Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Spoiler Thread

Jaxom 1974

1 minute ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Don't get sneezed on, Jace who just got eliminated from the World Cup.

:P

Yeah. :( But the good news is that I found some Iced Animal Cookies in the vending machine! I don't think I've eaten these things for at least a decade. Not as tasty as I remember. In fact, I don't think I'm gonna finish them.

I threw them away.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:44 PM, sperry said:

Little girl unleashed a bunch of ravenous dinosaurs on humanity that are going to kill countless people, and no one seemed too bothered by it nor will there be any consequences in the sequel.

Nah, the whole revival trilogy has been building to the idea of dinosaurs out in the wild and enslaved for military use. Trevorrow has said as much and he's returning to direct the next one. 

It probably won't be a good movie, but it will be about dinosaurs on the mainland and maybe human cloning and also that little girl totally had raptor eyes. 

On 6/24/2018 at 10:44 PM, sperry said:

Little girl unleashed a bunch of ravenous dinosaurs on humanity that are going to kill countless people, and no one seemed too bothered by it nor will there be any consequences in the sequel.

Didn't she release like 12 dinosaurs?  Most of which were herbivores?  Not exactly the end of the world.

40 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Didn't she release like 12 dinosaurs?  Most of which were herbivores?  Not exactly the end of the world.

Well there was a raptor and more than one teradactyls, plus a few of the meat eating little annoying ones. Was Blue a girl? If so I am sure she was pregnant, if not then he will lay eggs on his own, as the poster above says, life finds a way.

3 hours ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

Blue was the last raptor...supposedly...which means, yeah, she's likely pregnant...expect I expect Owen will be the father...

I assume they'll say she got pregnant due to the T Rex blood transfusion and have little hybrid babies.

20 hours ago, Slurktan said:

There were some carnivores as well.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:38 AM, RumHam said:

Nah, the whole revival trilogy has been building to the idea of dinosaurs out in the wild and enslaved for military use. Trevorrow has said as much and he's returning to direct the next one. 

It probably won't be a good movie, but it will be about dinosaurs on the mainland and maybe human cloning and also that little girl totally had raptor eyes. 

I meant consequences for the girl for unleashing animals that are going to kill a bunch of people.

13 hours ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

Blue was the last raptor...supposedly...which means, yeah, she's likely pregnant...expect I expect Owen will be the father...

Heh. They did make a point of showing the DNA samples so I assume the idea is that some unscrupulous person will clone more raptors. Then they'll probably have to track down Blue and make her fight them or lead them or some bullshit. 

1 hour ago, sperry said:

There were some carnivores as well.

I meant consequences for the girl for unleashing animals that are going to kill a bunch of people.

Oooh. I mean for all we know they sent her to her room that night without dinner.  I dunno what else they could really do to a ten(?) year old for freeing dinosaurs. Except sue the crap out of her assuming she inherited all Lockwood's money. 

I wonder what they're gonna do with the T-Rex. They shouldn't kill her off-screen but logically that's what should happen. Nobody is gonna see that thing wandering around and not shoot it to death. 

27 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Heh. They did make a point of showing the DNA samples so I assume the idea is that some unscrupulous person will clone more raptors. Then they'll probably have to track down Blue and make her fight them or lead them or some bullshit. 

Oooh. I mean for all we know they sent her to her room that night without dinner.  I dunno what else they could really do to a ten(?) year old for freeing dinosaurs. Except sue the crap out of her assuming she inherited all Lockwood's money. 

I wonder what they're gonna do with the T-Rex. They shouldn't kill her off-screen but logically that's what should happen. Nobody is gonna see that thing wandering around and not shoot it to death. 

I would assume she inherits the money and uses it to actually free the remaining dinosaurs to an island and has protection set up for them, happy ending to the trilogy.

I just saw this movie, and I have to say I didn't think it was bad as the reviews are all saying. Sure, there are some plot holes and some absurdly lax security (such as opening the back of the T-Rex truck with a regulation unlocked bolt), but taken as a whole, the movie was exciting and suspenseful and an enjoyable watch. There were some predictable moments (the old man being murdered, various times when bad guys got eaten) but I would say it was a fun film if you could suspend disbelief.

