend, that she will return probably reveal as the great other; what do you think? Yes, I appreciate there's not a lot to go on here and my thoughts on her return are more speculation than a solid theory.

The Night Queen's DNA is alive and well today, in the Starks and in Craster's children.  This is very likely the best explanation for why the White walkers wanted Craster's children.  These children are the descendants of the Night Queen and her Stark mate, the Night's King.  Blood and kin play major roles in the plot.  It's about family.  The NK, NQ, Craster, and Starks being of the same family fits nicely.  Jon is  the obvious Night's King.  I read an idea that suggested the NQ's body is entombed in the Winterfell crypts in a state of preservation.  Hence, the reason the crypts call out to Jon Snow.  The Starks of the old days were actual allies of the NK and NQ and secretly preserved her remains and wiped the story from history to keep their secret.  Some ancient agreement existed between the White walkers and the Starks that helped the family defeat the other houses for control of the north.   

15 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

From where?

@Lollygag, that link doesn't work (for me?).

It's from a post in TWOW forum page. Not sure why it didn't link but I tested by copy/pasting into the browser address box and it works fine that way.

11 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

In that same chapter, Sansa refuses to dance with Harrold but eventually agrees for a dance.

Who else is asked for a dance but refuses?

Later he is asked for a dance again. By another 

So if Sansa is Night's Queen Jon is most probably his king. But I am a Jon+Val shipper. And Jon has become king already, but not of the Night. Wildlings have chosen him to be their king and the half-wildling hill clans too. Soon the rest of the Northman will join as well.

Jonwill break the NW just as Joramun and Brandon the Breaker did, or Wildlings and Northman will do so for the attack on their Savior and Honorable Neds son. So no night queen I think, at least not for very long.

Yeah, I can't wrap my mind around how that might work out. Suspect it's just a parallel of some sort, but I do think the Night Queen will come up in a big way at least figuratively somehow. It's an odd, odd passage.

TWOW Spoilers:

Spoiler

One could maybe argue that Sansa is the NQ here and LF represents the seduced which would be interesting given he takes on the Stark role when he says Winter is Coming. Also interesting that Mel/Stannis is implied here, too.

Great topic!  If my flight wasn't about to take-off I'd spend more time on it.  I've written this elsewhere before and don't have time to look it up, but I definitely could see Val as Night's Queen with Stannis as Night's King.  I will come back to this with details on how this would happen.  I also don't believe that the historical Night's Queen was anything but a wildling human, if she even existed.

The Night King is a show only creation.  He was inspired by the legend of the NK from the books.  I don't think we will get to see the NQ in the books because we never got the NK.  Jon Snow will play the same antagonists role that the NK did in the past.  That of a lord commander whose love led him astray from his job and had to be destroyed for the good of the realm.  

5 minutes ago, Bowen Marsh said:

The Night King is a show only creation.  He was inspired by the legend of the NK from the books.  I don't think we will get to see the NQ in the books because we never got the NK.  Jon Snow will play the same antagonists role that the NK did in the past.  That of a lord commander whose love led him astray from his job and had to be destroyed for the good of the realm.  

Nah. The NK is Voldemort.

ADWD Victarion I

"Your red god will have his due," he promised Moqorro, "but the seas are ruled by the Drowned God."

"There are no gods but R'hllor and the Other, whose name may not be said."

9 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Nah. The NK is Voldemort.

ADWD Victarion I

"Your red god will have his due," he promised Moqorro, "but the seas are ruled by the Drowned God."

"There are no gods but R'hllor and the Other, whose name may not be said."

Nah, it's not Voldemort.  Oh no.  Best ye listen, guvnor.  He's much, much worse.  The villain at the wall this time around will be its lord commander, Jon Snow.  I took care of im for ya.  For the watch.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:47 PM, Varysblackfyre321 said:

My thinking is since she was never given an end in the legend, that she will return probably reveal as the great other; what do you think? Yes, I appreciate there's not a lot to go on here and my thoughts on her return are more speculation than a solid theory.

Nah.  She is a figure of old legend.  A Snark or a Grumkin.

Archived