Predictions for the Sand Snakes

TWOW Sample Chapters included

I’ll stick to the elder 5 bc I don’t have a blue’s clue about the younger 3. 

Obara- Well she is chasing the “most dangerous man in Dorne” but she’s got some pretty good back-up in Areo Hotah still I see 1 or both dying at Darkstar’s hands. Can’t decide which one though 

Lady Nymeria- On the way to King’s Landing to join a disastrous small council that is filled with border enemy reach members.  I think a new POV of KL could be very refreshing and better capture the “big picture” I think she lives more than most people I’ve seen but she could be in serious trouble when the Myrcella news reaches Cersei. Nym is driven by revenge and wants to straight up assassinate her enemies, KL is a tough place to get your justice at. 

Tyene- With Nymeria but in an effort to infiltrate the Faith and win over the High Sparrow. If Lady Nym is in the hot water of KL then Tyene is in a boiling pot. The high sparrow has no issues with torturing people for info and seems like a common sense intelligent person, it will be very difficult and very dangerous for Tyene to succeed. It’s hard for me to see Tyene making it out of KL. I’m not even sure if she will be posing as herself as a septa or as a random septa so I’m not the most informed. Hopefully someone can clarify and add more. Tyene does have 1 thing going for her, at this time both she and the high septon hate the same person (Cercei) 

Sarella- The younger 2 are such wild cards. Sarella is cool with Marwyn who is the ultimate wild card. I think Sarella will believe Sam and thereby be forced to adjust her strategy and end game. I can totally see her researching and later spraying Obsidian arrows with deft precision. 

Elia- I know what you’re thinking and yes I’m terrible with these predictions but bear with me on this one I have been seriously considering that rather than Arianne, Aegon falls for Lady Lance. We’ve literally seen 1 Dornish princess passed over by a Targ for a more tomboyish horse riding lady and I think this would add lateral thought on Faegon’s character and be a cool move overall for the Dorne storyline 

What do you think will happen to the sand snakes?

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

TWOW Sample Chapters included

I’ll stick to the elder 5 bc I don’t have a blue’s clue about the younger 3. 

Obara- Well she is chasing the “most dangerous man in Dorne” but she’s got some pretty good back-up in Areo Hotah still I see 1 or both dying at Darkstar’s hands. Can’t decide which one though 

Lady Nymeria- On the way to King’s Landing to join a disastrous small council that is filled with border enemy reach members.  I think a new POV of KL could be very refreshing and better capture the “big picture” I think she lives more than most people I’ve seen but she could be in serious trouble when the Myrcella news reaches Cersei. Nym is driven by revenge and wants to straight up assassinate her enemies, KL is a tough place to get your justice at. 

Tyene- With Nymeria but in an effort to infiltrate the Faith and win over the High Sparrow. If Lady Nym is in the hot water of KL then Tyene is in a boiling pot. The high sparrow has no issues with torturing people for info and seems like a common sense intelligent person, it will be very difficult and very dangerous for Tyene to succeed. It’s hard for me to see Tyene making it out of KL. I’m not even sure if she will be posing as herself as a septa or as a random septa so I’m not the most informed. Hopefully someone can clarify and add more. Tyene does have 1 thing going for her, at this time both she and the high septon hate the same person (Cercei) 

Sarella- The younger 2 are such wild cards. Sarella is cool with Marwyn who is the ultimate wild card. I think Sarella will believe Sam and thereby be forced to adjust her strategy and end game. I can totally see her researching and later spraying Obsidian arrows with deft precision. 

Elia- I know what you’re thinking and yes I’m terrible with these predictions but bear with me on this one I have been seriously considering that rather than Arianne, Aegon falls for Lady Lance. We’ve literally seen 1 Dornish princess passed over by a Targ for a more tomboyish horse riding lady and I think this would add lateral thought on Faegon’s character and be a cool move overall for the Dorne storyline 

I've posted about the bolded before, it seems the biggest shout out to Lyanna and Rhaegar George can possibly give us.

I think Sarella will discover the FM posing as Pate, we already saw him make a mistake once when he introduced himself as "Pate, like the big boy" which we learned in his prologue that he would never do.  She will also help Sam discover some info about the Others or Jons heritage or whatever.  Something important.

Sams POV's will be very interesting in Oldtown what with Euron and Sarella, and  FM all being around.