I too thought the little girl would turn out to be some sort of crazy half-dinosaur Raptor girl given the way she was sneaking around the house.

Also just seen the film and rather enjoyed it. 

Having already been partly spoiled, I was watching Maisie closely for signs of having bits of dinosaur in her DNA. In the end, I'm not sure if this was the director's plan, or if it was just setting her up as a parallel genetic creation - for example, the scene when the lights come on and we're shown a mixture of her face and the indo-raptor's jaws through the reflection in the window was done partly for jumps, but was also a clear attempt to make the audience connect the two in their heads.

The dinosaur/girl girl/dinosaur mix is built up throughout the movie. Maisie is given dinosaur-like characteristics - her cool when clambering round the house, her fondness for creeping up on her nanny and ambushing her, while the indo-raptor is given human-like characteristics - the claws have been designed to look remarkably like hands, it has a excellent grasp of technology (which seems like one of the most wildly implausible elements of the movie, but then captive octopuses have been known to break the lights in labs with streams of water and sabotage experiments, so maybe it's not that implausible), and when the dino-monster was in the girl's room, it seemed almost gentle. (Obviously deranged and dangerous, but the way it was being animated totally changed). 

Actually, if I thought this movie was building towards anything, it's that the girl has a bit of dinosaur DNA, and the dinosaur has a bit of human DNA. Because in this and the last JW film, the bad guys have kept on obsessing about what marvellous predators their hybrids are. If someone asked a biologist what the greatest predator on Earth was at the moment, I think they'd probably nominate some kind of appalling invertebrate - the kinds of insects that crawl inside living beings and lay their eggs there, probably. But if you asked the same question of me or any other person in the street, I think the answer would be - homo sapiens. 

As I walked out of the cinema, a seagull was stalking along the pavement, and it gave me a lingering, disapproving stare with one yellow eye. I walked faster, and wondered as I went whether the ample seagull guano on top of the head of the statue of Nye Bevan meant that dinosaurs would disapprove of the welfare state. 

NB: Disappointed the plutocrats didn't all get eaten by the dinosaurs they'd just bought. Quite fun to watch them bouncing off the walls, however, though the film seemed to be verging on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them territory at that point. 

49 minutes ago, dog-days said:

snip

The Maise is part raptor or "was improved with dino dna" thing will probably be the first plot twist of the next movie. Something like Lockwood wanted to give her better eye-sight and reflexes so she could... die less than his real daughter. 

Considering your points about the Indoraptor's behavior I wonder if we'll get a scene in the sequal similar to Alien 3 where the monster gets scary close but then lets someone go and no one understands why. 

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. So it was 'better' than the first Jurassic World but also 100 times as fucking stupid. And Jurassic World was pretty damn stupid.

What saves the movie is decent scene structuring with the dumb ass indyraptor and great Foley.

3 hours ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

For the record: I cheered s little when the primary hunter guy got eaten bythe Indoraptor...

Generally there was a lot of payoff in this film in that all the bad guys get eaten, which did make it enjoyable. The mercenary boss, the auctioneer, and then the evil corporate guy right at the end. We basically don't have any characters left apart from the protagonists.

Also, reflecting on the movie, I have to say I really enjoyed the opening scene with the submersible, mosasaur, and the unfortunate tech guy. Great suspense and the perfect prologue.

1 hour ago, Jeor said:

Generally there was a lot of payoff in this film in that all the bad guys get eaten, which did make it enjoyable. The mercenary boss, the auctioneer, and then the evil corporate guy right at the end. We basically don't have any characters left apart from the protagonists.

Also, reflecting on the movie, I have to say I really enjoyed the opening scene with the submersible, mosasaur, and the unfortunate tech guy. Great suspense and the perfect prologue.

Agreed about that opening. Easily the standout sequence from an otherwise poor film.

Archived