What if’s?

Mwm

5 minutes ago, Frey Kings said:

because he's dead and/or warged into Ghost 

And can you name the last direwolf king to sit the iron throne? 

In all the years this theory has been bandied about; I’ve never actually heard someone suggest that he was just saying Ghost as a cry for help...like take a chunk out of the ass of the people stabbing me dawg:lmao:

I thought you couldn’t warg if you were distracted

1 hour ago, Frey Kings said:

because he's dead and/or warged into Ghost 

Huh? Sorry, you lost me.

1 hour ago, Frey Kings said:

And can you name the last direwolf king to sit the iron throne? 

You are assuming Jon wants to become king of the 7K, something I strongly disagree with. And more, I sincerely hope he never gets anywhere near KL and that blasted hideous chair! :lol:

49 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Huh? Sorry, you lost me.

You are assuming Jon wants to become king of the 7K, something I strongly disagree with. And more, I sincerely hope he never gets anywhere near KL and that blasted hideous chair! :lol:

That’s probably a good case as to why he would become king...

6 hours ago, Mwm said:

His scheme is extremely subtle(for want of a better word-no one knows it’s him) and vast. I don’t recall any other characters being that far reaching with machinations.

He probably still would’ve been alive if hoster didn’t.

The point was that if Petyr was killed by Brandon, a lot of bad would have been averted, and the previous poster blamed Cat for asking Brandon to spare him. But my point is that’s unfair because you might as well blame Hoster for bringing him to Riverrun where he could fall in love with Catelyn and seduce Lysa. 

Sure, he’s still alive if he never fosters, but what would he have been? An extra clever minor lord on the Fingers. Nothing more. His only one chance to get where he is now was because of his relationship with the Tully girls. Without that, he’s stuck scrambling his way up a muddy hill slope for the rest of his life.

And also, no other character is as far reaching as Petyr? What about Varys? What about the Maester conspiracy (assuming that it’s true)?

32 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

The point was that if Petyr was killed by Brandon, a lot of bad would have been averted, and the previous poster blamed Cat for asking Brandon to spare him. But my point is that’s unfair because you might as well blame Hoster for bringing him to Riverrun where he could fall in love with Catelyn and seduce Lysa. 

Sure, he’s still alive if he never fosters, but what would he have been? An extra clever minor lord on the Fingers. Nothing more. His only one chance to get where he is now was because of his relationship with the Tully girls. Without that, he’s stuck scrambling his way up a muddy hill slope for the rest of his life.

And also, no other character is as far reaching as Petyr? What about Varys? What about the Maester conspiracy (assuming that it’s true)?

Varys has been conspiring for Aegon to ascend the throne.

Petyr has seeded severe chaos throughout a whole continent. 

We don’t even know what his ultimate goal is.

I’m not looking to get into it with you if you have some grievance against the character; I just like the way his part is plotted is all...

15 hours ago, Mwm said:

ASOIAF is so remarkable in that if you change one decision; the entire series would shift a different turn. The series would be a great basis for a parallel reality storyline-such as all those in the marvel comics like the spiderverse(yes I know this is mad)

Freaking Jim Butcher tried to boasts there so many ways the Dresden Files could’ve gone and I’m like :lmao:

Anyway what are some situations you can spot?

My favorite is if Ned and Robert survived and organized the war themselves against Daenerys-Robert would’ve struggled with his weight and fighting, and it would’ve come into play the reveal of R+l=j and the discussion of saving Targaryen babies. (Usually this is a natural progression for a series with foreshadowing, but this is probably a trope Martin wanted to subvert...)

I am a fan of Daenerys and would like to see her roast those gentlemen slowly if they were to fight against her. Like put them on a spit, rotisserie style.   It doesn't matter if Robert and Ned survived.  The threat of dragons would make the other noble houses turn against them in favor of Daenerys.  

One little "what if" that has crossed my mind a few times is... what if Jon had never joined the Night's Watch? His influence there on the characters around him was massive from the offset in many regards.

Also, had he not joined the Night's Watch, what would have been Ned's ultimate plan for him? Would he have found him a marriage, set him up as one of the new lords in the Gift? There's a lot of parallel universe fanfiction to be got out of that scenario. ;)

9 hours ago, Mwm said:

Varys has been conspiring for Aegon to ascend the throne.

Petyr has seeded severe chaos throughout a whole continent. 

We don’t even know what his ultimate goal is.

I’m not looking to get into it with you if you have some grievance against the character; I just like the way his part is plotted is all...

Rest assured you’re mistaken. I don’t wish to get into a thing with you. I agree that he’s a well written character. I might not root for him but I can certainly see why he would be admired.

22 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Rest assured you’re mistaken. I don’t wish to get into a thing with you. I agree that he’s a well written character. I might not root for him but I can certainly see why he would be admired.

Yeah...I’m done. The arrogance is really starting to smell.

8 minutes ago, Mwm said:

Yeah...I’m done. The arrogance is really starting to smell.

The arrogance was unintentional. Though you wouldn’t be the first to tell me that’s how I come across. Tbh it’s an issue I need to deal with.

What if Fa(r)t King didn't die, Dany got her dragons and offered Stannis to be her king? 

Stannis gets a chance to become a king, and with dragons no less, get back at Bobb for the love and honors he didn't give him and a chance to redeem himself by aiding the daughter of the king he didn't fulfill his duties to. Not to mention a young queen to get some sons he always wanted

From Stannis' mind set, it's the perfect oppurtunity.

• What if, instead of betraying Robb, Theon tells his father exactly where to stick himself?
  • What if Tyrion never met Tysha?
  • What if Jaime never fell for Cersei?
  • What if Joffrey was a nice guy?
  • What if the Starks never find the direwolves?
  • What if Arya reveals herself to Roose Bolton after the weasel soup?

So many questions

Archived