Melisandre and Glamor Davos?

Chris Mormont

6 hours ago, Tagganaro said:

ah ok...I'm still not sure whose fingerbones we have that would make sense.  Anyone missing a finger?  Jaime Lannister?

I agree with you, but to that same end we have Melisandre's POV where she says she's keeping Devan around as a kindness to Davos.  

It's possible she's lying to herself and by extension us the readers, but again as I said above I like to think that GRRM would not use POV characters to be purposefully deceptive and misleading like that.  

Lol, I seem to remember Jaimes hand rotting and being tossed in the woods.

The bag around his neck could belong to anybody. Like nameless thief who's head and hands were displayed at White Harbor. 

Not really. She did personally save Devan (maybe probably for now) and she feels that Davos has suffered enough, but that's not the same as Mel saved because of kindness.

It does seem like that, but the quote also starts with her asking for Devan and ends with seeing Davos in the flames. Glamor and fingerbones seem relevant to Mel's magic so that's why I draw my conclusion. 

We can for the most part trust POV as truth(in this world of grumkins snarks maesters and septons we gotta trust somebody). Some instances, mainly Sansa have inaccurate recollections. Other characters include Barristan. Some POV don't tell you the whole truth on their future plans like Tyrion. I do believe Melisandre didn't want Devan to die of frostbite or Bolton, and that Davos (her champions champion) should not suffer more. But I think there are pieces missing from her schemes

Archived