Why burn the supplies?

Angel Eyes

So when Daenerys, Drogon and the Dothraki attack the supply train, why does she also burn the supplies? It would make more sense to set Drogon against the Lannister soldiers, who are clustered together and make a big target for Drogon, and send the Dothraki after the supplies for her forces to use. An army doesn’t just fight, it also has to feed itself; Dothraki aren’t particularly great against lines of troops as the Unsullied proved. Besides, it’s rather bad for publicity for Daenerys to be burning supplies, since Winter is Coming and the smallfolk will starve without food (obviously), making it easier to support Cersei. 

“Oh look at the Dragon Queen who burns food we need!”

Or Daenerys simply doesn’t concern herself with the opinion of sheep?

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, EloImFizzy said:

GRRM: "You see, even though this is a fantasy story I try to add a sense of realism to my works, therefore-"

D&D: "Explosions! Add more explosions! People love that shit!"

That's all season 8 is going to be. 10 hours of explosions. Even when exposition or dialog is happening, explosions in the background the whole time #breaktheinternet

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2018 at 4:11 AM, The Golden Wolf said:

^this...always this. S7 was the season of bad logistics in order to make cool scenes possible. 

This is the real reason. 

It's Daenerys being impulsive. Tyrion even says it plainly.

This is the in-universe reason.  She gets carried away in the moment of 'being a dragon'.  Plus Danny is inexperienced and untrained in how to use dragons in land battles.

Show haters say the show is dumbed down, yet they need everything explained to them.

Not a show hater.  I very much enjoy the show.   I can and do 'fill in the blanks'.   :)

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 3:04 AM, Angel Eyes said:

So when Daenerys, Drogon and the Dothraki attack the supply train, why does she also burn the supplies? It would make more sense to set Drogon against the Lannister soldiers, who are clustered together and make a big target for Drogon, and send the Dothraki after the supplies for her forces to use. An army doesn’t just fight, it also has to feed itself; Dothraki aren’t particularly great against lines of troops as the Unsullied proved. Besides, it’s rather bad for publicity for Daenerys to be burning supplies, since Winter is Coming and the smallfolk will starve without food (obviously), making it easier to support Cersei. 

“Oh look at the Dragon Queen who burns food we need!”

Or Daenerys simply doesn’t concern herself with the opinion of sheep?

This is exactly what bothered me about the episode (and btw I actually enjoyed this episode the most out of the whole season), ESPECIALLY because in an earlier scene Dany actually said that they don't have food without the House Tyrell.  Then she burns it all...

How the Dothraki stay so strong with no food on Dragonstone to feed them, I have no idea.

PS  Where are the Dothraki women?  We didn't see one during the entire season.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:21 PM, Tywin Tytosson said:

Not a show hater.  I very much enjoy the show.   I can and do 'fill in the blanks'.   :)

Same here.  I really enjoy the show but the slip ups by the showrunners are so damn frustrating.  The entire production deserves better than lame plotholes that could easily be averted.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:41 AM, storm.131 said:

This is exactly what bothered me about the episode (and btw I actually enjoyed this episode the most out of the whole season), ESPECIALLY because in an earlier scene Dany actually said that they don't have food without the House Tyrell.  Then she burns it all...

How the Dothraki stay so strong with no food on Dragonstone to feed them, I have no idea.

PS  Where are the Dothraki women?  We didn't see one during the entire season.

(Bolded) This was very curious to me. I seem to recall that the show did cast a baby before filming on season seven started. I thought that perhaps we might see a Dothraki give birth or a Dothraki with a baby. I don't know what happened with that casting. However, I guess it is now clear that only the Dothraki men have come to Westeros, and I guess, they have conducted themselves very honorably as I have seen no incidents of Dothraki committing crimes on the Westrosi population.   

• 9 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 10:45 AM, btfu806 said:

That's all season 8 is going to be. 10 hours of explosions. Even when exposition or dialog is happening, explosions in the background the whole time #breaktheinternet

Well, what do you know? A good portion of the final season was explosions.

Archived