Do you think the night' queen will return?

Varysblackfyre321

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Great topic!  If my flight wasn't about to take-off I'd spend more time on it.  I've written this elsewhere before and don't have time to look it up, but I definitely could see Val as Night's Queen with Stannis as Night's King.  I will come back to this with details on how this would happen.  I also don't believe that the historical Night's Queen was anything but a wildling human, if she even existed.

Right so my thought on the two ways Stannis could become Night's King (which I do NOT actually believe will happen but could)…

1)  Stannis somehow does NOT die fighting the Others, and while the war is on-going Daenerys gets in the picture and there is a reckoning of sorts.  Jon pleads to have Stannis' life saved for all the good he has done for the cause.  A good deed does not wash out the bad, nor the bad wash out the good.  Stannis is forced to remain at the wall by Queen Daenerys for his crimes of rebelling against Aerys II (and maybe fratricide of Renly) but becomes the defacto Lord Commander of the NW.  Because of her involvement in the burning of Shireen (which Stannis had no parts in), and to continue the house Baratheon which a nod to the bond between Orys and Aegon, Val is forced to marry Stannis and produce an heir.  Stannis never says the NW vows but effectively becomes their leader out of the Nightfort, continuing his previous mission, only no longer as claimant to the Iron Throne, he is informally thought of as Night's King, with Val as his Queen.

2)  Similar punishment scenario, but in this case Melisandre is punished too and she becomes Night's Queen, and must produce an army of shadows for Stannis to lead against the Others.  The wall's magic keeps them alive, the shadowbinding saps their lifeforce, keeping Stannis and Melisandre in a perpetual purgatory - penance in the form of duty to save the realm, at the cost of their humanity.  Maybe Stannis dies and is brought back to life for this purpose.  Who knows.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:15 PM, Yournamehere said:

Stupid question, what exactly is a snark and a grumkin? I hear them mentioned mockingly and assume they are the "boogie man" so to speak but wondered if they'd been described.

Oh those tales used to scare stubborn children.  The boogey man.  Those things that go bump in the night and steal little children away from their parents because they refused to do their homework.  What Arya the wolf will be in the memory of the children in the north after she dies.  A malicious spirit who torments the living.  The poltergeist that will haunt the ruins of Winterfell.  A wolfen creature said to devour children who don't make it back home before dark.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I lean towards yes; I think the NQ's seemingly  lack of conclusion in the original myth does suggest there's more to her story to me-and the tale of the storm lord has a woman too like her to be a mere coincidence; a pale, icy woman bringing power to a male. And it follows a nice of women initially using a male as an conduit of power(Melisandre, Daenarys, Cersi).

I hope she does return - the mystery is definitely intriguing and her parallels with Melisandre even more so: a pale woman with blue/red eyes, cold/hot to touch, takes the man's seed for...? Melisandre produced shadow babies, what did the NQ produce? White shadows?

I can only think of the last line in ADWD's prologue. She sees me! I've always thought that was referring to the Night's Queen, and when the "heart trees were weighing his deeds," they decided he was fit for hell, and hell for him is being delivered to the Night's Queen to become her thrall. This makes me believe the Night's Queen very much still exists, and has been looking for a vessel to become her king. Some speculate towards Euron or Roose. Could be she's looking for a female vessel to merge with also to spread her power. 

17 minutes ago, Mooncalf said:

I can only think of the last line in ADWD's prologue. She sees me! I've always thought that was referring to the Night's Queen, and when the "heart trees were weighing his deeds," they decided he was fit for hell, and hell for him is being delivered to the Night's Queen to become her thrall. This makes me believe the Night's Queen very much still exists, and has been looking for a vessel to become her king. Some speculate towards Euron or Roose. Could be she's looking for a female vessel to merge with also to spread her power. 

This is very clever. I don’t agree that it is this fictional night’s queen, but it could be part of the growing suspicion (in some fans) that the Great Other is more of a female-based entity rather than a male one. 

10 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

This is very clever. I don’t agree that it is this fictional night’s queen, but it could be part of the growing suspicion (in some fans) that the Great Other is more of a female-based entity rather than a male one. 

Now that would be delicious!

Hm. Since AA seems to be the champion of fire... are we sure Nissa Nissa ceased to exist after being Lightbringered and didn't become a champion of ice instead? Such a marital grudge would definitely explain the eternal strife :D

35 minutes ago, Mooncalf said:

After the Damphair sample chapter, my bets are on Euron. 

Spoiler

the similarity in the description of his female companion in the vision and that of the Others in the AGOT prologue is notable.

12 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

The main reason I don't think we will hit a NQ is because it seemed the Others had to obtain human children to procreate, ie.........no one to procreate with, LOL  Now, granted, it could be a woman that cannot procreate directing such activities, but I lean against that idea.  It seems the Others have been reduced to a race of males because all the ones that we do see are males.  It also seems the fact that Craster only gave them males may have exacerbated the problem, but was that by design? 

9 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

The main reason I don't think we will hit a NQ is because it seemed the Others had to obtain human children to procreate, ie.........no one to procreate with, LOL  Now, granted, it could be a woman that cannot procreate directing such activities, but I lean against that idea.  It seems the Others have been reduced to a race of males because all the ones that we do see are males.  It also seems the fact that Craster only gave them males may have exacerbated the problem, but was that by design? 

Mel is also female, yet the result of her sexual activity is not exactly procreation.

29 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Now that would be delicious!

Hm. Since AA seems to be the champion of fire... are we sure Nissa Nissa ceased to exist after being Lightbringered and didn't become a champion of ice instead? Such a marital grudge would definitely explain the eternal strife :D

After the Damphair sample chapter, my bets are on Euron. 

Hide contents

the similarity in the description of his female companion in the vision and that of the Others in the AGOT prologue is notable.

28 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Bookmarking these ides for later because I have to go help a friend move... in 95 degree weather... because I am a good friend... in 95 degree weather <_<

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Bookmarking these ides for later because I have to go help a friend move... in 95 degree weather... because I am a good friend... in 95 degree weather <_<

You are a dear friend, indeed.  Too bad you don't have an Icy Night King or Queen to help cool things down, LOL

22 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Mel is also female, yet the result of her sexual activity is not exactly procreation.

That makes me wonder..........are the Others (all those males) a little upset about what seems to be the lack of two sexes, or not?  Hmmmmmm, that would be a different thread, wouldn't it? 

Archived