Smarter robb not underestimate frey

Alex Gu

7 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

All Robb had to do was decide to honor his marriage pact. Even after he slept with Jeyne he could've just left it as a one night stand without any serious consequences. 

I once suggested that Robb could have given Jeyne to Edmure as a bride and keep the Frey contract, as a “reward” for beating Tywin at the Battle of the Fords.

14 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I once suggested that Robb could have given Jeyne to Edmure as a bride and keep the Frey contract, as a “reward” for beating Tywin at the Battle of the Fords.

Robb even pissed of at Edmure did not want to undermine his uncle and most powerfull vassal in front of his lords.

A Frey bride works for Edmure, the Freys are the strongest bannermen of the Riverlands, is a match that makes sense. Jeyne on the other hand was a soiled Lady of a lesser house that pleage fealty to the enemy.

Robb should just bed and keep her as his mistress if he realy liked her. He onwed her nothing.

Marrying Jeyne is a top 5 dumb moves in the series. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

4 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

All Robb had to do was decide to honor his marriage pact. Even after he slept with Jeyne he could've just left it as a one night stand without any serious consequences. 

Now just watch how the Stark's fans spin into "Oh Robb was just too honorable.  Honor killed Robb.  His honor made him choose to marry the girl he devirginized because it was his duty to marry her.  He only did it because it was his duty."  Or some crap of an excuse like that. 

The truth is, Robb was not an honorable man.  I'm sure he was in his own mind.  He was actually a selfish ass of a brat who married Jeyne because he wanted to and cared not about oath breaking.

3 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

truth is, Robb was not an honorable man.  I'm sure he was in his own mind.  He was actually a selfish ass of a brat who married Jeyne because he wanted to and cared not about oath breaking.

Agreed. Didn't he also rape her? So he can marry her I guess. I think there was some threads on that. Or were they just high on crap bullshit? Can't recall.

Archived