Star Trek: TNG to return?

Rhom

Projects pitched to CBS to include a TNG reunion?

According to Variety, Kurtzman (who was recently tapped to showrun Star Trek: Discovery after the current showrunners departed following claims of abusive behavior towards their writing staff) has been signed into a five-year contract with the goal of developing new Trek content for television. These shows may be mini-series, animated, you name it. Here are the projects reportedly being tossed around at this moment:

• A series set at Starfleet Academy from the creators of Marvel’s Runaways, currently airing on Hulu.
  • A limited series with plot details yet to be released. This is rumored to be a Star Trek: The Next Generation reunion, as Variety reports that Kurtzman is also trying to woo back Patrick Stewart to reprise his role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
  • An animated series, also with plot details yet to be released.
  • Another limited series based around Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It is unclear if that means the character of Khan himself, or something related to what happened in the TOS film.

I remain skeptical and apprehensive regarding all of this for the time being.  I still haven't watched Discovery and I'm still salty over the whole Kelvin Timeline mess...

I think, really, I just want to be those Star Wars Idiots claiming to want to redo TLJ by declaring they've been give 200 million to do a remake noone actually wants...so I can do but, "my way"...

Archived