Since all of Dorans plans fall apart, and we know Cersei regains some measure of power in Kings Landing, I don't like Nym or Tyene's chances of living, but I also don' like Tommens and so I could definitely see one of them poisoning him.

The only person I can say with absolutely certainty is going to die in the "hunt" for Darkstar is Swann.  The rest I find there are too many viable possibilities to really put any faith in any one of them.  Perhaps Darkstar is really working for Doran, perhaps Hotah was only setup as a badass to make Darkstar into even more of a badass when he kills him, or vice versa, etc etc.

Fun!  I like this and have already been exposed to new ideas.  I will venture a few guesses...

Obara will join forces with Darkstar.  In that there propably won't be new POVs, my guy Aero Hotah is likely to survive this and maybe join with them (hoping). They go off fighting together.  Only question is which direction--Stormlands or Reach?  I'm voting Stormlands.  

Sarella is a very likely ally for Sam.  However, exposing an FM should be a big deal particularly if the dynamic duo abscond with whatever it is that "Pate" is after.  I'm predicting boat travel will be impossible at that point and they have to ease on down a road, but where?  

Nym will have to cool her jets and be smarter in KL than she was in Dorne.  She will be in an excellent position to gather intel and even sew some dissent.  It's really too bad we won't get to read her thoughts because this character could be turned into something very very cool.  

Tyene is said to be so deceptively pretty and innocent looking.   In truth, she actually may be the snake with a heart.   She is the only family member who clues us in that Darkstar is innocent of whatever crime he was accused of during the family meeting.   I'm thinking she seduces the High Sparrow or is at least taken into his confidence.  

Have to throw in with all thoughts above regarding Elia.  It really sort of has to go that way, doesn't it?  

On 6/20/2018 at 5:27 PM, Kandrax said:

Not counting prologues and epilogues there will be no new povs.

My anxiety medication got the better of me. I suppose I meant a new outside opinion from a fresh face but that would assume she is heard/confirmed by a POV while also telling the truth..... but you’re absolutely correct, I got too fancy

I think Elia is there to trigger Jon Connington and for him to tells us what he knows about Rhaegar/Lyanna. That's not to mention that Young Griff may very well take interest in her instead of Arianne. I also think that Arianne is a bit of an idiot.

About Obara, I wonder if her and Hotah's orders are other than what we have been told on page. I don't know, it seems to me that Doran may have already alienated some families by exiling their heirs, or marrying off their daughter to some very old man. Him pinning the death of Arys Oakheart on Dayne's back seems a bridge too far and this certainly isn't justice or anything honorable. I'm still not certain he did anything to Myrcella. That scene was chaotic.

Lady Nym sitting on the small council with Cersei should be interesting. And the small council now has a lot of reachmen on it. I don't know if Cersei will keep all these people in place, but it will certainly make for some really interesting dynamic. And Lady Nym should come face to face with Robert Strong. I can see her being killed off.

Tyene with the Faith. Interestingly, there's another Dornishman there (I know the wiki says northman, but I am very convinced he is Dornish), Theodan Wells. He is the commander of the Warrior's Sons. So she's not wholly alone. Now one of Quentyn Martell's companions was from House Wells and he died off the coast of the Disputed Lands. I think there's a important connection here. 

Sarella is the one I am the most interested in. I think she is the most important Sand Snake, tbh. I am really looking forward to what she will be up to with Sam. I love the connections she has. Beyond that, I think that all these bookish people's value (Sam, Sarella, Willas Tyrell, Tyrion, Rodrik the Reader to name a few) is going to be upped in a really serious way. 

On 6/20/2018 at 12:56 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I've posted about the bolded before, it seems the biggest shout out to Lyanna and Rhaegar George can possibly give us.

I think Sarella will discover the FM posing as Pate, we already saw him make a mistake once when he introduced himself as "Pate, like the big boy" which we learned in his prologue that he would never do.  She will also help Sam discover some info about the Others or Jons heritage or whatever.  Something important.

Sams POV's will be very interesting in Oldtown what with Euron and Sarella, and  FM all being around.

Since all of Dorans plans fall apart, and we know Cersei regains some measure of power in Kings Landing, I don't like Nym or Tyene's chances of living, but I also don' like Tommens and so I could definitely see one of them poisoning him.

