Weaker frey

Alex Gu

45 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

Another thing is that Lannisters are much richer and stronger than Tullies. For instance as a heir Tywin could call at arms a task force of 500 knights without help from bannermen of Lannisters and he could wipe out 2 rebelling houses with minimal support from junior houses.

I am almost certain that Edmure could not do those things. Or Tullies had to be much more careful what they do and how they deal with own bannermen than Lannisters. In fact I suspect that even Kevan could outgun all forces available to lord of Riverrun without  support from bannermen.

The power disparity between Walder and Hoster were not as much as what existed between Tywin and the two houses under his domain.  I believe Walder Frey is richer and better connected than Hoster Tully.  Tully may not get the support he needed should he announce an attack on House Frey.  Frankly, I would have liked it better if Walder Frey got the better of Hoster Tully.  

4 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

The power disparity between Walder and Hoster were not as much as what existed between Tywin and the two houses under his domain.  I believe Walder Frey is richer and better connected than Hoster Tully.  Tully may not get the support he needed should he announce an attack on House Frey.  Frankly, I would have liked it better if Walder Frey got the better of Hoster Tully.  

Richer? Maybe. Better connected? Absolutely not. At least at the start of AGoT

Hoster's connections got a 20K man army to come south and lift the siege of RR. His other daughter also has an iron grip on the Knights of the Vale (to his detriment, albeit). 

Frey has ..... marriage ties to the Lannisters that yield him nothing until he turns his family into a loathsome joke. 

Archived