Match Day 7: Portugal v Morocco; Uruguay v Saudi Arabia; Iran v Spain

I just caught up with the Portugal Morocco game. I didn’t see their first game but Morocco played some really nice football without creating a huge amount in the way of concrete chances, unfortunately they really dug themselves a hole with conceding that soft early goal.

ETA: Er, but Portugal are going to win the World Cup and CR7's winning the golden boot.

I cannot understand why Harit did not come on when Belhanda departed. Played very well vs Iran, and even though he lacked a little end product that is understandable for a twenty year old stuck out of position on the wing. In the middle as a free eight is his best role.

Ahh, the vuvuzela-like sounds from the stands... Though unnecessary, it reminds us of victory... VAMOS!

ETA: But seriously, I wonder if Asensio might not provide more of a threat with shots from distance. Alba seems to be having an off day wrt passing, and Iran are buttoning up well inside the 16.

I disagree - the goal hurt the match. Spain needing to score but dancing on the knife edge if elimination if Iran nicked one on the break was interesting, even if the football was not. Iran made a decent effort of getting an equaliser and were unlucky with the disallowed goal for offside, but that period lacked the tension of the first hour.

Iran deserve a point at least for attempting a somersault throw-in during injury time.

Only one goal from Ronaldo today? I had him down for two, but oh well.

And nice game by Iran. Hope they beat Portugal by one goal and Marocco trounces Spain so Iran and Portugal finish first and second!

Archived