King Aurane Waters is the only fit consort for Daenerys Targaryen

Frey Kings

He's a King

He's more handsome than Rhaegar and not horse faced like the other one.>>>

He has his own formidable fleet combined with his House's fleet back on Driftmark

A marriage with Daenerys won't hurt the line of succession with House Valaryon

There's as much Velaryon blood in Targaryens as Targaryen blood in Valaryons

He won't have a hard time taming a dragon

He has no sign of the Targaryen madness, so their offsprings will be good (Daenerys on the other hand...)

He's a pirate, She's a liberator, opposites do attract 

So lets give him a dragon to go with his awesome new fleet. 

Aurane has grey-green eyes just like Littlefinger along with LF's sense of humor. He also stole Cersei's ships thus keeping her power contained. Pretty big hints to me as to who he's working for...

AFFC Cersei IV

"I would think so, my lord," Aurane Waters said dryly. "I am told that removing the head from the body is often mortal."

"Stannis will need another Hand," observed Aurane Waters with a chuckle. "The turnip knight, perhaps?"

5 hours ago, Frey Kings said:

He's a King

He's more handsome than Rhaegar and not horse faced like the other one.>>>

He has his own formidable fleet combined with his House's fleet back on Driftmark

A marriage with Daenerys won't hurt the line of succession with House Valaryon

There's as much Velaryon blood in Targaryens as Targaryen blood in Valaryons

He won't have a hard time taming a dragon

He has no sign of the Targaryen madness, so their offsprings will be good (Daenerys on the other hand...)

He's a pirate, She's a liberator, opposites do attract 

So lets give him a dragon to go with his awesome new fleet. 

A temporary lover maybe.  No way for a husband.  He's illegitimate.  

14 hours ago, Ian Nottingham said:

A temporary lover maybe.  No way for a husband.  He's illegitimate.  

So is everyone's favorite ship, but that isn't stopping it so far. His fleet and his standing aren't enough for Dany. If and God I hope not but if Snow ends up becoming KITN then he are maybe a victorious Stannis and Euron are the best options.  I vote Euron she hasn't shone a lot of good judgement when picking her male partners.

Just now, TPTWP Timett said:

So is everyone's favorite ship, but that isn't stopping it so far. His fleet and his standing aren't enough for Dany. If and God I hope not but if Snow ends up becoming KITN then he are maybe a victorious Stannis and Euron are the best options.  I vote Euron she hasn't soon a lot of good judgement when picking her male partners.

Well if Jon ends up in a leadership position again then we have more disasters to worry about than Aurane Waters.  Jon already caused a big mess at the wall.  I trust there is no need to go over this again because we have discussed this time and again on this forum, Jon's treason.  Putting him in charge of the north, would ensure victory for the armies of ice.  Might as well consider the north the sacrificial buffer zone between the important south and the white walkers.  

10 hours ago, Lollygag said:

Aurane has grey-green eyes just like Littlefinger along with LF's sense of humor. He also stole Cersei's ships thus keeping her power contained. Pretty big hints to me as to who he's working for...

AFFC Cersei IV

"I would think so, my lord," Aurane Waters said dryly. "I am told that removing the head from the body is often mortal."

"Stannis will need another Hand," observed Aurane Waters with a chuckle. "The turnip knight, perhaps?"

The interesting thing about this is that Aurane will find out that Salladhor Saan has left Stannis's service, probably from the man himself since they are both hanging out in the Stepstones.

20 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

The interesting thing about this is that Aurane will find out that Salladhor Saan has left Stannis's service, probably from the man himself since they are both hanging out in the Stepstones.

Stannis needs/will eventually need a navy. Aurane needs legitimacy and I'm not just thinking about him being a bastard. Not that I think Stannis will return south any time soon, if ever, but returning to Stannis at the head of a fleet of dromonds stolen from the royal fleet no less is a sure way to secure, legitimization, office and a lordship much better than Driftmark. Or he can keep to himself with his slow dromonds with expensive upkeep, playing pirate king for a time.

51 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Stannis needs/will eventually need a navy. Aurane needs legitimacy and I'm not just thinking about him being a bastard. Not that I think Stannis will return south any time soon, if ever, but returning to Stannis at the head of a fleet of dromonds stolen from the royal fleet no less is a sure way to secure, legitimization, office and a lordship much better than Driftmark. Or he can keep to himself with his slow dromonds with expensive upkeep, playing pirate king for a time.

I think it all depends how things go for Stannis in the north. Wyman Manderly has the ships he and the Umbers were commanded to build by Rodrik Cassel, hidden up the White Knife. And Davos now has this information. He has not only seen some of the ships, but the information was confirmed to him directly by Manderly. The north does have something of a war fleet. Forty-six ships is not a huge number but those ships are there.

