Litterfingers fate in Winds...

Mwm

I broadly agree.  It wouldn't have been identical to the show and because we would have seen the thought processes behind it, it would have been less hurried and more nuanced.

But in broad terms I do think Littlefinger would've tried to play the Starks off one another, quite probably the sisters.  And then he would have been publicly ambushed by the Stark sisters, primarily because Sansa had outplayed him (armed with the knowledge from Bran).  And then I do believe it would have been Arya who carries out the sentence.

The one thing the show didn't reveal, that I think the books were leading to, was that Littlefinger was also behind Joffrey's decision to behead Eddard instead of sending him to the Wall.  Too much was made of it in the books about how sudden it was and how it took everyone by surprise, including Varys.  It has Littlefinger's prints all over it.  I think that would have been the Bran reveal.

57 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

I broadly agree.  It wouldn't have been identical to the show and because we would have seen the thought processes behind it, it would have been less hurried and more nuanced.

But in broad terms I do think Littlefinger would've tried to play the Starks off one another, quite probably the sisters.  And then he would have been publicly ambushed by the Stark sisters, primarily because Sansa had outplayed him (armed with the knowledge from Bran).  And then I do believe it would have been Arya who carries out the sentence.

The one thing the show didn't reveal, that I think the books were leading to, was that Littlefinger was also behind Joffrey's decision to behead Eddard instead of sending him to the Wall.  Too much was made of it in the books about how sudden it was and how it took everyone by surprise, including Varys.  It has Littlefinger's prints all over it.  I think that would have been the Bran reveal.

Exactly this :agree:

I think LF will survive until the last book and his death will be very different from the show.  After all Sansa' motivation will be different.  In the books, of course, she isn't married to Ramsay Bolton.  I also think that it is possible that GRRM will go with the irony of having LF die for a crime that he hasn't committed rather than one of the countless that he has. 

On 6/23/2018 at 1:52 PM, Byfort of Corfe said:

I think LF will survive until the last book and his death will be very different from the show.  After all Sansa' motivation will be different.  In the books, of course, she isn't married to Ramsay Bolton.  I also think that it is possible that GRRM will go with the irony of having LF die for a crime that he hasn't committed rather than one of the countless that he has. 

Oh yeah; I meant primarily with bran pointing everything out...

For a crime he didn’t commit, I couldn’t really see that, unless its by a complete accident he couldn’t foresee-like a rogue arrow in battle odds...

I don't think it will be the same as the show, but kinda the same idea... if that makes sense. I could definitely see him dying from a plot he is trying to put into motion and makes a huge mistake. Personally, I want to see Varys take him down, they always seemed to be the perfect frienamies. I think Sansa and Arya in the books are going to be two very different things than what they are doing in the show.

In the book verse, Sansa has enough information herself on how LF and Lysa's machinations lead to Wot5K, and the downfall of Sansa's family.  She just needs to really think about all she has seen and heard (Lysa's drunken confessions for starters). 

Bran knows everything is so easy. GRRM has to do better.

I'm sure Tyrion knows much of Ned's betrayal by LF and Janos Slynt. And Varys would know even more. LF himself may say things that will have Sansa thinking. But I would love if it was something Lysa told Robin and Robin repeated to Sansa, unaware of the significance.

There are plenty of possibilities for Sansa to know.

Archived