The Expanse #4: Amazon Rising (spoilers for book only up to last episode)

Corvinus85

I'm thinking they'll cover Cibola Burn in about half a season, too. The ending of that is necessary, even if they take a chainsaw to the plot of that book.

Plus, I already miss Avasarala, so the plot for Nemesis Games needs to get going.

30 minutes ago, Corvinus of Teranga said:

I'm thinking they'll cover Cibola Burn in about half a season, too. The ending of that is necessary, even if they take a chainsaw to the plot of that book.

Plus, I already miss Avasarala, so the plot for Nemesis Games needs to get going.

But we lose Miller at the end of Cibola Burn

So this stuff is probably a bit spoilery for later, but I think one of the challenges is that they need to have Avasarala AND Draper doing stuff regularly (as they're both main cast and get paid anyway), which likely means a lot of changes are necessary. We might have something like S1 where those two are doing things that set up later work, or they'll scrap certain aspects. 

Making Bobbie not part of Avasarala's crew and having her be part of Mars also complicates things.

I thought the finale was amazing. Kind of glad I haven’t read the books, as I can’t wait to see where this goes next season. 

One minor note, I’ve been a bit meh on Anna since she was first introduced, but damn that scene with her and Amos was great. He’s far and away my favorite character at this point. 

Like Nictarion I'm interested in seeing where the story goes having only read the first two books. The potential seems to be there story-wise, but I'll have to avoid the series spoilers (both book and television).

I think even book readers only have a general idea, they're changing a lot in a way that's still utterly faithful to the story, and book 4 presents a lot of challenges that I expect to be side stepped by taking a different approach.

Loved the finale, Amos and Anna were so good together. I feel like it's basically explicit at this point that Drummers in love with Naomi, but it's unclear if that's purely unrequited or if something happened in the time jump?

And we left the season with Diogo's fate up in the air, but I have faith in invincible him. He will turn up again.

I missed something with the speed limit. When Holden got captured by the martians werent a bunch of bullets slowed down to the point of harmlessness?  But plenty of gunfire in the finale?

I love this show... I really hope that Amazon does it justice...

Spoiler

I really hope that Bobbie and Clarissa become part of the Rocinante  crew... The former seems to have burned the bridge with the Martian military, and the latter is a serious bad ass, albeit one with a shit-ton of baggage, and a serious body count... her redemption arc could be really great

I also love Drummer and Ashford sharing a drink at the end...

I would be surprised if Anna stays in space....

4 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I missed something with the speed limit. When Holden got captured by the martians werent a bunch of bullets slowed down to the point of harmlessness?  But plenty of gunfire in the finale?

Fanwank: bullets from power armor are hypervelocity slugs meant to penetrate armor; small arms are designed to be low-velocity so that they do not puncture hulls. 

But ask James Corey and see!

That was... AMAZING. And thinking about the show ending on one network and continuing to another, it makes complete sense to end it on Sci Fi with this. New adventures and new worlds on new network... 

Ana and Amos were amazing. There is something in Amos that gets drawn to the genuine kindness and goodness like moth to the flame. Same happened with Prax. There is something Hound-esque in him and I love it...

It was amazing seeing Avasarala back. I don't think I could get another half a season without her. She's amazing.

I hope we'll also see more of Clarissa. 

6 hours ago, mcbigski said:

That was on the station. The speed limit doesn't apply inside the ships.

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

That was on the station. The speed limit doesn't apply inside the ships.

Agreed, velocity inside the ships doesn't appear to be effected.  When the speed limit changed everyone inside the ships still kept moving until they slammed into something, they didn't decelerate at the same time/rate as the outer hulls.  Seems to effect only things in direct contact with the zone space, like the ships, missiles, bullets fired by the marines in the station and the nuclear explosion.

Just now, Leofric said:

Agreed, velocity inside the ships doesn't appear to be effected.  When the speed limit changed everyone inside the ships still kept moving until they slammed into something, they didn't decelerate at the same time/rate as the outer hulls.  Seems to effect only things in direct contact with the zone space, like the ships, missiles, bullets and explosions.

Yeah, the science chap on the UN ship noted this a few episodes back. Said they needed to test it. Ouch.

Archived