NHL 2021 - Another Season Same Thread

Nictarion

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Seattle is officially approved for an expansion franchise. They’ll start play in the 2021-22 season. 

Any fun ideas on team names? Hope they go with the Supersonics color scheme or something with green in it. 

Watch out Nashville, the Coyotes are winning the division that year :cool4:

10 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Any fun ideas on team names? Hope they go with the Supersonics color scheme or something with green in it. 

Watch out Nashville, the Coyotes are winning the division that year :cool4:

Think this is the best I’ve seen yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Mark Antony

you guys are getting a good one in Brian Boyle. Great character guy, and veteran leader. Doesn’t use that massive size as much as you would think, but he’s very effective on the PP screening goalies and getting tips. I’m glad he’s going to a team I don’t hate, and is an actual contender. If you guys don’t re-sign him I’d love to see the Devils bring him back. 

55 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

@Mark Antony

you guys are getting a good one in Brian Boyle. Great character guy, and veteran leader. Doesn’t use that massive size as much as you would think, but he’s very effective on the PP screening goalies and getting tips. I’m glad he’s going to a team I don’t hate, and is an actual contender. If you guys don’t re-sign him I’d love to see the Devils bring him back. 

Came here to ask you but you beat me to it. Thanks for this. Makes me feel better. Sounds honestly exactly like what we need. Really hope he makes a difference in the playoffs!

• 2 weeks later...

Pens turning it on this third period after a tough loss yesterday. Almost had a great comeback against a good flames team.

Two goals for Letang today takes him to 15 on the season. His career best is 16 so he should surpass that. Gotta wonder if this is the year Letang gets even a single look for the Norris. This is a homer thought but I think it’s borderline disrespectful that he’s never even been a finalist/runner up. He’s had a lot of injuries but the guy is a warrior on the ice, produces points, and is tough defensively. In a world of Karlson, burns, Subban, Keith, Douty, I know it’s hard to outshine them with the offensive production, but I think Letang brings the whole package. Not that all those guys don’t have the whole package, but I would’ve thought that Letang would’ve had a consideration now that he’s near 32 years old. Not to mention never making team canada for the olympics in 2010 and ‘14. Just goddamn disrespectful (Stephen a smith voice)

31 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Pens turning it on this third period after a tough loss yesterday. Almost had a great comeback against a good flames team.

Two goals for Letang today takes him to 15 on the season. His career best is 16 so he should surpass that. Gotta wonder if this is the year Letang gets even a single look for the Norris. This is a homer thought but I think it’s borderline disrespectful that he’s never even been a finalist/runner up. He’s had a lot of injuries but the guy is a warrior on the ice, produces points, and is tough defensively. In a world of Karlson, burns, Subban, Keith, Douty, I know it’s hard to outshine them with the offensive production, but I think Letang brings the whole package. Not that all those guys don’t have the whole package, but I would’ve thought that Letang would’ve had a consideration now that he’s near 32 years old. Not to mention never making team canada for the olympics in 2010 and ‘14. Just goddamn disrespectful (Stephen a smith voice)

I’ve always thought there should be a defensive defenseman type award. So many great stay at home defensemen get overlooked for the Norris because they don’t put up huge numbers. The fact that Scott Stevens never won one is ridiculous. Not that he was an offensive slouch. He had 900+ career points, and would have had WAY more if it wasn’t for the system the Devils played. 

As for the current Devils, man they are having a rough season. It’s obvious they’re in full on “Loose for Hughes” mode at this point. With Hall missing so much time, Nico Hischier has been about the only bright spot. He’s progressing nicely for all he’s being asked to do. Really good two-way player for his age. 

Archived