U.S. Politics: Hey! Teachers! Leave Them Kids Alone

Martell Spy

3 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

So one of my instincts on fighting back is to use sanctity violations as a weapon, when republicans are being despicable frame them as pissing on the Bible sort of thing. would that be the equivalent reversal?

I think purity things do work decently. Another is personal stories; I've had several people do a complete and utter about face when they found out about my son's cancer, because it does hit them when they're talking about a kid that they may know.

But realistically, very little is going to work because Trump is in charge, and a big part of their psyche is about obeying the person in charge. That keeps them in the group and obeying, and that's going to be hard to fight. 

1 minute ago, Bonnot OG said:

This country is so god damn fragile, thanks to civility politics pushed by white moderates who never have to worry about being impacted. 

MLK quotes up the ass and their revisionist white washed history, looking at you David Gergen, you fucking dipshit fossil. The civil rights movement and anti vietnam war movement were totally better in tone! As kids were shot and killed at Kent State, 11 people in New Mexico were bayonnetted, as 200 Pro Nixon union workers caused a riot and beat the shit out of high school and college kids. As Black Panther members were assassinated by LE. As civil rights workers were shot, lynched and killed in Mississippi, and other countless murders and lynchings happened down south. Not to mention the violence that didn't kill people, but serverly wounded them and caused permanent damage. 

Don't you dare get angry, be polite to the oppressors. Serve the 3rd rate Goebbels in smokey eye her dinner with a smile as she lies for her white supremacist boss who is throwing kids into concentration camps and dehumanizing them, which totally isn't how genocides get normalized. 

Be civil and polite as they gas light you. You are not allowed to be angry. Be civil, docile, and eat the shit being served up to you and everone in the world with a big fucking grin, or else you will somehow be just like them.

Exactly, cause significant social change has always been the result of asking nicely. Let us eat milquetoast! 

---

Ah, I see. I feel that, Kal, and agree. Don't you think Trump will have to do more than just rile up the base come 2020 though? I think so anyway, but don't see how the strat you've outlined that worked before would succeed again. 

5 minutes ago, كالدب said:

I think purity things do work decently. Another is personal stories; I've had several people do a complete and utter about face when they found out about my son's cancer, because it does hit them when they're talking about a kid that they may know.

But realistically, very little is going to work because Trump is in charge, and a big part of their psyche is about obeying the person in charge. That keeps them in the group and obeying, and that's going to be hard to fight. 

Not really. God is in charge and even David (or really pick any Old Testament hero) was not always in gods good graces.

undemine his authority by asserting gods authority over trump and hammer away at trumps disregard of gods authority (and that this implicitly removes gods blessing) and combine it with trumps actions that violate conservative purity.

but if liberals also assume trump is in charge and base all their attacks from that premise, then liberals are hosed.

and throwing in Nikolai carpathia references never hurts.

49 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

The number one story on the today show this morning was worshipful / triumphant clips of the fuhrer at his rally yesterday.

Obviously you’ll find examples that show otherwise, but most shows have been leading with the crisis at the border, and considering most stories’ shelf life is less than 48 hours, it’s impressive to see that this has been getting top coverage for more than a week or two.   

16 minutes ago, كالدب said:

Obama was about as civil as one can possibly hope for. 

Your argument is invalid. 

Obama wasn’t on the ballot, and if he was, he would have crushed Trump.   

1 minute ago, JEORDHl said:

Exactly, cause significant social change has always been the result of asking nicely. Let us eat milquetoast! 

---

Ah, I see. I feel that, Kal, and agree. Don't you think Trump will have to do more than just rile up the base come 2020 though? I think so anyway, but don't see how the strat you've outlined that worked before would succeed again. 

Even if Trump loses, does anyone here really think he will give up the power lol? 

He won the election, but lost the popular vote, and whined about it being rigged etc, imagine what he will do if he losses the EC vote too.

1 minute ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Obviously you’ll find examples that show otherwise, but most shows have been leading with the crisis at the border, and considering most stories’ shelf life is less than 48 hours, it’s impressive to see that this has been getting top coverage for more than a week or two.   

Obama has also abandoned this country and its people and in this abandonment he is complicit in trumps atrocities. His silence is deafening.

Its been a depressing couple of weeks, beginning with the dehumanization of refugee children and culminating today in the SC upholding of the 'Muslim ban'. I dont think civility is the answer here, we need rage. Rage all the way till November and then beyond. We have been on a very dark path for the last year, and the only way we can apply the brakes a bit is by winning in November...and anger is the only way to turn out the base.

5 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Obama has also abandoned this country and its people and in this abandonment he is complicit in trumps atrocities. His silence is deafening.

This is ridiculous. What would you like him to do--stage a military coup? 

There are four other living US presidents. Why aren't you singling them out?

Edit: If he did speak up against protocol, you'd accuse him of trying to still be the president and say "See, he's a dictator!"

13 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Yeah who the fuck out there is going "well, I was going to vote for the Democrat, but a few of them were so uncivil.  I guess I'll vote for Trump instead".

This is literally lolsob worthy mental gymnastics.  Seriously, @sperry, what voter is going to vote for Trump because of 'civility' as a concern?  

That’s not the point. You need to contrast yourself with Trump so people can’t revert to the lazy adage that they’re the same. Being civil doesn’t mean being meek, nor does it mean that you can’t fight back and hit Trump hard, but you engage in his mudslinging fight. Most democrats will lose that fight and lose it badly.

5 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Possibly. At the same time, the notion that the only reason people voted for him was civility is obviously flawed, because Trump was by far incredibly uncivil.

