House Darry

What do you consider a fitting reward for this house should the Targaryens come back to power.  Mind you, when I say Targaryen, I mean Daenerys.  There are no true born Darrys left but there might be a few bastards that can be made legit.   Willem gave up everything to protect and to raise those children.  I am of a mind to give them the lordship over the river lands.

Gatehouse Ami's mother the rightful Lady of Darry, since all Darry's sons are dead. Her heir is GAtehouse Ami, who married Lancel Lannister.

The Targaryens, unlike the Lannisters, don't always pay their debts, and I think this will be one such occasion.

EDIT: Gatehouse Ami's mother/Merrett's wife is Mariya Darry. Her name just came to me.

Just now, Giant Ice Spider said:

Gatehouse Ami's mother the rightful Lady of Darry, since all Darry's sons are dead. Her heir is GAtehouse Ami, who married Lancel Lannister.

The Targaryens, unlike the Lannisters, don't always pay their debts, and I think this will be one such occasion.

EDIT: Gatehouse Ami's mother/Merrett's wife is Mariya Darry. Her name just came to me.

The marriage is unconsummated.  Hence it can be annulled.  There is no proof without children even if it was consummated.

4 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The marriage is unconsummated.  Hence it can be annulled.  There is no proof without children even if it was consummated.

There were witnesses, and unlike Tyrion and Tysha's wedding, they weren't pigs either.

The marriage could only be annulled by a High Septon or a Council of Faith. I supposed the marriage was dissolved when Lancel joined the Swords, but it still happened. And besides:

1. The Freys are still tied to House Lannister through Emmon and Daven.
  2. They showed up late to the Trident (which won't impress Targ loyalists one bit)
  3. Like, everybody hates them right now.

For Dany to reward Mariya or Ami by confirming their claim to Darry would probably cost more allies than it would gain.

35 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

What do you consider a fitting reward for this house should the Targaryens come back to power.  Mind you, when I say Targaryen, I mean Daenerys.  There are no true born Darrys left but there might be a few bastards that can be made legit.   Willem gave up everything to protect and to raise those children.  I am of a mind to give them the lordship over the river lands.

Give GAmie the right to have her children bear the name Dairy.

Raising up a bastard is controversial but yeah.  Give them the title to the Darry lands and Riverun.  The Tullys have proven disloyal and should lose their titles.   That is what the Lannisters already did with a Writ of Attainder against Edmure.   Simply do not give Edmure his titles and his lands back.

6 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

Raising up a bastard is controversial but yeah.  Give them the title to the Darry lands and Riverun. 

Why would she need to raise a bastard up when there are two living nieces of her guardian Willem Darry, and both of those daughters are currently at Riverrun and Darry.  Jeyne Darry even named her second son after Willem. 

19 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Yeah, look them all up and restore whomever proves most like Willem. Or not, he wasn't very nice to servants - also maybe a bit thick. Like, why didn't he see to a replacement when he knew he was dying? Or at least prepare Viserys to takes treasures and leave for wherever by boat before dying? 

19 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

Don't forget we also have Fat Walda :dunno:

35 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Yeah, look them all up and restore whomever proves most like Willem. Or not, he wasn't very nice to servants - also maybe a bit thick. Like, why didn't he see to a replacement when he knew he was dying? Or at least prepare Viserys to takes treasures and leave for wherever by boat before dying? 

Don't forget we also have Fat Walda :dunno:

Fat Walda is the younger sister, so I'm a-Frey-d (I'm not even going to apologise for that) she gets nothing. Same goes for Marissa.

56 minutes ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

Fat Walda is the younger sister, so I'm a-Frey-d (I'm not even going to apologise for that) she gets nothing. Same goes for Marissa.

Right so. I'd rather go with a bastard but who knows - house Frey still have some time to feather the Lannisters and/or Boltons in the back and kind of restore themselves.

1 minute ago, Sigella said:

Right so. I'd rather go with a bastard but who knows - house Frey still have some time to feather the Lannisters and/or Boltons in the back and kind of restore themselves.

Both daughters married before the Rebellion, Jeyne would not exactly be consulted by Tywin or Jaime on their actions towards House Targaryen. Why would Dany want to reward a bastard grandson of the last Lord of Darry over his own daughters? 

Would she herself cede the crown to Jon if she found out he was Rhaegar's bastard? 

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

I think it's a bit late for House Frey, tbh. They certainly can't redeem themselves in my eyes, and I reckon Westeros agrees with me.

We haven't heard of any bastards and I doubt we will. Darry just isn't important enough. I suppose LIttle Walder is a bastard, but in a very different meaning of the word lol

3 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

I think it's a bit late for House Frey, tbh. They certainly can't redeem themselves in my eyes, and I reckon Westeros agrees with me.

We haven't heard of any bastards and I doubt we will. Darry just isn't important enough. I suppose LIttle Walder is a bastard, but in a very different meaning of the word lol

"They certainly can't redeem themselves in my eyes, and I reckon Westeros agrees with me."

My dear sir, I take great issue with this sentiment of yours.  House Frey served the greater need of the realm when they participated in the removal of dangerous rebels.  The Starks rebelled.  Need I remind, the Stark patriarch confessed to treason in public.   Walder Frey did the realm a favor when he stopped the Stark rebellion.   He was following the instructions from King's Landing like all loyal lords would do.   Ned Stark and Stannis Baratheon were never able to prove the Lannister's theft of the throne.   He was king as far as most of the people of Westeros are concerned. 

Joking aside, hate the Freys if you must.  That is the privilege of a fan.  

6 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

But is it really so small of a deal? We hear about them all the time (ser Willem caring for Dany and Viserys, Castle where Lady is killed, Jaime's visit, having Targ-tepestries and some more I can't remember right now) and it seems some pay off wouldn't be completely unlikely.

15 hours ago, Sigella said:

But is it really so small of a deal? We hear about them all the time (ser Willem caring for Dany and Viserys, Castle where Lady is killed, Jaime's visit, having Targ-tepestries and some more I can't remember right now) and it seems some pay off wouldn't be completely unlikely.

Castle Darry may be significant, but I'm not sure that House that once rules there is.

Everything about Dany's early life should be taken with a kilo of salt (lemon trees, anyone?), and Ser Raymun Darry and his son had very little to do with the events of AGOT.

3 hours ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

Castle Darry may be significant, but I'm not sure that House that once rules there is.

Everything about Dany's early life should be taken with a kilo of salt (lemon trees, anyone?), and Ser Raymun Darry and his son had very little to do with the events of AGOT.

Dany has the warm fuzzies for Ser Willem and she plans to conquer Westeros so her gratitude isn't insignificant (lemon trees or no :D )

Doesn't matter what we think though, GRRM will write it one way or another and our opinions aren't likely to make any difference.

Archived