Match Day 12: Saudi Arabia v Egypt; Russia v Uruguay; Iran v Portugal; Spain v Morocco

Pique has just gone two footed, studs up into Boutaib’s ankle and didn’t even have a foul given against him. Play had to stop to treat the Moroccan and they didn’t check VAR. Unbelievable.

Yeah, I think Pique should have seen red for that. A card at the very least. He made minimal contact with the player but it was a two-footed studs up challenge. Very reckless and dangerous. 

Spain/Morocco is a good game. Spain look so vulnerable on the counter and Morocco are having a go. Morocco's defence doesn't look too solid either.

18 minutes ago, I am Zlatan said:

Pique has just gone two footed, studs up into Boutaib’s ankle and didn’t even have a foul given against him. Play had to stop to treat the Moroccan and they didn’t check VAR. Unbelievable.

Where did the foul occur?

i didn’t watch the Mexico v S Korea game, but I saw a wrap up show later that showed the goals and discussed the game. One of Mexico’s came when they gained possession in their own half through a clear foul and went forward and scored. Those discussing the game explained that VAR can only be used “in or near the penalty area.” It’s not intended to be used for general play over the entire field. 

Spain's defending in the tournament has been poor. Iran were also able create a number good chances once they decided to attack a bit more. Suarez and Cavani will be liking what they see. At least Morocco will go out on a high. They played some good football as well.

Archived