What if’s?

Mwm

ASOIAF is so remarkable in that if you change one decision; the entire series would shift a different turn. The series would be a great basis for a parallel reality storyline-such as all those in the marvel comics like the spiderverse(yes I know this is mad)

Freaking Jim Butcher tried to boasts there so many ways the Dresden Files could’ve gone and I’m like :lmao:

Anyway what are some situations you can spot?

My favorite is if Ned and Robert survived and organized the war themselves against Daenerys-Robert would’ve struggled with his weight and fighting, and it would’ve come into play the reveal of R+l=j and the discussion of saving Targaryen babies. (Usually this is a natural progression for a series with foreshadowing, but this is probably a trope Martin wanted to subvert...)

Robert was a absolute military genius. Not just a formidable fighter. People often forgot that. 

Brynden Tully as well. 

A united Westeros would not let Dany & her 3 dragons do a repeat of Aegon the Conqueror. 

I am afraid you will need to put to the sword of Houses with a drop of Valyrian blood to avoid dragonriders. Case in point: Brown Ben Plumm.

15 minutes ago, Frey Kings said:

Robert was a absolute military genius. Not just a formidable fighter. People often forgot that. 

Brynden Tully as well. 

A united Westeros would not let Dany & her 3 dragons do a repeat of Aegon the Conqueror.

Exactly; in season one where he’s talking about the Dothraki...seemed like a natural progression, but that’s not Martins way.

2 minutes ago, Frey Kings said:

If Ned did reveal R+L = J. Luckily Moat Cailin is strong to repeal southern invaders. And the North is big enough to have 3 dragons graze around openly until Viserys, Dan and Jon be able to tame & ride them.

He wouldn’t have had to be the one to reveal it; he’s surely not going to be the one in the main series! I’m hoping we see Howland Reed sometime or another.

3 hours ago, Mwm said:

ASOIAF is so remarkable in that if you change one decision; the entire series would shift a different turn. The series would be a great basis for a parallel reality storyline-such as all those in the marvel comics like the spiderverse(yes I know this is mad)

Freaking Jim Butcher tried to boasts there so many ways the Dresden Files could’ve gone and I’m like :lmao:

Anyway what are some situations you can spot?

My favorite is if Ned and Robert survived and organized the war themselves against Daenerys-Robert would’ve struggled with his weight and fighting, and it would’ve come into play the reveal of R+l=j and the discussion of saving Targaryen babies. (Usually this is a natural progression for a series with foreshadowing, but this is probably a trope Martin wanted to subvert...)

Cat not kidnapping Tyrion (which hamstrung Ned), Robb honouring his pledge to House Frey (taking back WF), Rhaegar calls for great council at tourney of Harrenhall (avoiding RR)... There are like one million of them :D

My fave would be Alicent Hightower falling off her horse and breaking her neck on the way to KL. Avoiding civil war and dragons going extinct.

44 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Cat not kidnapping Tyrion (which hamstrung Ned), Robb honouring his pledge to House Frey (taking back WF), Rhaegar calls for great council at tourney of Harrenhall (avoiding RR)... There are like one million of them :D

My fave would be Alicent Hightower falling off her horse and breaking her neck on the way to KL. Avoiding civil war and dragons going extinct.

You wanna go ancient history, keeping rhaenys alive would undermine how many events in the Sons Of The Dragon...

2 hours ago, Mwm said:

Martin didn’t say he was dead....in any case I don’t believe that’s the ends for Jon’s story.

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

but in this case Jon Snow the character is dead, just like how Catelyn Tully is dead

10 minutes ago, Frey Kings said:

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

but in this case Jon Snow the character is dead, just like how Catelyn Tully is dead

I certainly hope so for that. This is what they completely missed on the tv show. 

1 hour ago, Mwm said:

Brandon killing little finger would’ve changed everything...

So really this is all Cats fault...

Not really. It’s not like Petyr is the only one with a scheme. Not to mention you could argue it was Hoster’s fault for letting Petyr foster with House Tully in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

Not really. It’s not like Petyr is the only one with a scheme. Not to mention you could argue it was Hoster’s fault for letting Petyr foster with House Tully in the first place. 

His scheme is extremely subtle(for want of a better word-no one knows it’s him) and vast. I don’t recall any other characters being that far reaching with machinations.

He probably still would’ve been alive if hoster didn’t.

Archived