The only person I can say with absolutely certainty is going to die in the "hunt" for Darkstar is Swann.  The rest I find there are too many viable possibilities to really put any faith in any one of them.  Perhaps Darkstar is really working for Doran, perhaps Hotah was only setup as a badass to make Darkstar into even more of a badass when he kills him, or vice versa, etc etc.

I literally agree with everything. I’ve actually never seen that about Pate’s poor choice of words. Very nice!

11 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Fun!  I like this and have already been exposed to new ideas.  I will venture a few guesses...

Obara will join forces with Darkstar.  In that there propably won't be new POVs, my guy Aero Hotah is likely to survive this and maybe join with them (hoping). They go off fighting together.  Only question is which direction--Stormlands or Reach?  I'm voting Stormlands.  

Sarella is a very likely ally for Sam.  However, exposing an FM should be a big deal particularly if the dynamic duo abscond with whatever it is that "Pate" is after.  I'm predicting boat travel will be impossible at that point and they have to ease on down a road, but where?  

Nym will have to cool her jets and be smarter in KL than she was in Dorne.  She will be in an excellent position to gather intel and even sew some dissent.  It's really too bad we won't get to read her thoughts because this character could be turned into something very very cool.  

Tyene is said to be so deceptively pretty and innocent looking.   In truth, she actually may be the snake with a heart.   She is the only family member who clues us in that Darkstar is innocent of whatever crime he was accused of during the family meeting.   I'm thinking she seduces the High Sparrow or is at least taken into his confidence.  

Have to throw in with all thoughts above regarding Elia.  It really sort of has to go that way, doesn't it?  

1. Actually  if I had to guess  Obara’s  most likely surprise destination it would have to be old town . But I could see the reach also 

2 Agreed this girl  won’t let anyone else smart/get the best of her  Obara is always the common comparison to Prince Oberyn  however my vote is Sarella or....

3. Lady Nym the assassin who wants 4 lives I agree she must cool her jets

4. Idk about this one lol

5. I disagree call me shallow or whatever but I’m picking Arianne in a millisecond at Faegon’s age

7 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Is Aegon a spanker? Or will Elia outjoust him? 

Sarella is deadly and Nymeria don’t give 1 or 2 f****

fAegon had better stop being such a vanilla little pussy if he wants to keep Elia.  He's scarcely more entertaining than Quentyn.  If you want to tame a Sand Snake, you better be paddling that ass.

I've never been one for prediction, but:

-Obara seems impulsive and headstrong. She will do something reckless and stupid that will jeopardise the assault on High Hermitage. And yeah, I agree, Ser Balon probably won't survive.

-Cersei will be LIVID when she finds a BASTARD is going to be sitting on HER small council (because that's how she views it). I wonder if Cersei will try to have Nym killed (which may or may not work). Mace won't be happy either since Nym is Oberyn's daughter, and, again, she's a bastard.

-I don't think we know enough about the High Sparrow to say how he'll react to Tyene. She is a septa's daughter, and I can see him going berserk about that (if she tells who she really is). If she succeeds in infiltrating the Faith, well … we'll see what happens.

-I believe that Sarella is Shae and thus already dead. But, IF Alleras is Sarella, then I think Sam will actually struggle to fall in with her lot since he is still so shy and afraid of everything. Alleras, being so confident and outgoing, seems like the kind of person who would come to find that grating, but what do I know?

-I agree with Young Griff falling for Elia.

So yeah, those are my two dragons.

On 6/20/2018 at 11:24 AM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I prefer to look at their overall effect on the plot.  They are agents of chaos.  Not different from Arya.  Basically out for revenge.  A cool plot is to have the Sand Snakes versus Arya.  Arya takes out one or two snakes and the remainder takes Arya out.  

7 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

-Cersei will be LIVID when she finds a BASTARD is going to be sitting on HER small council (because that's how she views it). I wonder if Cersei will try to have Nym killed (which may or may not work). Mace won't be happy either since Nym is Oberyn's daughter, and, again, she's a bastard.

A bastard sita on her council already. A bastard who has turned his cloak twice so far. Or rather, he sat.

23 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

I think Elia is there to trigger Jon Connington and for him to tells us what he knows about Rhaegar/Lyanna. That's not to mention that Young Griff may very well take interest in her instead of Arianne. I also think that Arianne is a bit of an idiot.

