Who will Sansa marry?

Arya Greyjoy

Trying to think of something to say about Harry. I found a few meta things in the Winds chapter (posted here); but in all else he perfectly fits as that minor character who gets killed in the next scene. He's a one-dimensional non-entity. Admittedly, so was Jaime in the early chapters, but Jaime has had a lot of page space to develop into an interesting character, and progress has been so very slow. Harry hasn't got time. I think his only purpose is as a shadow character, demonstrating how easy it is for our heroes to fail and die.

7 hours ago, dmfn said:

How about Edric Storm, King Robert's only acknowledged bastard? With the potential deaths of all the other Baratheon males (that i know of), a legitimized bastard and heir to Storm's End might make a good political match. Her name and rank would lend strength to his otherwise strong claim on the Stormlands. It wouldn't be a first for the Baratheons.

If Sansa is the only claimant to Winterfell, then no. Edric is potentially the only claimant to the Stormlands if Stannis and Shireen die. Therefore that is too much power split across Westeros. The only way I would see such a match working is if another Stark is leading the North - Bran, Rickon or Jon - which would leave Sansa to make such an alliance. If she is running the show, however, Edric is potentially too likely to rule in his own right. Again, she's ideally need someone who isn't going to inherit anything to forego his family name and act ideally as the "face of the army" for the North.

2 minutes ago, Faera said:

If Sansa is the only claimant to Winterfell, then no. Edric is potentially the only claimant to the Stormlands if Stannis and Shireen die. Therefore that is too much power split across Westeros. The only way I would see such a match working is if another Stark is leading the North - Bran, Rickon or Jon - which would leave Sansa to make such an alliance. If she is running the show, however, Edric is potentially too likely to rule in his own right. Again, she's ideally need someone who isn't going to inherit anything to forego his family name and act ideally as the "face of the army" for the North.

But we don't want a world with no Jon :(

40 minutes ago, dmfn said:

But we don't want a world with no Jon :(

Jon can still be alive but Sansa be ruling Winterfell. He might be the King of all by the end for all we know.

14 hours ago, Faera said:

Jon can still be alive but Sansa be ruling Winterfell. He might be the King of all by the end for all we know.

Oh yeah, duh 

Totally missed that one 

On 8/4/2018 at 2:20 AM, Trefayne said:

Also as you say, having a sympathetic party on the throne is very helpful, but not entirely necessary if the High Septon is of independent thought and action.

True. Except the present High Septon has already given Tommen his blessing.

It appears to me that the High Septon would be unapproachable at this point in time of the story.

On 8/4/2018 at 2:20 AM, Trefayne said:

But first, Sansa has to announce herself in order for any of these to occur.

I have read posts that speculate there are people who suspect that LF's daughter is Sansa Stark Lannister. I just dunna know how this is going to play out considering charade LF and Sansa are playing.

Ramsey is lord of WF through fArya. Ramsey's meal ticket is missing. Tyrion would be lord of WF through Sansa. Except both Sansa & Tyrion are fugitives in hiding for regicide.

Add in Manderly's plan to get Rickon.

The forum used to be fierce when it came to Sansa threads. All I am saying is the question of who Sansa is going to marry is useless. :)

4 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I have read posts that speculate there are people who suspect that LF's daughter is Sansa Stark Lannister. I just dunna know how this is going to play out considering charade LF and Sansa are playing.

Ramsey is lord of WF through fArya. Ramsey's meal ticket is missing. Tyrion would be lord of WF through Sansa. Except both Sansa & Tyrion are fugitives in hiding for regicide.

Add in Manderly's plan to get Rickon.

The forum used to be fierce when it came to Sansa threads. All I am saying is the question of who Sansa is going to marry is useless. :)

Wait... there’s a theory that suggests that Sansa is actually Littlefinger’s daughter?

3 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Wait... there’s a theory that suggests that Sansa is actually Littlefinger’s daughter?

no silly goose

some people in the Vale who have gathered at the tourney suspect Sansa is Sansa

29 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

True. Except the present High Septon has already given Tommen his blessing.

It appears to me that the High Septon would be unapproachable at this point in time of the story.

I consider that a highly malleable situation. The High Septon acknowledged Tommen's right to be king. That doesn't mean that the High Sparrow will back him unconditionally when the Faith clashes with the Crown. Imagine Becket and Henry II. Of course in this scenario Cersei is Henry.

