The Expanse #4: Amazon Rising (spoilers for book only up to last episode)

Corvinus85

I'm not current with the show yet (still on Season 3):

Spoiler

but has Duarte been introduced in this season? Also have they allided to the dark matter beings at all? I also think you'd have to cut out the Laconian storyline in order to wrap up the protomolecule storyline but I'm obviously not far along in the show. How they intend to finish the protomolecule storyline is the biggest question for me given it hasn't concluded in the books either.

35 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

I'm not current with the show yet (still on Season 3) <snip>

Please use spoilers for book talk up to last episode, which FYI is the end of Cibola Burn with some setup for Nemesis Games. 

Spoiler

No, Duarte wasn't introduced, Marco Inaros appeared in season 4. The Ilus events of Cibola Burn with the mysterious globe are covered in the show.

Bobbie's whole arc in S4 was setting up the 

Spoiler

mutinous Mars navy plotline though. I guess you can have them as a splinter faction still within the Sol system without needing to branch off the whole Laconia thing. As said above they might not need to develop the tech, just get the research insights regarding the Romans and Goths.

Based on Ty's attitude on Twitter - saying this isn't a cancellation - I think that confirms that they adopted this plan deliberately as a way of making sure the show gets an ending. Nine seasons was always very optimistic.

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

They've also released a clip online which isn't from the book which I think is a big clue on how they're going to handle this.

Reveal hidden contents

It looks like the protomolecule storyline is going to be front and centre in Season 5 (and presumably 6) when it basically gets benched in the books.

So my guess is that the Duarte storyline won't be particularly huge (or maybe even present at all). Instead, Seasons 5 and 6 will use the Free Navy storyline to substitute for the Laconians and then continue the protomolecule storyline and resolve it in a similar manner to however Book 9 will do it.

That does maybe hint that the Laconian technology is a bit of a red herring and is not necessary to resolve the threat from the extradimensional aliens in the books.

Where is this clip?

22 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Based on Ty's attitude on Twitter - saying this isn't a cancellation - I think that confirms that they adopted this plan deliberately as a way of making sure the show gets an ending. Nine seasons was always very optimistic.

That's good to hear. 

Archived