About Obara, I wonder if her and Hotah's orders are other than what we have been told on page. I don't know, it seems to me that Doran may have already alienated some families by exiling their heirs, or marrying off their daughter to some very old man. Him pinning the death of Arys Oakheart on Dayne's back seems a bridge too far and this certainly isn't justice or anything honorable. I'm still not certain he did anything to Myrcella. That scene was chaotic.

Lady Nym sitting on the small council with Cersei should be interesting. And the small council now has a lot of reachmen on it. I don't know if Cersei will keep all these people in place, but it will certainly make for some really interesting dynamic. And Lady Nym should come face to face with Robert Strong. I can see her being killed off.

Tyene with the Faith. Interestingly, there's another Dornishman there (I know the wiki says northman, but I am very convinced he is Dornish), Theodan Wells. He is the commander of the Warrior's Sons. So she's not wholly alone. Now one of Quentyn Martell's companions was from House Wells and he died off the coast of the Disputed Lands. I think there's a important connection here. 

Sarella is the one I am the most interested in. I think she is the most important Sand Snake, tbh. I am really looking forward to what she will be up to with Sam. I love the connections she has. Beyond that, I think that all these bookish people's value (Sam, Sarella, Willas Tyrell, Tyrion, Rodrik the Reader to name a few) is going to be upped in a really serious way. 

My only problem with Doran working with Dark star is that Dayne seemed certain that killing Myrcella would  be the best course of action in his opinion.  Unless he went rogue I don’t see his ideals aligning with Doran 

Lady Nym may  have more tricks up her sleeve against Robert strong than we think.  Hard to catch a guy that doesn’t use the bathroom or eat offguard though 

I completely agree with you that the intellectuals will have just as big of a role as the “Warriors” in the upcoming war 

22 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

A bastard sita on her council already. A bastard who has turned his cloak twice so far. Or rather, he sat.

It's one thing to CHOOSE to put a bastard on your council, it's another to have one sent. Also, I don't quite get the impression that Nym has the charisma of Aurane Waters (though we've only seen her twice, so who knows) in order to seduce Cersei.

Also, Cersei likes logic as much as she likes Tyrion, so there's no reason to expect a consistent, rational response from her.

My only problem with Doran working with Dark star is that Dayne seemed certain that killing Myrcella would  be the best course of action in his opinion.  Unless he went rogue I don’t see his ideals aligning with Doran 

I have a problem with that entire POV chapter, although I haven't read it in a while. We know that someone told on Arianne, her friends don't understand why she involved him at all in the Myrcella plot. What we know for sure is that he did not kill Arys Oakheart. The whole idea of sending Obara, Hotah and Balon Swann to root him out stinks of plotting to me. I think Doran could as easily asked Edric if he's back at Starfall or whomever is in charge there to deliver him because he attacked Myrcella which should be reason enough for them to do just that. Instead Doran sends his personal bodyguard, his hot-headed niece and a knight of the Kingsguard (a marcher lord's son no less) traveling the breadth of Dorne. 

I wonder though if they could turn Balon Swann.

Lady Nym may  have more tricks up her sleeve against Robert strong than we think.  Hard to catch a guy that doesn’t use the bathroom or eat offguard though 

Nymeria is beautiful, which will not go down well with Cersei at all. And she is a bastard of very noble blood. What's interesting is that Doran does give Nym what she wants in the end. He sends her to King's Landing with Tyene as she had requested. And Tyene knows her poisons very well, and enough to freak the maester out after she touches Doran. So I see them working in tandem. 

10 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

I've never been one for prediction, but:

-Obara seems impulsive and headstrong. She will do something reckless and stupid that will jeopardise the assault on High Hermitage. And yeah, I agree, Ser Balon probably won't survive.

-I don't think we know enough about the High Sparrow to say how he'll react to Tyene. She is a septa's daughter, and I can see him going berserk about that (if she tells who she really is). If she succeeds in infiltrating the Faith, well … we'll see what happens.

-I believe that Sarella is Shae and thus already dead. But, IF Alleras is Sarella, then I think Sam will actually struggle to fall in with her lot since he is still so shy and afraid of everything. Alleras, being so confident and outgoing, seems like the kind of person who would come to find that grating, but what do I know?

-I agree with Young Griff falling for Elia.

So yeah, those are my two dragons.

She already had a bastard on her small council. Aurane waters. So I doubt that will be a big deal 

Archived