And remember when we all heard the 'grab 'em by the pussy' quote, and the Fox people kept asking their guests not to use the word 'pussy' - because that's what offended them? They were fine voting for Trump though, just not with liberals being rude. 

8 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Not really. God is in charge and even David (or really pick any Old Testament hero) was not always in gods good graces.

For most religiously-motivated voters, they are primarily driven by what their church says, not what their books say. Most of them have not read the bible in full, per a study I heard earlier. And they have been told several times that Trump is God's messenger. 

10 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Trump won't have to just rile up the base in 2020 to win, but that's what he wants to do in 2018 to get people to vote, and that's what Fox wants in order to keep ratings. In 2020, Trump simply has to point to the relatively successful economy and say 'things aren't that bad', and people won't change dicks in the middle of a screw (as the anti-Nixon chant went in 1972). 

And as has been pointed out, do you really think that an authoritarian ruler who has utter disdain for the rule of law is going to hold fair elections?

Things Obama did fuck up with that he should be criticized for. Being too ready to compromise with racists, the GOP was never going to like him. And he lost a SC seat and now the country is going to have to deal with that fuck up for a while. 

He also sat on the Russia info and let MM win by not doing so, and in turn MM got the supreme court seat that he obstructed Garland from getting.

Now lower courts will be infested with white supremacist hand picked shit bags. 

5 minutes ago, Bonnot OG said:

Even if Trump loses, does anyone here really think he will give up the power lol? 

He won the election, but lost the popular vote, and whined about it being rigged etc, imagine what he will do if he losses the EC vote too.

Well, you can [as Vic says] dehumanize people based on nation or origin -and religion, the scotus ruling is such a joke- and you can deregulate and remove so many environmental protections that the economy would appear to be booming -if you turn off your brain and ignore future offsets to the same- and, you can piss all over the rights that should be granted all human beings... but by God you will not make thyself a King! That sir, is rank haberdashery and shall not be countenanced! [rolls eyes] 

3 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

That’s not the point. You need to contrast yourself with Trump so people can’t revert to the lazy adage that they’re the same. Being civil doesn’t mean being meek, nor does it mean that you can’t fight back and hit Trump hard, but you engage in his mudslinging fight. Most democrats will lose that fight and lose it badly.

That might hold true for the eventual candidate, but it doesn't hold true for all Democrats in general. You need the MLK leader, but you also need the attackers who show the stick. You need the ones stirring up shit too. 

Because the lazy adage that they're the same does not matter in the least

1 minute ago, Bonnot OG said:

Things Obama did fuck up with that he should be criticized for. Being too ready to compromise with racists, the GOP was never going to like him. And he lost a SC seat and now the country is going to have to deal with that fuck up for a while. 

He also sat on the Russia info and let MM win by not doing so, and in turn MM got the supreme court seat that he obstructed Garland from getting.

Now lower courts will be infested with white supremacist hand picked shit bags. 

I've forgiven him for not telling us about the Russia information. He was in an impossible position, and he could not give the impression that he was in any way interfering. He did what he could, and we have to let the justice system play out. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn. 

As far as being nice to Trumpers, not a chance in hell. They can't be bargained with, they can't be reasoned with. There's nothing there to reason with. The only thing we have is just what Waters did--you call them on their BS and you shove it right back in their faces. It's the only language they understand.

Time to get down and dirty, liberals. 

13 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Yeah who the fuck out there is going "well, I was going to vote for the Democrat, but a few of them were so uncivil.  I guess I'll vote for Trump instead".

This is literally lolsob worthy mental gymnastics.  Seriously, @sperry, what voter is going to vote for Trump because of 'civility' as a concern?  

The undecided voters don't believe Trump is a nazi or a white supremacist. If they believed that, they wouldn't be undecided. There are plenty of people who don't like him or his policies, but in order to get them to go affirmatively vote dem they are going to have to like the democratic candidate. A campaign focused on liberal rage and screaming about nazis isn't going anywhere.

Just now, كالدب said:

Also, without looking, what do you think Trump's net approval/disapproval rate is? The results may surprise you. 

It's negative, but it's not a huge disparity. 55-45 something like that.

Just now, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I've forgiven him for not telling us about the Russia information. He was in an impossible position, and he could not give the impression that he was in any way interfering. He did what he could, and we have to let the justice system play out. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn. 

As far as being nice to Trumpers, not a chance in hell. They can't be bargained with, they can't be reasoned with. There's nothing there to reason with. The only thing we have is just what Waters did--you call them on their BS and you shove it right back in their faces. It's the only language they understand.

Time to get down and dirty, liberals. 

I don't forgive him. His lack of action there got us a white supremacist in office, and kids in concentration camps and hundreds of repeals that are going to fuck us economically, and enviormentally. 

He was an utter moron for that and I hope cant sleep because of it. 

There is no justice in a de facto white supremacist nation. 

And Dems lose elections because they are self rightoues dipshits for all the wrong reasons, appearences. 

It's one big theatre to them. Be as "moral" as possible! Just in look though. Lets be friends with repulicans! It's just politics! Like there is no impact from political policies!

Ah, that Steve King over there, he may say some really racist and neo nazi bullshit, but he sure is a fine fella to sit down and have a beer with. 

Chuck Schumer logic. Be nice to Steve King, blacks! Don't be rude to him even though he clearly wants a white ethno state!

They view republicans as friends, when they are the enemy. Their political opinions are terrible. You should not be friends with them, you should not be civil to them.

Just now, كالدب said:

Also, without looking, what do you think Trump's net approval/disapproval rate is? The results may surprise you. 

Without looking I'd say they're high amongst the base and maybe secretly cross party with those who clutch the pearls of white privilege tightly.

Archived