The Expanse #4: Amazon Rising (spoilers for book only up to last episode)

Corvinus85

1 hour ago, Maltaran said:

Nice to see them using the novella material for Bobbie’s story in the first couple of episodes.

They did in with the Epstein story in (I wanna say) season two, so not surprising.  That was only one episode, but it was still a nice touch of world-building.

25 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Finished off four episodes so far, and yup, they've done it again. Ilus is working much better on screen than it did in the books.

I'm a little surprised at how much people disliked Cibola Burn. It's easily the weakest entry in the series, but I quite liked the different challenges the story presented our heroes. Smaller scale, more personal.

Finished 4 episodes. It is great, the CGI is effective, I am not sure how big the budget bump was but one can tell. The show became more cinematic and the sets are amazing. The story never falters no matter which part of Universe we are in. All in all, so far, they are doing a great work.

40 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Uh...Elvi was always from Africa and always had dark skin. 

To be fair to Jace's gag, this is true of other characters in other properties that have had ridiculous outrage. And some of the people that assumed Amos was black got annoyed for related reasons.

6 episodes in.... I'll finish it today... damn this is fantastic... everyone has had their moments....

...I can't help but notice that Holden seems to have found a bigger set of balls this season

... I almost didn;t recognized Lyndie Greenwood with the shorter, lighter hair.... 

... Every time Chrisjen speaks, somewhere, a nerd gets a date

... Burn Gorman is a classic asshole

... As much as the Bobbie sub-plot is interesting, I'm anxious to see how she'll tie back into the main plot

8 episodes in... They are not missing the beat this year. It's absolutely amazing. 

54 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Burn Gorman is a classic asshole

It took me a while to figure out where I had seen him before and when I realized I had the same idea. :D

25 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Guide to binge watching The Expanse: find a good stopping point in the middle of an episode, otherwise you're not leaving the TV. :P

7 episodes in, loving it.

lmao, yeah. they REALLY know where to end their episodes to make you want to keep going. just pick an end of a scene in the middle of an episode if you want to stop. Going into the 8th ep so far.

Archived