I think that Aurane may be in possession of a lot of information due to being at and around the Stepstones. It's what he does with the information that will be interesting.

The Golden Company was scattered after Lys because of a storm. Some of it landed at the Stepstones. He was the one who brought Cersei the information that they had broken contract with Myr and that the talk was that they were hired by Stannis. He might have an interest in finding out exactly what's going on with them. So he might find out about Aegon if those men have loose lips.

He would know from Salla that Stannis is in the north with no fleet. But it's also winter up there.

He would also know about Victarion and the Iron Fleet sailing for Slaver's Bay since they stop at the Stepstones to take on supplies. So he might get confirmation of Dany and the dragons that way.

13 hours ago, Ian Nottingham said:

Well if Jon ends up in a leadership position again then we have more disasters to worry about than Aurane Waters.  Jon already caused a big mess at the wall.  I trust there is no need to go over this again because we have discussed this time and again on this forum, Jon's treason.  Putting him in charge of the north, would ensure victory for the armies of ice.  Might as well consider the north the sacrificial buffer zone between the important south and the white walkers.  

Wow I had to re-read this just to process the amount of crap that you just wrote. Jon is the best and only person who can unite the North and get others to realize the threat of the WW. The Wall is in a better position now than it has been in a long time with the Wildlings taking up positions in the unmanned castles and the deal with the Iron Bank. Jon’s story isn’t meant to spend his life sitting in Castle Black.

13 hours ago, Ian Nottingham said:

I agree wholeheartedly I was just pointing out that when you have dragons you can marry who you want bastard or not. To that point I don't really see anyone besides Stannis and Euron as a useful marriage. That puts Dany in a awkward position on who to marry because anyone could pick those two apart as potential partners for her. Waters is going to have to increase his political standing to have a chance in my eyes I can't see him pulling it off.

20 hours ago, TPTWP Timett said:

a victorious Stannis and Euron are the best options.

Agreed. Stannis has more then 1/4 Targaryen's blood, perhaps enough to become a dragon rider, he also has the Iron Bank's backing. Euron seemed to be Dany's type, a Daario 2.0 that has a huge navy. I say she marries them both.

10 hours ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

Do you think he can avoid Euron's armada of death?  Euron has experience going for his side.  He holds the slight advantage over Aurane.  Better seaman against newer ships.

Good question I don't think he has a chance against Euron at sea. So Aurane isn't looking good.

Aurane just doesn't have enough ships.

His ships are HUGE, don't get me wrong (so huge I'm surprised they can move or float), but he only has ten. Ten does not an armada make.

Also, does Dany really want anything to do with a ship called the Lord Tywin? I'm not sure she does.

15 minutes ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

Also, does Dany really want anything to do with a ship called the Lord Tywin? I'm not sure she does.

That has to be the simplests problem ever to solve. Just get a bucket of pain and rename it the HMS Aegon or something.

Will Dany want anything to do with the man who might destroy Oldtown? Euron isn't a bad boy. Euron is a straight up psycho. He is a child molester and the shit he has done in the Damphair sample chapter is absolutely fucked up. 

She may not know who he is, but Barristan and Jorah and Tyrion would know the man at least by reputation. And so would his brother who now wants her for himself.

ETA - I just remembered that Aurane was at King's Landing when the Red Wedding happened. Salla is the one who brought that news to Davos and Stannis. So there's a chance he could have passed that information on to one of his trading ships that had stopped at King's Landing. 

1 hour ago, Ylath's Snout said:

That has to be the simplests problem ever to solve. Just get a bucket of pain and rename it the HMS Aegon or something.

There are 800 oarsmen on that ship, and probably quite a few other crewmen besides. All it takes is one drunkard being like "I know we call the 'Good King Maegor' but it's always gonna be the 'Lord Tywin' to me" and Dany's like, "I think it needs a lick of paint. A fiery red colour, maybe, or a pale green or even a creamy white?" and it goes up in flames.

1 hour ago, Giant Ice Spider said:

There are 800 oarsmen on that ship, and probably quite a few other crewmen besides. All it takes is one drunkard being like "I know we call the 'Good King Maegor' but it's always gonna be the 'Lord Tywin' to me" and Dany's like, "I think it needs a lick of paint. A fiery red colour, maybe, or a pale green or even a creamy white?" and it goes up in flames.

If she was that crazy the name of a boat is something she'd burn it and it's whole crew for the name itself is the least of her or anyone else's problems.

Archived