And I'm sure that the Tyrells could be of help as well. The little queen can start to work on Tommen. They have good motivation to annul the marriage also.

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I seemed to have missed this earlier.

This is where some of the details of the story get foggy for me because I haven't read the whole thing since 2013. Has Roose actually moved the Wardenship to the Dreadfort and ceded WF to Ramsey? If not, then Roose is still lord of WF and marrying fArya to Ramsey is a proprietary PR move since he has a wife and fArya is pretty young. The move just cements his hold on the north and the Wardenship by getting a Stark in his family. It also helps with the appearance of a greater legitimization of Ramsey's new non-bastard status.

If Roose has ceded WF, then the PL makes more sense to me.

My word was

3 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

your question is

55 minutes ago, Trefayne said:

I seemed to have missed this earlier.

This is where some of the details of the story get foggy for me because I haven't read the whole thing since 2013. Has Roose actually moved the Wardenship to the Dreadfort and ceded WF to Ramsey? If not, then Roose is still lord of WF and marrying fArya to Ramsey is a proprietary PR move since he has a wife and fArya is pretty young. The move just cements his hold on the north and the Wardenship by getting a Stark in his family. It also helps with the appearance of a greater legitimization of Ramsey's new non-bastard status.

If Roose has ceded WF, then the PL makes more sense to me.

Roose is the Lord of Dreadfort. Roose has also been declare the Warden of the North.  HAR!!! Tywin is dead. Roose ain't getting no support from down south

Ramsey is Lord of WF through fArya.

We might toss a few coins around in the air ---  A Dance with Dragons - Reek III     "Even ruined and broken, Winterfell remains Lady Arya's home. What better place to wed her, bed her, and stake your claim?

Ramsey, not Roose is staking claim on WF.

Sometimes the discussions get a bit tiresome. Having to type all the information is annoying. I try, I really to try to refrain from asking if a person has read the books because I myself find it difficult to keep up with what is happening. AND I forget so much shite considering the length of the five books.

On 8/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, Faera said:

Again, she's ideally need someone who isn't going to inherit anything to forego his family name and act ideally as the "face of the army" for the North.

I think that's why Harry's the best match for her

1 hour ago, Clegane'sPup said:

We might toss a few coins around in the air ---  A Dance with Dragons - Reek III     "Even ruined and broken, Winterfell remains Lady Arya's home. What better place to wed her, bed her, and stake your claim?

Ramsey, not Roose is staking claim on WF.

Well yeah, there's no doubt the little bastard is ambitious, but Roose is far from clueless about Ramsey's actions. He even tells Theon as much. I was just wondering if we had heard anything from Roose himself about it. From what I remember Roose is present at WF the last time we are there when Theon and fArya jump from the walls.

And no worries on the annoyance. I believe that there are actual college courses being offered on this mess. It's too much for quick review and discussion.

11 minutes ago, Trefayne said:

From what I remember Roose is present at WF the last time we are there when Theon and fArya jump from the walls.

Yep, a big happy family all dem freys, boltons, manderlys. and others.

Roose is Warden of the North.  Roose ain't Lord of WF.

His bastard son is lord of WF via fArya.

10 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

That may be. He’s still a jerk, one in a line of jerks Sansa’s been attracted to or promised to.

Minus a few here and there all the men seem to be jerks (or worse) in asoiaf :dunno:

That being said even though I'm a Sansa stan I have to accept that she won't be marrying someone for their personality or how compatible they are it will all be about who can secure Winterfell and right now Harry's the number 1 choice. 

42 minutes ago, Pikachu101 said:

Minus a few here and there all the men seem to be jerks (or worse) in asoiaf :dunno:

That being said even though I'm a Sansa stan I have to accept that she won't be marrying someone for their personality or how compatible they are it will all be about who can secure Winterfell and right now Harry's the number 1 choice. 

Oh, come on! Grey Worm & Co. are perfect gentlemen! Polite and well trained and they'd even go shopping with you without one single complaint. ;)

After all the author has put Sansa through it would be nice if he let her pick her own husband at least. I'm going to hold judgment on the whole Elizabeth I arc the show is taking with her until it plays out. It could be good for the books too, but we don't know how much of that is book plot or show plot. The books would have quite a winding path to get her anywhere near the place they chopped and hacked their way to onscreen.

Archived