Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Spoiler Thread

Jaxom 1974

I actually dont know if I've got spoilers ag the moment, but I titled the thread that way, just in case.

I don't know if it was a really good movie, nor do I think it warranted the B+ Entertainment Weekly gave it, but it was everything and more my dinosaur and Jurassic Park obsessed 8 year old could want...

The elephant in the room is the child in the film...not hard to figure out who she was, but man what a can of worms they opened there.  Absolutely going in directions Michael Crichton was likely not planning...

Yeah, I thought that Goldblum's dire warning at the end lost some of its potency because of the possibility of human cloning, and other genetic manipulations.

I did love seeing assholes getting eaten by dinosaurs, but other than that just as mediocre as its predecessor.

It started out kinda like The Lost World, then went a little James Bondy with the villain's master plan in the big mansion, then it turned into haunted mansion with dinosaurs.

Went with my friend to see the film yesterday. Was disappointed. Dinos being transported to the states didn’t work for me in Lost World and didn’t work for me here either. I don’t expect the wheel to be reinvented with a JP movie but this was pretty bad imo. I also agree about the kid cloning. Seemed like an unnecessary plot to throw into the movie. 

This was bad. Plot and dialog were atrocious. Little girl unleashed a bunch of ravenous dinosaurs on humanity that are going to kill countless people, and no one seemed too bothered by it nor will there be any consequences in the sequel.

You can tell these movies are made for international market, though. No character development, thin plot, lot's of shit blowing up and people getting eaten.

8 minutes ago, sperry said:

You can tell these movies are made for international market, though. No character development, thin plot, lot's of shit blowing up and people getting eaten.

Yes. And 8 years old dino nuts.  Little Jax loves this stuff to a fault.  Ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he says he wants to bring dinosaurs back, never mind there is 5 movies starting why this is a bad idea...

That being said, I cannot fathom how the third part of this apparent trilogy does anything with dinosaurs that appeals to the young dino enthusiast.  This movie stretched that idea as it was.

And yes, I realize saying that, these movies aren't really dinosaur movies...

4 hours ago, sperry said:

This was bad. Plot and dialog were atrocious. Little girl unleashed a bunch of ravenous dinosaurs on humanity that are going to kill countless people, and no one seemed too bothered by it nor will there be any consequences in the sequel.

Agreed the plot and characters were all pretty bad. This is definitely the weakest in the franchise. However, you forgot to mention the criminally low amount of Jeff Goldblum in this film. I hope you didn't watch a trailer for JW2 or you spoiled his entire appearance for yourself. With the amount of press he was doing for this film I really thought he'd have a larger roll in the last two acts. :(

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Eh gods, Jurrasic World was fucking terrible, I hate to think of how bad this sequel to the worthless reboot must be.

They did at least make several nods to whats her names high heels from that movie.

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

Seems a universal opinion so far, damn weak movie. Is it a requirement now to have a T rex save humans and give the patented T rex roar?

Haven't seen it yet, but every review I've seen skewered it. One thing that stands out is a lot of people found it to be boring. How the hell do you make a Jurassic Park movie boring? Even the third film, terrible as it is, had a few fun, tense moments.

I saw this and it was pretty much what I expected, not what I had hoped.

In the end it got to where I wanted them to go, dinosaurs escaping into the wider world, but they took the whole movie to get there and the route they took was stupid.

5 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Haven't seen it yet, but every review I've seen skewered it. One thing that stands out is a lot of people found it to be boring. How the hell do you make a Jurassic Park movie boring? Even the third film, terrible as it is, had a few fun, tense moments.

The bird cage almost singlehandedly justifies the movie.

Almost.

Archived