Predictions for the Sand Snakes

On 6/22/2018 at 7:21 AM, Curled Finger said:

Obara will join forces with Darkstar

On 6/23/2018 at 10:51 AM, Giant Ice Spider said:

-Obara seems impulsive and headstrong. She will do something reckless and stupid that will jeopardise the assault on High Hermitage. And yeah, I agree, Ser Balon probably won't survive.

I think Obara may yet surprise us. She is described as lowborn brute, but her language is inconsistent with that image:

"That was praise," Obara Sand insisted. "Procrastinate, obscure, prevaricate, dissemble, and delay all you like, Uncle, Ser Balon must still come face-to-face with Myrcella at the Water Gardens, and when he does he's like to see she's short an ear.

To me this choice of words doesn't fit her image. Obara probably is smarter and more educated (self-educated?) than she looks.

I also think Doran sends her to High hermitage because he wants to get rid of her, but she may survive, maybe by joining Darkstar. Doran underestimates her.

3 hours ago, Pukisbaisals said:

I think Obara may yet surprise us. She is described as lowborn brute, but her language is inconsistent with that image:

To me this choice of words doesn't fit her image. Obara probably is smarter and more educated (self-educated?) than she looks.

I also think Doran sends her to High hermitage because he wants to get rid of her, but she may survive, maybe by joining Darkstar. Doran underestimates her.

She was raised at court, so it's unsurprising she would be capable of using polysyllabic words. Intelligence, however, does not equate to wisdom. Smart people can make dumb mistakes as easily as anyone else.

Archived